Uber math on acceptance rates

mixm5

I don't drive a whole lot and I've only had 2 rides this week.

1 ride accepted and I cancelled as no show.
1 ride accepted and completed.

Acceptance rate on my dashboard is 40%. Go figure.

UberLaLa

I'm on Hourly this week - less than 20 Trips last week with my day job keeping me busy.

Have Accepted EVERY Ping Uber sent my way. Received both a Text and Email this morning that I have not been "Accepting" some Trips. Which as most of you know, I need to maintain an 80% Acceptance Rate on Hourly, so this was disconcerting to say the least.

Went on my Uber Dashboard - I'm over 90% Acceptance Rate....go figure....

eman1122

I'm on Hourly this week - less than 20 Trips last week with my day job keeping me busy.

Have Accepted EVERY Ping Uber sent my way. Received both a Text and Email this morning that I have not been "Accepting" some Trips. Which as most of you know, I need to maintain an 80% Acceptance Rate on Hourly, so this was disconcerting to say the least.

Went on my Uber Dashboard - I'm over 90% Acceptance Rate....go figure....
Nice.

I think incentives are great for the full-time drivers who are close to the core. That's a great way for them to boost earnings.

Hourly guarantees I think are best for part-timers. I had the guarantee last week and I was able to do pretty well considering the amount of time I drove. And it felt great to know I didn't have to be in the core to have the rides qualify.

UberLaLa

Nice.

I think incentives are great for the full-time drivers who are close to the core. That's a great way for them to boost earnings.

Hourly guarantees I think are best for part-timers. I had the guarantee last week and I was able to do pretty well considering the amount of time I drove. And it felt great to know I didn't have to be in the core to have the rides qualify.
Pleeeeease help me KNOW that. I get so confused with what has to be where with the Incentives. I did Hourly a couple of months ago and KNEW it well, but Metals have got me all screwed up! lol

Anything you might be able to Copy & Paste (pretty please) that tells me Anywhere in L.A. County counts?

UberLaLa

Nice.

Their Email to me seems to say it HAS to be in the Core:

It's easier to earn your guaranteed gross fares now that core Los Angeles has grown to include the South Bay. Complete trips that start in the newly expanded Core LA area during the qualifying times below to earn $30/hour in gross fares plus an extra $150 after 30 qualifying trips.

eman1122

Sorry UberLaLa but it looks like you are trapped in the core if you're on the incentives below Platinum. I heard there's a really small incentive (1.2) for non-core rides for Silver, but I haven't seen it. I combed through that fine print and couldn't find their loophole.

eman1122

Their Email to me seems to say it HAS to be in the Core:

It's easier to earn your guaranteed gross fares now that core Los Angeles has grown to include the South Bay. Complete trips that start in the newly expanded Core LA area during the qualifying times below to earn $30/hour in gross fares plus an extra $150 after 30 qualifying trips.
Yeah that email is concrete. I think they are finally getting smart.

uber strike

this thread is irellevant. acceptance rating does not affect anything. we now have the right as true ic's to not accept a trip that might make you feel unsafe due to low rated pax or area of pick up. also due to long pick up's that will cause you to give rides at a loss. this is a part of the settlement.

eman1122

this thread is irellevant. acceptance rating does not affect anything. we now have the right as true ic's to not accept a trip that might make you feel unsafe due to low rated pax or area of pick up. also due to long pick up's that will cause you to give rides at a loss. this is a part of the settlement.
I'll assume that the judge has signed off on an updated settlement agreement. Last news on that was that the judge didn't approve it.

UberLaLa

Incorrect....to receive Hourly Incentive the driver must be above an 80% Acceptance Rate.

uber strike

Incorrect....to receive Hourly Incentive the driver must be above an 80% Acceptance Rate.
he did not mention hourly incentives at all. 5% of drivers do hourly incentives. the rest are on incentive boost which does not require acceptance ratings.