Uber Navigation Nightmares

Snowblind

I had two Select pings today. The first pax canceled, because I guess it took me too long to get there. Guess why?
Ubers lousy Navigation couldn’t find it. So I punched Pax’s Address in my own Navigation System, went on my way, two minutes later: Cancel.
An hour later, I’ll get one of those “long Ride” Requests. I am on it.
Again, the Uber Navigation doesn’t get it. I quickly enter the address in my own Navi, and 5 minutes later I am at the Pax Home.
I check “arrived” and the Uber Navi tells me Rider has been notified.
Nothing happens.
After 4 minutes I call the pax, it is, after all a Select Ride.
She says “Oh, I had no idea you were waiting outside.”
I ask her if she has been notified that I arrived.
She says no.
Alright, I ask her what the exact Address of her Destination is. At this point I no longer trust the Uber Navigation.
My own Pioneer Navigation (AVIC 7201 NEX) has never let me down. It also has traffic built in, which is nice. Turns out, we’re going to Encino.
I start the Trip, and follow my own Navi.
I am hitting the 605 North, But Uber Navi still thinks I am on Los Coyotes.
I try to re-boot my Phone, nothing happens.
I get the dreaded “NAVIGATION ERROR
I swipe the “Start Trip” twice, and Uber Navi is trying to catch up, nada.
We’re following the 105, and Uber Navi has finally caught up. I leave mine running, you never know.
Suddenly, the Uber Navi wants me to turn right on Imperial. LOL!
I guess I am no longer on the 105.
As we get off on Mulholland Drive, (off the 405) the Uber Navi completely loses it.
It goes sideways, up and down.
When I finally arrive at Pax Destination, Uber still thinks I’m at the Getty Museum.
Pax was very cool about it the entire Time.
We laughed about Ubers Navi (She was able to see what was going on) we gave ourselves 5 Stars and went our ways.
I got in DF Mode with Uber and Lyft and pretty much deadmiled home.
Traffic wasn’t really bad, and surprisingly, Ubers Navi was working again.
Anyone had this happen before?

What a friggin’ Nightmare. Sorry about the long post.

Lady Driver LBC

I had two Select pings today. The first pax canceled, because I guess it took me too long to get there. Guess why?
Ubers lousy Navigation couldn’t find it. So I punched Pax’s Address in my own Navigation System, went on my way, two minutes later: Cancel.
Again, the Uber Navigation doesn’t get it. I quickly enter the address in my own Navi, and 5 minutes later I am at the Pax Home.
Nothing happens.
She says no.
Alright, I ask her what the exact Address of her Destination is. At this point I no longer trust the Uber Navigation.
My own Pioneer Navigation (AVIC 7201 NEX) has never let me down. It also has traffic built in, which is nice. Turns out, we’re going to Encino.
We’re following the 105, and Uber Navi has finally caught up. I leave mine running, you never know.
As we get off on Mulholland Drive, (off the 405) the Uber Navi completely loses it.
When I finally arrive at Pax Destination, Uber still thinks I’m at the Getty Museum.
We laughed about Ubers Navi (She was able to see what was going on) we gave ourselves 5 Stars and went our ways.

You use Uber's nav? :eek::eek::eek:

mandreyka

Nothing happens.
She says no.

Make sure everything is updated

Snowblind

I update my Stuff (Phone, Tablet, Computer, Router, Printer, TV, Fit Bit, Blu-Ray player, Remote Controls, Dune, Roku, Car, Surround Receiver, Alexa, Solar Inverters ) all the time, mandreyka .
I'm an IT Guy. With Toys.
:p

You use Uber's nav? :eek::eek::eek:
LOL! Lady Driver LBC :

I use Google for my Lyft Navi, and just changed the Uber Navi also to Google Maps.
Happy now?

I guess I never had a problem with the Uber Navi...until today.
Please don't talk me into the Waze App. It talks way too much.

LoveBC

The Uber map now rotates instead of just zooming in and out. I guess that's the next change nobody asked for.

Reactions: MHR

tohunt4me

Nothing happens.
She says no.

Yes !
Too many times !
It once told me to turn left through the cement embankment of an interstate overpass at 70 m.p.h.

It has done HORRIBLE THINGS to me and my Ratings !

One woman in New Orleans got car jacked because of Uber Navigation.

Another driver dropped a passenger off where he immediately got robbed due to navigation !

NEVER TRUST UBER NAVIGATION !

Uber Navigation WILL KILL PEOPLE IN SELF DRIVING CARS !

LoveBC

Ugh uber navigation it's horrible when there multiple freeway exits. It won't tell you which freeway till it's too late

I love Waze but I wish it show you the drop off adress
When I'm on the last half mile of the trip I swap back to Uber nav, waze will get you there, Uber nav will help you find the place since it shows the building silhouettes

pacman38

Nothing happens.
She says no.

