Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

uber math

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  aparks330 
#1 ·
so as im reading over the threads i see much talk about the math behind driving with uber. and well, im curious to know how everyone calculates their earnings and such. of course everyone wants to profit, so what are some good ways you guys keep tabs of everything from gas to mileage and everything in between? (like walk me through your normal daily driving experience in regards to figuring out if you're coming out on top, etc) i mostly just want to see if what im doing is correct.

:cool:

#9 ·
#3 ·
so as im reading over the threads i see much talk about the math behind driving with uber. and well, im curious to know how everyone calculates their earnings and such. of course everyone wants to profit, so what are some good ways you guys keep tabs of everything from gas to mileage and everything in between? (like walk me through your normal daily driving experience in regards to figuring out if you're coming out on top, etc) i mostly just want to see if what im doing is correct.

The link above is a good link and sums up the TRUE bottom line of Uber driving. I give you credit for spending a little time to research the Uber scam before you jump in ass first, like %80 of them do!

#4 ·
okay so i read the article. here are my thoughts:

1. i feel like it is steers towards people who want to do rideshare full time (like instead of riding a taxi fulltime they want to do uber or lyft). i have a full time job and can live comfortably on my salary. i wanted to do uber because i just needed an extra 200 bucks in my wallet every week so i can pay off some debt.
  2. while i understand that the cost of paying for repairs and such down the road is daunting, again i refer back to doing rideshare full time. doing uber for a few months is gonna rack up some mileage on my car, sure, but i dont plan on making a living this way, so my car isn't going to be dying in three months
  3. my car has great gas mileage so its really not a big deal to fill up. i did uber for three days and only had to fill up my tank once
so as i think it is a good article and very informing, i just dont think it applies to me specifically. thoughts?

#5 ·
If you owe money on your car, or have any net worth, be sure that you understand the gap period. If you don't have commercial/hybrid insurance During "phase 1", you only have $100k liability CONTINGENT on personal insurance. You have no comp/coll. If your policy has a livery exclusion, the only way you can make a claim against them is to lie and hope there are no witnesses to claim you were in the area as an Uber driver. You will be advised to do this by numerous members on this forum. I've disagreed with them on multiple threads so won't rehash the debate here: But please understand, your insurance company has the means and motive to discover this info and reject your claim. Furthermore, if they pay a claim and later prove you lied, that is a serious charge.

Review your insurance policy, loan agreements, etc. and make an informed decision for your own situation.

#6 ·

That is the issue, everyone calculates differently and everyone thinks their way is correct. The truth is that the drivers who are successful doing this are not on any forum. Only negative assholes who can't hack it come on here, and me of course ;)

#11 ·
Wow a lot of negativity or bias here. My thoughts are if you want a small supplement to your income this is better than stocking shelves in a supermarket..if you want to work you turn it on. If not you don't.if you can make extra cash you stay if not you stop.. Pretty simple if you ask me. I'm semi retired so I'm giving it a try I have no interest in a 9 to 5 job or a boss ..I would imagine there are a lot more like me out here.

#18 ·
^^^^^I do not disagree. They might not use it for music paper, but they do not need it, or, they do not need that much of it.

For me, as I do it only enough to stay in the game, it is allright. I take the few bucks, put it into the bank and pay a bill, or two with it. This is one game in which I can afford to stay in hopes that it will get better. Unlike the average gambler, who stays in the game hoping that his luck will change, I do not lose my shirt doing this. I do not make big bucks, but I do come out a little ahead. I choose my rideshare driving times when it is slow for the cab. If I am not going to make any money hacking, but I still need or want a few bucks, it makes more sense to leave the cab parked and take out the UberXmobile, as I will do slightly better with it. As a rule, there is more money in the cab, but, there are the slow periods, such as now, when Kongriss is 0-W-T. After Labour Day, the UberXmobile will stay mostly parked. In August, or, the week between Christmas and New Year's (if I am in town, which ain't often), I do UberX more. Other times, I do it less.

#20 ·
i mean i literally said that i was using uber as a means for a small amount of extra money and still people are posting on here about the long term awfulness lol. as stated before, i have a full time job. i work overnight and committing to yet another part time job at another business at the grocery store or something will make me depressed beyond all hell because im so exhausted after my long shifts and screw having another boss and schedule. with this pay period ending and the total hours i was on the road, minus gas i made about 13 dollars an hour. that money is now going directly to a credit card i owe money on and ONWARD to the next week until this debt is cleared. this is how im doing it. again, thoughts are welcomed, but read what im saying first ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.