• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber mobile on Vacation

Disgusted Driver

So, ...I had to drive to Asheville for my day job. Set the destination filter and for a couple of rides along the way for an extra $30. Feeling pretty good when the third ping comes. Get a mile towards them and all if a sudden see a huge cloud of smoke behind me. Figured it was oil so I pulled over real quick and shut the engine off. Turned out it was transmission fluid, I blew a seal. Nothing that $1100 won't fix!

What do the drivers who think their only cost is gas do when this happens to them? This driver is getting a week or two off but I'll be back to drive but 5 or 6 select trips a week.
IMG_20190530_173409_01.jpg

ubercrashdummy

Sorry to hear about the breakdown.

There is nothing worse than breaking down on a long trip out of town. Doing my own repairs is the major way I keep my costs down. Hard to do if I am 100+ miles away from my garage and tools.

Hope you have good luck with the mechanic.

RaleighUber440

So, ...I had to drive to Asheville for my day job. Set the destination filter and for a couple of rides along the way for an extra $30. Feeling pretty good when the third ping comes. Get a mile towards them and all if a sudden see a huge cloud of smoke behind me. Figured it was oil so I pulled over real quick and shut the engine off. Turned out it was transmission fluid, I blew a seal. Nothing that $1100 won't fix!

What do the drivers who think their only cost is gas do when this happens to them? This driver is getting a week or two off but I'll be back to drive but 5 or 6 select trips a week. View attachment 325081
“Opportunities nearby, more transmission problems than usual.”

“You’re in a busy area, expect repairs soon.”

Rittz19007

What do the drivers who think their only cost is gas do when this happens to them? This driver is getting a week or two off but I'll be back to drive but 5 or 6 select trips a week. View attachment 325081
Man sorry to here that I feel your stress

Disgusted Driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man sorry to here that I feel your stress
Thanks dude, I am over it, driving around in my 2 seater, not looking at the app, living the weather. I'll enjoy the vacay for 2 weeks then get back into grind mode. I got some other stuff I'm working on and the 9 to 5 so I'm good. Just a cautionary tale to those who are not putting a few nuts away.