1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

uber needs to expand worcester's surge zone.

Discussion in 'Worcester' started by hmmmmm, Sep 12, 2015.

1. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Member

As above the current surge zone is too small. It should really cover all of worcester but at the very least it should be expanded west of park ave to worcester state and assumption. South should be expanded to at least webster square and the worcester/auburn border. It should also expand north to e mountain st or above. It seems to be a regular occurance now that if there is a miracle surge all of the rides then originate just outside the area bc the main zone in worcester is pretty small and the only other zone than the airport is all of worcester county. I know there are enough rides coming from just outside the main zone to warrant this. If you are reading this uber please make this change and leave the rates alone. We already took one paycut this summer (all my fares are 5-10pct. Less with the reduced time charge), we dont need another.

2. Choochie

Choochie Well-Known Member

Did you send this to Zack the Operations Manager in Boston?
    If not then you should.

3. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Member

I really should. I eould go tell someone at the fairfield in auburn tomorrow but i cant make it and i just got the text now informingme of the q and a less than 24 hrs from now.

4. Choochie

Choochie Well-Known Member

If I'm around I will go in and tell them but I doubt it will do any good. I'm guessing as the ridership increases so will the zone.

5. BlackOps

BlackOps New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I went to the Fairfield Inn yesterday and voiced my concerns/opinions on the Worcester surge zones. I got a blank stare back and was told they'd look into it. :/

It seems like a tough area to work. From my limited experience it appears that there are a lot of drivers and not enough passengers most of the time.

6. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Member

You are 100 percent correct in your assesment. Way to many drivers for the available riders. Even the fri sat nights that used to be good have too many drivers and rarely surges anymore.