• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBER MIAMI ANNOUNCES: ULTIMATE LUXURY HAS ARRIVED IN SOUTH EAST FLORIDA

October 28, 2015
Posted by Billy

Today we are proud to LUX, our new premium offering: the best cars, driven by the highest rated driver-partners.

With LUX you can expect luxury vehicles such as an Audi A6, Cadillac CTS & XTS, Mercedes Benz E-Class or BMW 5-Series.

When you need more room, LUX SUVis here for up to 6 people to arrive in enviable style with vehicles like Cadillac Escalade, Infiniti QX56 and Chevrolet Suburban.

LUX and LUX SUV will replace uberSELECT in your Uber App when riding in South Florida starting today.

Ultimate Luxury has arrived in South Florida.

Below you’ll find a list of LUX and LUX SUV vehicles, driven by the best driver-partners with a 4.7 rating or above.

LUX
Audi
A6, A7, A8, Q5, Q7, S6, S7, S8
BMW5-Series, 6-Series, 7-Series, X5, X6
CadillacCTS, DTS, SRX, XTS, STS
InfinitiJX, M, Q70, QX60
JaguarXE, XF, XJ
Land RoverRange Rover, LR4
LexusES, GS, LS, GX, RX
LincolnMKC, MKZ, MKS, MKX, MKT
MaseratiGhibli, Quattroporte
Mercedes-BenzGL-Class, E-Class, S-Class, GLE-Class, M-Class, ML-Class, R-Class
PorscheMacan, Cayenne, Panamera
TeslaModel S, Model X

LUX SUV
Cadillac
Escalade, Escalade ESV
Chevrolet
Suburban, Tahoe
GMC
Yukon, Acadia Denali
Infiniti
QX56, QX80, QX
Lexus
LX
Lincoln
MKT, Navigator

ZZY

Lux equals Select minus drivers<4.7 minus a few car models.

Why were we basically suspended for a week without pay?

limepro

What needs to happen is those with luxsuv vehicles need to stay on that platform and lux need to stay off X. This will prevent fishing for high end cars on the lower platform, if the rider is only willing to accept those vehicles they will be forced to upgrade.

ZZY

luxsuv vehicles need to stay on that platform

They would starve if they didn't accept LUX as well. LUX SUV is going to be for groups of over 4 people. If they have more than 4 and requested LUX , tell them to cancel and request LUX SUV like they were supposed to. If they give you a problem, make sure you stay close by and wait the full 5 minutes and cancel them to get paid. If that happens you dare not accept their ping again. Since Uber announced driver ratings are above 4.7, it looks like we can't afford to slip below that mark.

This weekend is supposed to be a busy one. I'm predicting overall Lux business will be down at least 25% until snowbirds arrive. I used to ask a lot of passengers if they knew the difference between Select and UberX. Many didn't. I assume Uber got lots of complaints from the riders which forced the name change. They certainly don't listen to the drivers concerns.

limepro

luxsuv vehicles need to stay on that platform

They would starve if they didn't accept LUX as well. LUX SUV is going to be for groups of over 4 people. If they have more than 4 and requested LUX , tell them to cancel and request LUX SUV like they were supposed to. If they give you a problem, make sure you stay close by and wait the full 5 minutes and cancel them to get paid. If that happens you dare not accept their ping again. Since Uber announced driver ratings are above 4.7, it looks like we can't afford to slip below that mark.

This weekend is supposed to be a busy one. I'm predicting overall Lux business will be down at least 25% until snowbirds arrive. I used to ask a lot of passengers if they knew the difference between Select and UberX. Many didn't. I assume Uber got lots of complaints from the riders which forced the name change. They certainly don't listen to the drivers concerns.
I'm fine with luxsuv doing lux as it still prevents fishing of the lower platforms. If a party of 6 orders a lux vehicle and happens to get a luxsuv the driver can easily have the fare changed after the fact. Look at the waiting area east of MIA, there is a luxsuv there also accepting x calls, if he accepts them or not I don't know but it is stupid to be on there with your 60k+ vehicle.

ZZY

If a party of 6 orders a lux vehicle and happens to get a luxsuv the driver can easily have the fare changed after the fact.

Really? Uber will bill them double without their consent? Have you done this before?

limepro

If a party of 6 orders a lux vehicle and happens to get a luxsuv the driver can easily have the fare changed after the fact.

