• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Mapping Vehicle, spotted in El Segundo

DocT

Didn't know Uber was doing their own street mapping, until I saw this in El Segundo.

Uber-mapping-car.jpg

Driver's side door just says "Uber." Passenger side door says, "Uber.com/Mapping." Top rack has cameras.

Well, no wonder my pick-ups are in back-alleys!

uberist

Didn't know Uber was doing their own street mapping, until I saw this in El Segundo.

View attachment 272730

Driver's side door just says "Uber." Passenger side door says, "Uber.com/Mapping." Top rack has cameras.

Well, no wonder my pick-ups are in back-alleys!
Bah, thats Antz patrol, they are scaning plates and trade dress the check to see if your online with tradedress up or not and deactivate you automatically, and if a lyft trade dress is in the window the perm ban you.

LA_Rides

No man Dara is mapping AKA stalking all of us to screw us over once again.

180 Days Of Scams !!

Last edited by a moderator:

UberLaLa

Saw an Apple car doing same a couple weeks ago in DTLA.

Each company plans on launching their own SDC and will need to have their unique proprietary Navigation for such.

Dice Man

I can't imagine they can do mapping for all the streets!
May be limited areas for a special purpose.

uberist

Maybe that car can pickup those riders on Dockweiler beach that are creating that eternal fake surge
Heh, went there two years ago and got nice surge rides around 11pm but after a few I didnt think it was worth cleaning the sand up everytime or the fear of the drunks losing vurned hotdogs inside my car