Uber makes offer to buy Postmates

MiamiUberGuy5

Uber has made a takeover offer to buy Postmates, the upstart delivery service, according to three people familiar with the matter, as the on-demand food delivery market consolidates and Uber looks for new ways to make money.

The two companies could reach a deal as early as Monday evening, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to do so publicly. The talks are still going on, the people cautioned, and any potential for a deal could fall apart.

Representatives of Uber and Postmates declined to comment on any potential deal talks.

tohunt4me

Uber has made a takeover offer to buy Postmates, the upstart delivery service, according to three people familiar with the matter, as the on-demand food delivery market consolidates and Uber looks for new ways to make money.

The two companies could reach a deal as early as Monday evening, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to do so publicly. The talks are still going on, the people cautioned, and any potential for a deal could fall apart.

Representatives of Uber and Postmates declined to comment on any potential deal talks.
Just DYING TO THROW MONEY AROUND !

WHAT ABOUT PAYING DRIVERS ????

HELLO . . . .!

MiamiUberGuy5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
am i the only one who thinks Uber messed up and are buying the wrong company? i see way more doordash drivers than either grubhub or postmates in my area. and theres even a smaller competitor called "Delivery dudes" here in miami that seem bigger than postmates. I'm curious what other drivers see in their areas when theyre waiting in line for food with fellow delivery drivers for example.

uber seems desperate to pump up Uber Eats. i dont really understand why but we shall see.

tohunt4me

am i the only one who thinks Uber messed up and are buying the wrong company? i see way more doordash drivers than either grubhub or postmates in my area. I'm curious what other drivers see in their areas when theyre waiting in line for food with fellow delivery drivers for example.

uber seems desperate to pump up Uber Eats. i dont really understand why but we shall see.
They are Looking to " PUMP UP" SHAREHOLDERS !

FOR THE NEXT QUARTER !

BogusServiceAnimal

That would explain Uber’s interest in purchasing the Postmates business model — Uber is ecstatic to imagine there are more successful models already in place to screw drivers over
They'll just filter Postmates orders onto UE platform and fook all of the drivers there. Postmates customers gravitate to it because they are nontippers and nobody accepts their offers on other platforms.

Seamus

It's hard to find a worse, lower paying gig than UE. PM has met the challenge! A loser buying a bigger loser! I tried to do a PM offer once to see what they were like. I took a garbage offer for Wendys. When I got the food they wouldn't accept the PM card, the manager said the Franchisee had gotten stiffed too many times by PM. It's pretty bad when Wendys decides it's too risky to give a $5 Biggie Bag on your card.

Last edited:

goneubering

am i the only one who thinks Uber messed up and are buying the wrong company? i see way more doordash drivers than either grubhub or postmates in my area. and theres even a smaller competitor called "Delivery dudes" here in miami that seem bigger than postmates. I'm curious what other drivers see in their areas when theyre waiting in line for food with fellow delivery drivers for example.

They still seem hooked on trying to gain dominant market share.

circuitsports

Loretta Lynch is already writing up letters informing all of the white post-mates drivers that use of the black payment card is racist and they will have to pay reparations with negative income. Or will they rehire Bozo after she trashed the company, trashed endeavor and is set to end Netflix now that they referred to her as a token.