This-is-why-I-have-my-trusty-updated-Garmin-mounted-on-my-windshield...Uber's-nav-doesn't-recognize-a-wall...and-sends-me-to-the-wrong-side-of-a-wall...or-dead-end-street-where-the-pick-up-is-just-30-or-50-feet-on-the-other-side-of-the-wall-or-dead-end-street,,,My-Garmin-is-the-best..

Also...another-major-problem-with-the-Uber-nav-or-the-google-map-nave-is-when-I'm0n-the-freeway-and-3-or-4-freeways-are-coming-up...it-doesn't-tell-me-wheich-new-freeway-to-take...it-only-says-something-like....exit-8.5-miles-at-so-and-so-exit....so-I-end-up-on-the-wrong-highway...and-have-to-get-off-the-nearest-exit-and-reroute..

So-what-I-do-now-is-whenever-I-get-a-long-dest....I-turn-my-Garmin-on-and-put-the-address-in...Garmin-always-shows-me-what-lanes-I'm-supposed-to-be-in-when-there's-an-upcoming-change-in-highways...

Sookmonster

This-is-why-I-have-my-trusty-updated-Garmin-mounted-on-my-windshield...Uber's-nav-doesn't-recognize-a-wall...and-sends-me-to-the-wrong-side-of-a-wall...or-dead-end-street-where-the-pick-up-is-just-30-or-50-feet-on-the-other-side-of-the-wall-or-dead-end-street,,,My-Garmin-is-the-best..

Also...another-major-problem-with-the-Uber-nav-or-the-google-map-nave-is-when-I'm0n-the-freeway-and-3-or-4-freeways-are-coming-up...it-doesn't-tell-me-wheich-new-freeway-to-take...it-only-says-something-like....exit-8.5-miles-at-so-and-so-exit....so-I-end-up-on-the-wrong-highway...and-have-to-get-off-the-nearest-exit-and-reroute..

So-what-I-do-now-is-whenever-I-get-a-long-dest....I-turn-my-Garmin-on-and-put-the-address-in...Garmin-always-shows-me-what-lanes-I'm-supposed-to-be-in-when-there's-an-upcoming-change-in-highways...
RIP space bar

UberLaLa

Sir. I do not have four arms to be playing with my phone and driving.

One hand on the steering wheel the other one ready to offer pax water, gum, foot massage :p:p:p

'Offer?!' - you don't have their foot propped up on the center console already massaging the second one by end or trip???

:rolleyes:

pacman38 ,
With this free program here you can re-map your Keyboard and get your Spacebar back.

http://www.randyrants.com/2011/12/sharpkeys_35/

You are annoying Members here, so please download it, install it and post the Results.

Noooooo....I've just trained the brain to-skip-the-dashes :cool:

Nothing happens.
She says no.

You can select any of the top 3 navigation apps in your Uber app as default...App opens them upon tapping 'Navigation' and still retains Ubers on it's app.

If pax not standing out front I typically text: Uber out front. Thanks - That gets me another 20-30 minutes of driving time each night I drive.

Snowblind

UberLaLa , yes I did already change the Nav to Google.
And, I did call the Lady, who had no Idea that I was already waiting in front of the House.
Perhaps I'll text next time too, not a bad Idea.
Btw, the Trip got me $123,58 + $15,00 Tip.
No Surge.
Dead miles home were annoying, but I got great Music in my Car and cold sparkling water.
I got lucky with the Traffic, I left my House at 15:45 was back Home 18:00.

:smiles::smiles:

Noooooo....I've just trained the brain to-skip-the-dashes :cool:
And...isn't it totally annoying?
:eek:

UberLaLa

UberLaLa , yes I did already change the Nav to Google.
And, I did call the Lady, who had no Idea that I was already waiting in front of the House.
Perhaps I'll text next time too, not a bad Idea.
Btw, the Trip got me $123,58 + $15,00 Tip.
No Surge.
Dead miles home were annoying, but I got great Music in my Car and cold sparkling water.
I got lucky with the Traffic, I left my House at 15:45 was back Home 18:00.

:smiles::smiles:

And...isn't it totally annoying?
:eek:

I've found texting them as soon as I roll up (when they aren't standing out there) does a few things. SMS (text) works when Data isn't...gives both pax & driver a heads up that Ping is wrong, when it is, gets them moving 300% faster. Countless numbers have thanked me when they get in the car, saying Uber app still says I'm 2 minutes away...Freakin' Fuber. lol

Concerning Mr. -- Just speed read him and it works fine :wink: