Uber movie

capable

I think it would be nice if any of these movie producers can do a movie or documentary about UBER and their drivers . And I wouldn't mind giving my opinion if I was asked to do an interview as regards my driving experience. I think it's something a lot of people would luv to see just like one of my rider said some days ago and he sounded like he used to drive for uber but didn't disclose

Driving and Driven

Don't lose that train of thought.

Are there any creative film makers or YouTube types out there which may want to make it a collaborative effort?

Aside from that, are there more drivers out there who would care to be interviewed?

capable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't lose that train of thought.

Are there any creative film makers or YouTube types out there which may want to make it a collaborative effort?

Aside from that, are there more drivers out there who would care to be interviewed?
Am sure there are , and I don't think they have anything to lose

SUberbanDriver

I think a documentary (or a documentary series) and/or an ongoing podcast would be fascinating. (If a movie is made, I'd like my character to be played by George Clooney.)

Driving and Driven

Apparently, concerning an actual non-documentary fiction movie about Uber, there is a Will Ferrel movie in the works where Will plays an Uber driver who picks up an escaped convict and hilarity ensues, theoretically.

PTCGUY

I'm coming up with a list of initial interview questions. I used to make podcasts and I dabble in amateur video production and I think producing a rideshare experience documentary is interesting.
I've been in a few low budget videos before. If you got some quarters you might even catch one of them down on Cheshire Bridge!

Last edited:

SUberbanDriver

I would go for an old fart like Clint Eastwood to play me. A little more realistic.
Those who make movies tend to ignore reality which is why I chose Clooney to play me. I'd also want my Suburban to have ejector seats in the back and be fuel efficient. (If Clooney isn't available, I'd pretty much be happy with anybody that has a full head of hair.)

UberHoax

In the movie... I would want to see a driver who is jail bound... so viewers can see quality of new driver when rates are so low and risks involved.

Would like to see actors waiting up 400 hoping for airport run, actors hanging in and around airport area.

Driving and Driven

In the movie... I would want to see a driver who is jail bound... so viewers can see quality of new driver when rates are so low and risks involved.

Would like to see actors waiting up 400 hoping for airport run, actors hanging in and around airport area.
Well, if I manage to get out a documentary, it should be factual...so there will probably be some of that in there. :eek::rolleyes:

Driving and Driven

I have to do a little planning and consideration but, if I think I can budget it both financially and time-wise, I'll will schedule some interviews in the next few months and shoot footage along the way.

I'm thinking that, at some point, I will host an interview day at a meeting room in a Dallas hotel where I can set up some lighting and cameras, snacks and bottled water (ya know, just like an Uber ride) and schedule people at half-hour intervals.

Others will have to be done via skype or other means online.

I will also set up an email address where people can submit suggestions and leads.

These things don't usually happen real fast, but I am seriously considering doing it. I just need to plan it and start making it happen.

PTCGUY

I have to do a little planning and consideration but, if I think I can budget it both financially and time-wise, I'll will schedule some interviews in the next few months and shoot footage along the way.

I'm thinking that, at some point, I will host an interview day at a meeting room in a Dallas hotel where I can set up some lighting and cameras, snacks and bottled water (ya know, just like an Uber ride) and schedule people at half-hour intervals.

Others will have to be done via skype or other means online.

I will also set up an email address where people can submit suggestions and leads.

These things don't usually happen real fast, but I am seriously considering doing it. I just need to plan it and start making it happen.
Maybe some interviews with riders describing the deterioration of driver quality and service quality as well.