Uber Monitoring Your Driving Behavior

REX HAVOC

Yes, it's starting to sound more like a job than an independent contract. I thought the lawsuit would have stopped this sort of behavior.

Neubridge1

Employer moves.... I smell a future lawsuit. Also,now just think of all the bogus crap they can falsify to deactivate you and blame it on data no one else sees but uber.

exuberdriver1515

Employer moves.... I smell a future lawsuit. Also,now just think of all the bogus crap they can falsify to deactivate you and blame it on data no one else sees but uber.
Remember, Google already tracks this info if you use Maps for your navigation. Uber tracks a lot of this data already, too.

The data they collect is extremely valuable both in terms of selling it to other companies and also for improving their own products.

Basically anytime you drive Uber, you're giving valuable data away. Tracking the braking and accelerating is just the next frontier of what they are already doing.

fm2t

I like that uber is tracking everything we do. I feel much safer when everyone knows every move I'm making. I just wish someday they can record where I take a pee break because I would like to share these valuable locations with all the other uber drivers.

Neubridge1

Remember, Google already tracks this info if you use Maps for your navigation. Uber tracks a lot of this data already, too.

The data they collect is extremely valuable both in terms of selling it to other companies and also for improving their own products.

Basically anytime you drive Uber, you're giving valuable data away. Tracking the braking and accelerating is just the next frontier of what they are already doing.
Yeah, but here's the big difference....I don't get,deactivated,critiqued or paid by google.....what info they collect is fine I'm using their free software,however for fuber to take this data and use it against me or compare what I'm doing versus other drivers,than also have the ability to not allow me to work based on it. ....are employer moves...just saying.

Yeah, but here's the big difference....I don't get,deactivated,critiqued or paid by google.....what info they collect is fine I'm using their free software,however for fuber to take this data and use it against me or compare what I'm doing versus other drivers,than also have the ability to not allow me to work based on it. ....are employer moves...just saying.
Hate to break it 2 u sport but that agreement u signed with uber allows them to listen in and record through ur cell phone while u are using the app.

Just One example where this would be helpful: If there's an issue between u and a passenger uber just pushes a button and listens to the conversation of your previous ride(s).

There's an eye in the sky, Careful what u say, write and how u drive.

Any or all can come back to haunt u @ anytime w/o warning

Neubridge1

Hate to break it 2 u sport but that agreement u signed with uber allows them to listen in and record through ur cell phone while u are using the app.

Just One example where this would be helpful: If there's an issue between u and a passenger uber just pushes a button and listens to the conversation of your previous ride(s).

There's an eye in the sky, Careful what u say, write and how u drive.

Any or all can come back to haunt u @ anytime w/o warning
Hate to break it to you...I can guarantee they can't monitor my mic or cam on my secondary device, nipped that in the bud a long time ago when read permissions....and having cams in car help with many issues.

Hate to break it to you...I can guarantee they can't monitor my mic or cam on my secondary device, nipped that in the bud a long time ago when read permissions....and having cams in car help with many issues.
LOL Junior, just cause u write it don't make it true. like it or not u r FULLY monitored. app even sniffs the air to make sure u showered
and changed your panties & bra.

Neubridge1

LOL Junior, just cause u write it don't make it true. like it or not u r FULLY monitored. app even sniffs the air to make sure u showered
Don't get it twisted, anytime you use anything electronic you run the risk.However,right now I'm talking about permissions on an app and anybody who know anything about smartphones and apps...knows how to manipulate them, especially on android.

ooooooooberdc

I just listened to the podcast. The speaker said that if you cancel a ride they can monitor you and that rider to see if you are taking them to the location you canceled the ride to.

ChortlingCrison

Don't get it twisted, anytime you use anything electronic you run the risk.However,right now I'm talking about permissions on an app and anybody who know anything about smartphones and apps...knows how to manipulate them, especially on android.
Now, now boys and girls, we all know Big Uber is watching.

Big uber is watching and likes what it see's
The world for the taken and it's ready to squeeze
spreading like wildfire, falling like rain
though they may promise, they only bring pain.

run26912

Now, now boys and girls, we all know Big Uber is watching.

Big uber is watching and likes what it see's
The world for the taken and it's ready to squeeze
spreading like wildfire, falling like rain
though they may promise, they only bring pain.
Good one pork chop!

BONG!!!