• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber needs to give drivers a bigger cut

Driver666

Some rides Uber keeps 45% of the fare. I heard 3 or 4 years ago Uber Drivers made a lot more money than today. You have to drive 12hrs a day to make good money. Of course some days are good you might get 3 trips to the airport and get 3 rematches. Plus driving in this city destroys your car. I had a blow out the other week hit a pot hole on Esplanade.

mbd

3 dollar extra per run for drivers with over 2000 runs
1.50 for extra per run for drives over 1000 runs
Drivers must maintain over 4.8 ratings
Drivers need to increase acceptance rates
Ratings under 3 must have proof, or else it will be thrown out
15 runs a day = 45 dollars a daY, which will take care of the gasoline cost and possibly monthly payment
Under 1000 runs - no help

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Some rides Uber keeps 45% of the fare. I heard 3 or 4 years ago Uber Drivers made a lot more money than today. You have to drive 12hrs a day to make good money. Of course some days are good you might get 3 trips to the airport and get 3 rematches. Plus driving in this city destroys your car. I had a blow out the other week hit a pot hole on Esplanade.
Lot more money.
A lot less Drivers
It only gets worse each year

Hustlin2Long

Uber in September 29,2014 had a bumpy start here in New Orleans with opposition. Uber did not have alot of drivers 4 years ago and there take out percentage was 20 per cent per ride. Uber hires new drivers just about everyday and is not stopping anytime soon! Yes back when Uber first launched, alot of driver was doing very well and some are still doing well as we speak to this day! Since there's new drivers being hired everyday as yourself, Uber had to up there percentage to 25 percent per ride! In order to keep up the the maintenance of the app in general and the amount of drivers that they have driving around here and other places!You don't have to necessarily drive 12 Hours a Day to make good money but to know when to drive and we're! I have never received 3 trip from downtown to MSY than get rematches for all three but getting a re match is not guaranteed to any driver! Any place you drive weather its the city or around kenner or a prime example the pot holes at our designated Uber and Lyft cell phone lot area which has tire size pot holes which if your not mindful of your surroundings that pot hole will cost you a crack oil pan or a bent rim etc...... Unfortunately car maintenance is the drivers responsibility not Uber Company as a whole! Even when uber partnership with Hertz in order for a driver that need a car to drive, the driver is responsible for the Windshield and Tires on the rent a car and any damages that occur while it's was in the drivers possession! I hope this help you out. Good Luck and make that money!

Hustlin2Long

If a driver or drivers are not happy in the way Uber dispense the money,after the rider has completed there trip. Why not look for another job that you will be pleased with doing! Alot of drivers complain about things that we have no control over but needs to focus on bettering the uber app. For all uber drivers in general. Case in point only 2 Set Destination a day when we should be rewarded 4 more after driver over 500 trips and maintaining a 4.90 5 star rating not a 4.85 that is the normal standard for the new Uber Pro that was rolled out yesterday for drivers that maintain a 4.85 5 star rating with such such cancellation rides! Set destination should be a reward given to all drivers after driving 500 5 star rides with keeping up a 4.90 5 star rating!I could go on but we need to address this issue and others!

Hustlin2Long

3 years ago to be exact, it was April 16.2015, uber launched uber X. Alot has changed and to be honest I've seen drivers come and go! In my past experience "YES" a person driving for uber X was making more money than imagine but than again that was when there wasnt alot of uber X driver to begin with! And by what you wrote you was not there in the beginning! It goes to show you that alot of new drivers as yourself expect and demand that you make the money as when uber first started but that's not the case. Have you ever stop and think, wow I'm an uber driver now but you don't take into account that since uber just hired you and other new uber drivers each day except sunday and holiday this is why we as drivers will not and cannot make the money we made when uber X first started out in New Orleans! Have you ever stop to think if The city of New Orleans and surrounding areas including Jefferson parish would of had in place a cap on the amount of drivers uber can hire, you wouldn't be on this forum Complaining because you wouldn't be an uber driver to begin with!The market in general is saturated from east bank to west bank, it's not how long you work it how wisely you work! BTW rematches are not guaranteed and it was put in place to get the driver back into the city, in do time there going to do away with that! And you stress driving in the city destroys your vehicle, driving anywhere on the east bank or west bank can place wear and tear on any vehicle, doesn't matter if your car was a mayback lol! Your not the first nor will you be the last to be given the honored to catch a blow out due to a pot hole in general. Be thankful you didn't bend your rim also as it happened to me! Just to give you a little advise.. ..Uber is in the business of making money so saturation of east bank and west bank in order to make a profit is futile! Every Uber driver is replaceable including myself that maintains a 5.0 overall 5 star rating to any other Uber driver, old and new! So stop complaining and just drive and be friendly to your guest you pick up!

Last edited:

stevedmc

Amen. These new drivers complaining about earnings are a big part of the problem. Merry Christmas everybody and Uber on!