uber navigation is very hard to figure out for me

louvit

I've always used Google maps. I have never seen uber navigation. Google or waze..

I use google also and never seen the uber one. Waze is confusing to me unless I don't use it right. It asks you which route you want to take...How the hell do I know? Also I used it when I was alone on I75 to get used to it and it told me to get off 75 an exit before mine...

louvit

I think uber just made their nav come up automatically. My only issue so far is that I cannot get it to speak....Google maps has been screwed up lately.

CTK

I think uber just made their nav come up automatically. My only issue so far is that I cannot get it to speak....Google maps has been screwed up lately.
They did and it sucks bad. However you can still use Google Maps or Waze, just go into your settings and choose your navigation provider. Uber navigation will still be there automatically on the Uber screen, but the others will open in their own screen so you can just ignore Uber navigation.

Cndragon

I use Waze mostly, though sometimes Ill switch over to Ubers nav to see the overall route... Even though I have in my settings to avoid complicated routes, it will still sometimes have me turn left off of a main road, then right, then expect me to turn left again onto another main road with no light, which can be a nightmare. Ubers nav always takes the most direct (even if largely inefficient) route, so I can at least see if Im better off staying on the main roads.

PrestonT

I only use Waze. Uber always directs you to take the shortest distance and least paying route, even if it is much longer time-wise. This is why they want you on Uber Nav, so they can manipulate your route to their advantage.

sillymako83

Tap the little compass rose on the uber nav and it will switch the direction your traveling in rather than the map always north. Makes it easier.

UberwithStuber

So many times, Fuber will make me go left a block, down 3 or 4 blocks, then go right to get back on the road where I was on! Why?
So I just scroll through the trip to see where I'm supposed to go, and make my own route.
This works for me in Tampa area, but if I were pinged to Sarasota...then I gotta rely o some for of navigation.

Cndragon

Actually, Ive seen that too UberwithStuber ...its rare but when it happens, it makes zero sense at all. I get it with Waze, that they are doing far to creative footwork for the fastest route, but when Ubernav gets creative, it makes zero sense.

Only thing Ubernav has going for it is it shows an overview of the entire route, so I can see it coming that theres a stupid move up ahead, with Waze, I can only see so far ahead and if I dont manually bring up an overview every so often, I dont realize where its taking me until its too late.

louvit

Can you get a voice on uber nav? It come up automatically, I switch to google, but i'd like to see the uber one, but there's no voice. Google has been bad lately

CTK

Can you get a voice on uber nav? It come up automatically, I switch to google, but i'd like to see the uber one, but there's no voice. Google has been bad lately
Google has been horrible lately, I don't know what's going on with it. In my opinion Uber navigation is still much worse.

I don't think Uber navigation has voice.

Taxi818

It's easy. Before you drive. Look at comple directions from the top of screen. By tapping it. The worst is trying to follow step by step. This way you know where you are going.