Uber Motivation

SGUberGuy

Hi guys,

Been driving uber for sometime now, I'm sure we meet a lot of ass holes and some really nice passengers along the way.

Driving is tiring and physically very draining you have to be focus 100% of the time.
Losing focus might lead to accidents.

I'm here to share some nice encounters:

Pick up: West Mall
Destation: Tuas

It was 7.15am, after a hearty breakfast im ready to chiong for $35/he incentive.
Pick up this guy dressed casually from west mall going to work in Tuas. (I usually don't take notice unless it's a chio bu)
:smiles:

The passenger starting talking, telling me he used to drive to work but after Coe expire he stop driving to work.

I ask him how much was his usual fare to Tuas, he says it's about $18-$20.
He will tell me which turn to make and which lane to keep to.

We starting chatting a bit and I told him a matter of fact that Im not a big fan of driving to Tuas in the morning because I will have at least 10mins of downtime. I've only receive one ping in Tuas in the morning since I started driving for uber.

When he was about to alight, he took out his wallet, at this point I thought " payment by Card why he took out his wallet?"

He took out 4 x $2 notes and push it to me saying " hey bro, this is for you to get breakfast!" "Sorry you have to drive empty car out of this place"

-----------------------------------------

I was stunned and shocked, I insist there's no need. The fare is already $20. And he still wants to give me $8.
The amount is not a lot here but I'm touched by his kind gesture.
And I make sure he didn't put the money in the car.

That made my day! It's a small gesture but goes a long way.
:smiles:

---------------------------------------------

Facebook: Uber Motivation

Observingonly

Today I am driving as a super relief.

First trip no tips.

Second $2.50

Third one used credit card but paid $5 in cash for tips.

At home for coffee now.

Observingonly

Today I am driving Chrysler. Paying almost full rate of $133 because I didnt want to short change my friend. My target was $350 and then I will call it a day but have stopped at 3pm after 8 hours ($270+) because my old customer called me to drive his S350 for his father's birthday party. I am charging him $50/h.

SGUberGuy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today I am driving as a super relief.

First trip no tips.

Second $2.50

Third one used credit card but paid $5 in cash for tips.

At home for coffee now.
Wow you are one lucky man.

My friend drive for 1 year never got any tips
Lol

SGUberGuy

I accepted on other times.

That passenger also mention he has wedding and new BTO coming up this year.

NotAUberSucker

Today I am driving Chrysler. Paying almost full rate of $133 because I didnt want to short change my friend. My target was $350 and then I will call it a day but have stopped at 3pm after 8 hours ($270+) because my old customer called me to drive his S350 for his father's birthday party. I am charging him $50/h.
Waaaaaahhh, I thought pax usually run away from Chrysler because of it $5 flag down and $0.33 rate. Well done Bro. $50/hr is only kopi money to you. :biggrin: Chrysler rental rate is at $133 only?:rolleyes: Maybe next time I can also super relief Chrysler when I give up my taxi, will be interesting to see if I can trap/con Pax into taking it.:p Foresee I will be targeting mainly tourists. :wink:

Observingonly

You will be surprised that many locals take Chryslers. I like it because most people who take Chrysler are quality passengers. You seldom meet cheapos in your car.

The rental is cheap because most of them are at least 6 years old. And 6 years ago it was the highest of of the highest at $140.00. With the $1.00 discount a year it is now $133.00. but if you take from SMRT (if it is even available) it is higher (heard is $147.00).

The car weighs 2 tons and uses Mercedes S class chasis and engine. You and your passengers will feel as if being protected by a very strong cage and feel very safe even at high speed.

Unfortunately in at most 2 year's time you won't be able to see any of them around.

Last edited:

Observingonly

I round down too. Even if I don't get tip from this pax, the next pax's tips will more than compensate my 'loss'. I will round down even more if the pax is a foreign laborer or maid or the fare is very high like above $50

Observingonly

But what Bro Tanyantao said is true. I will usually round down only up to 20 cents. Like that day I drove, $7.30 (off peak time) by two AngMo ladies fro Orchard Tower to Hotel Jen Sommerset I told them $7.30 but they paid $10.00 and said no change.

SGUberGuy

Haha
But what Bro Tanyantao said is true. I will usually round down only up to 20 cents. Like that day I drove, $7.30 (off peak time) by two AngMo ladies fro Orchard Tower to Hotel Jen Sommerset I told them $7.30 but they paid $10.00 and said no change.
haha