Uber Maps, Waze, or Google Maps?

Sabz2009

Just wondering what you guys recommend for GPS? I use Google because I like the LA Core highlight feature, but PAX always complain that I should use Waze.

Tedgey

Thank you!! I don't think I could've received a more helpful response. How could I ever thank you enough for offering me 5 minutes of your life searching for a photo and replying to my question... lol
How dare you be funnier and snarkier than a well-known member? You may end up actually being liked and get your question answered. What was it again?

Also, welcome to UberPeople.

aeiou_-

Just wondering what you guys recommend for GPS? I use Google because I like the LA Core highlight feature, but PAX always complain that I should use Waze.
Simply put, Waze keeps the pax happy. When I first started, I used to get lots of complaints daily. Ever since I switched over, I've had 2 people complain I wasn't using google maps.

aeiou_-

If pax are telling you what nav system to use, you're doing something wrong.
Not really what I was saying, but okay. Pax make all sorts of comments/requests on the daily. This is one less request to deal with because I've neutralized the source of the problem, brought on by pop culture and the preconceived notion that all uber drivers are out to gouge you. Problems with gps have been reduced to the occasional out of town, long distance driver who prefers google maps, typically male.

Things I hear from my pax:
"Why are you taking the freeway? Waze says.." 9/10 times.

"Why are you taking the street? Google says.." 1/10 times.

"So, how do you like uber?" 8/10 times.

Dingo

I tell pax if u sign a waiver for insurance based on left turns and liability ill use waze.......its gona raise liability risk and u cant sue waze........
Why turn left accross bev blvd rush hr 6 lanes no traffic lite...
So...depends time of day u work.
Save a minuite smash ur car.......
Course if its only u in car thats different.
Just saying....

CaptainJackLA

I use google, can't stand daze. When a pax starts to tell me how to drive, my attitude changes and I already know I'm giving them 1 or 2 stars. O did it tonight, she's telling me how she likes driving in the right lane on Fountain.

I know what the @@@@ I'm doing you primadonna.

mandreyka

Waze will make you look like a fool sometimes, one time 1 was taking a pax fairly far on the freeway and was just following the nav in my ear as I talked to her. There was some traffic and waze tells me to get off the freeway and she says "what are you doing it's still a long ways up" I stayed on and looked at waze and it was going to have me get off and right back on.

Too much BS and I can do without all the road hazard and police reported BS. MUCH happier with google maps