• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Navigation

tone_zone

I am beginning to wonder if the uber nav app is any good. I had a destination for someone, and instead of having my hop on the interstate, that i was right by, it had me taking highway straight through. We hopped on the interstate anyway. Estimated ride time was 39 minutes. Hopped on the interstate and it kept wanting me to get off the next 4 exits. Finally it kept me on the interstate. Shaved the time from 39 min to 25 minutes. Come on uber! This is dramatic time difference. I would use google, but i DO NOT like at all having to shuffle between the uber app and the google app. Personal preference, as it may work for some. What does everyone else do? Any suggestions, feedback?

vesolehome

Google Maps. it's my preference in the Uber app so it automatically opens. I don't have to flip back to the Uber app until I'm done with the ride. If I do, it's usually no bid deal.
But do what your comfortable with. I know a lot of PAX will rate low and complain if they think you don't know how to use your GPS. They expect you to know.

Uberdude1021

I switched from waze to Google maps and it's been a good change. Those map apps screw up from time to time, but Google maps has been the best for me. Anytime there is a navigation issue I always blame the app, even if it's my error.

Lionslover

I am beginning to wonder if the uber nav app is any good. I had a destination for someone, and instead of having my hop on the interstate, that i was right by, it had me taking highway straight through. We hopped on the interstate anyway. Estimated ride time was 39 minutes. Hopped on the interstate and it kept wanting me to get off the next 4 exits. Finally it kept me on the interstate. Shaved the time from 39 min to 25 minutes. Come on uber! This is dramatic time difference. I would use google, but i DO NOT like at all having to shuffle between the uber app and the google app. Personal preference, as it may work for some. What does everyone else do? Any suggestions, feedback?
The Uber navigation is just awful,it's usually 5 or 6 houses off and it takes you on the most ass backward ways.