UBER MERCEDES BENZ [email protected] EWR CELL LOT???

NoCommission

Do you mean Uber will have their own fleet soon?. If they done that will be great for the whole market because they will have to play with the same rules same cost and they will have to raise their price.

atthehop

How do you know they are owned by UBER, did they have UBER dress on them. UBER will never own vehicles, they are a technology company and IMO will never operate their own vehicles because having to know and follow laws in every state is a bear. I know because I was the DOT compliance manager for over 21 years for a worldwide corporation and responsible for the 50 US States. Most UBER X drivers in NJ have no idea they are operating an illegal business.

ubershiza

How do you know they are owned by UBER, did they have UBER dress on them. UBER will never own vehicles, they are a technology company and IMO will never operate their own vehicles because having to know and follow laws in every state is a bear. I know because I was the DOT compliance manager for over 21 years for a worldwide corporation and responsible for the 50 US States. Most UBER X drivers in NJ have no idea they are operating an illegal business.
Great company / sarc. I guess it costs corporate less to retain attorneys, pay fines and lobbyist then to be legal.

atthehop

Great company / sarc. I guess it costs corporate less to retain attorneys, pay fines and lobbyist then to be legal.
Yes it does, lawyers are on retainers not payroll so they only pay them when needed. Fines are so small compared to income they do not care. Its a cost of doing business. I wonder if UBER ever paid the fines for a drivers second offense for operating illegally? Lobbyist cost are tax deductible and is considered a business expense. Oh and by the way, the corporation I worked for was a 8 billion a year gross revenue and working at their HQ saw a lot.

ubershiza

Yes it does, lawyers are on retainers not payroll so they only pay them when needed. Fines are so small compared to income they do not care. Its a cost of doing business. I wonder if UBER ever paid the fines for a drivers second offense for operating illegally? Lobbyist cost are tax deductible and is considered a business expense. Oh and by the way, the corporation I worked for was a 8 billion a year gross revenue and working at their HQ saw a lot.
The level of corruption is unbelievable! From payed advertising to media portraying uber as americas personal answer to financial crisis. What a load of crp! There are plenty of drivers avoiding homelessness by living in their cars.

Last edited:

UberKilledMyMarriage

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dont underestimate Uber, we seem to forget that the city of Newark(Mayor) went from planning to Ban uber to signing a $10 million deal to operate..this is NJ..#moneytalks..

atthehop

Dont underestimate Uber, we seem to forget that the city of Newark(Mayor) went from planning to Ban uber to signing a $10 million deal to operate..this is NJ..#moneytalks..
Yes but not illegally, you still need to be a legal limo business but do not need a Newark business license. Newark cannot be above NJ law.

Alex12

I will advice all Uber/Lyft drivers to be ready when the dream will end. I drive rideshare for two years now and I know will end one day. I am ready for it. I just need this another 7-8 months and I hope it will work until then. I have plan B but what about the poor guys out there who borrowed money to buy that black Camry?!?!?!?!? They will have to comply with the new law or quit the job. WE ARE TO MANY DRIVERS ON THE STREETS!!! Simple as that. It will not work like that much longer. Even NYC is bad already. Rims or TLC cars in Nj. Be ready go any decision from the state. It will can and it should. this job NEEDS to be regulated

UberKilledMyMarriage

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will advice all Uber/Lyft drivers to be ready when the dream will end. I drive rideshare for two years now and I know will end one day. I am ready for it. I just need this another 7-8 months and I hope it will work until then. I have plan B but what about the poor guys out there who borrowed money to buy that black Camry?!?!?!?!? They will have to comply with the new law or quit the job. WE ARE TO MANY DRIVERS ON THE STREETS!!! Simple as that. It will not work like that much longer. Even NYC is bad already. Rims or TLC cars in Nj. Be ready go any decision from the state. It will can and it should. this job NEEDS to be regulated
You said it!.#BraceUrSelf

Chi Bones

You guys are such drama queens - a lot of drivers are doing just fine - it just isn't meant to be a full time job. It's like complaining that HR Block doesn't pay a living wage - it's a 3 month part time job, then you go to your real job.

The people driving for limo companies don't make enough to live - they are mostly retired guys. And the taxi drivers don't look like they are doing too well either.

Uber has a deal to buy 100,000 Mercedes for their driverless car project. I doubt this has anything to do with Uber with those big transit buses in the lot but who knows

atthehop

You guys are such drama queens - a lot of drivers are doing just fine - it just isn't meant to be a full time job. It's like complaining that HR Block doesn't pay a living wage - it's a 3 month part time job, then you go to your real job.

The people driving for limo companies don't make enough to live - they are mostly retired guys. And the taxi drivers don't look like they are doing too well either.

Uber has a deal to buy 100,000 Mercedes for their driverless car project. I doubt this has anything to do with Uber with those big transit buses in the lot but who knows
Has anyone really confirmed UBER purchased them or is it just someone starting a rumor.

chevelle454

Really doubt someone would float a 50 billion loan on top of the debt they already have. Maybe 1 k Mercedes no way 100k

atthehop

Really doubt someone would float a 50 billion loan on top of the debt they already have. Maybe 1 k Mercedes no way 100k
I agree, I have someone making an inquiry for me. Sounds like someone I work with went down to a dealer in VA and they had a banner touting that have sold over 2 million vehicles since they started many many years ago. Well this jerk was telling me and some of the other drivers (we do vehicle swaps for a large dealer group) they they sold 2 million vehicles
Vehicles a year. We told him that's impossible but he insisted.....well we googled it and showed him he was totally wrong. Well that shut up his fat a$$. I hate people who say things that are incorrect and then fight you when you prove them wrong.

tohunt4me

Uber Transit Bus Pool