Really? Uber will bill them double without their consent? Have you done this before?
Yes with x, Thursday night is usually when I log into x/XL because the dumb college kids love to try and game the system in the grove. When I would drive my Passat I would have to cancel about half of rides because it was 5+ people. Now with an XL vehicle after the ride I choose the option to switch it to an XL fare if they had more than 4. Goes from .95/mile to 1.95/mile over double price.

If a party of 5 orders lux it should revert to luxsuv because they wanted the nicer vehicle but ultimately needed to larger vehicle and nicer vehicle.

ZZY

Was UberLux a flop in Palm Beach Friday night or was I just unlucky? I got shut out from 7:30 to 10:30PM and I was in good areas. I spent a lot of time looking at the Rider app. More Lux cars than there ever were Select cars and all over the place. UberX and XL were peppering the landscape. With that many showing all the time, looks to me like this was Hype Friday. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Remember 25% or more of your Select riders chose you by mistake.

DexNex

They consented the moment they tried to bring in more than four pax.

Cus@Co

Was UberLux a flop in Palm Beach Friday night or was I just unlucky? I got shut out from 7:30 to 10:30PM and I was in good areas. I spent a lot of time looking at the Rider app. More Lux cars than there ever were Select cars and all over the place. UberX and XL were peppering the landscape. With that many showing all the time, looks to me like this was Hype Friday. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Remember 25% or more of your Select riders chose you by mistake.
I got two rides from 5pm to 12am, luckily one of them was from Palm Beach to Miami.

Chris Dee

I concur, many times I've received requests for Select and found 5 or 6 people awaiting my arrival. I never refused because I could accommodate the group and Select paid more than XL. Now with LUX/SUV I am going to have to refuse. Hasn't happened yet but I wonder what I'll do...

ZZY

I concur, many times I've received requests for Select and found 5 or 6 people awaiting my arrival. I never refused because I could accommodate the group and Select paid more than XL. Now with LUX/SUV I am going to have to refuse. Hasn't happened yet but I wonder what I'll do...
In another thread it was said that you can take a Lux request with more then 4 pax and after the trip do a 'request fare adjustment' with Uber and they will charge them Lux SUV rates.

ZZY

I think it means you have to have a LUX SUV vehicle, not pack more than 4 in your Lux only car.

Kaptain

I'm pretty sure Chris is luxsuv as well.
I thought Chris drove a Bentley? Lux requests are few and far between. I spent over two and half hours this morning at PGA Blvd, and also a while in Abacoa without a single ping. Got one Lux from PBI which was decent. Then spent three hours in Jupiter without a ping. Went to PBI for three hours without a ping and was second in line when I got there.

At least for now Lux Sux!!! LOL

limepro

I thought Chris drove a Bentley? Lux requests are few and far between. I spent over two and half hours this morning at PGA Blvd, and also a while in Abacoa without a single ping. Got one Lux from PBI which was decent. Then spent three hours in Jupiter without a ping. Went to PBI for three hours without a ping and was second in line when I got there.

I'm XL, I did 5 hours last night 3 rides and netted $100. I'm in Miami though and one of those rides was a $78 fare to FTL.

Chris Dee

LoL, I had a '07 Flying Spur but traded it in for my GL... Can't tow with a hand made British car, insurance dropped $700 and I don't worry much about the GL either. The depreciation is tremendous on these cars here in south Florida, up north I could have received an easy 5K more on my trade in.

Last edited:

ZZY

What if you see 8 LUX vehicles around downtown on the Palm Beach Map Friday night at 9 pm?

I didn't know there were that many of us. I figured very few others had pax, so I went home. I drove slowly from Deerfield Beach N on Military Trail to Southern without a ping, from 8 to 9. I was very surprised to see a handful of cars in the burbs W of me. It looked like spread out residential (work at home?)

Kaptain

What if you see 8 LUX vehicles around downtown on the Palm Beach Map Friday night at 9 pm?

I didn't know there were that many of us. I figured very few others had pax, so I went home. I drove slowly from Deerfield Beach N on Military Trail to Southern without a ping, from 8 to 9. I was very surprised to see a handful of cars in the burbs W of me. It looked like spread out residential (work at home?)
I quit and went home at 8pm when I saw all the Lux and X vehicles. Tough making money when so many drivers are out.