Uber lying about the actual distance

New guy65

Yesterday I picked up an order for a distance of 2.9 miles. They love throwing me a new order when I’m almost to the drop off location. I saw what looked decent so I accept it. It took 2.6 miles from my last dropped off location to the restaurant. When I got there, when I swipe the delivery button. Uber map showed me 1.9 miles to the destination. Instead of total mileage of 2.9 mi. It’s now 4.8 miles. Oh no it didn’t end there. Followed Uber gps, took me to the wrong turn. Had to turn back around and go for another .8 mile to finally reach the destination. So now we’re at 5.6 miles. Once in a while they like to do that to me. Most of the time, I can see it on the map and go, yeah that’s not the actual miles that you estimated Uber and hit that decline button.
I’m in Chicago it’s been going on for days. I stop requests when on trips but a lot of trips are only showing distance from pickup to drop off while it may be 25 minutes to the pickup. The have some systems issue. A couple are attached with Google maps to the actual pickup to show how bad they are

As far as requests not showing tips it was that way on probably 80% of requests for a few days when at least 95% tip here. I’ll just say the whole city didn’t stop tipping overnight
7F1AE908-3B19-4D44-9BFE-271FF188AB6C.png
E9B8D9BB-19BC-41CB-B094-A4B071DBB2D0.png
F6CCF861-0342-487B-8509-E5D771B0DCF6.png
9D301BE4-302A-405A-A262-997520898CF3.png

Alltel77

The app is going bonkers this has been happening most of this week. I've ordered DD twice this week and it keeps removing my apartment number and shows the driver miles away upon delivery. I don't think it's a uber only issue. This appears to only happen at night in my area. My Stride app has been way off too.

ColonyMark

Has anyone ever contacted an attorney about Uber’s BS? Are they doing anything illegal or are they sneaking through loopholes

RavenK

I just noticed this tonight. I received a $7 request and it said 6mi. After accepting the navigation said 8mi to pickup. No telling how much farther the customer would be. I cancelled. The mileage on my next order was accurate. I think Uber does this once and a while to see how many they can sneak through. I take pictures of everything. Pings, and navigation. That way you can tell if they are trying to cheat you

It’s obvious they cheat us all, but what do you do with the screenshots you take

In order to avoid it, don’t fall for it, unless the fare is decent.

New guy65

It’s obvious they cheat us all, but what do you do with the screenshots you take

In order to avoid it, don’t fall for it, unless the fare is decent.
I disagree on getting cheated sure someone of the requests outright suck. However we can accept or decline anything we want for any reason we want If you feel it doesn’t pay enough just decline it and you aren’t being cheated. If you accept it but you do t think it pays enough you still aren’t cheated, you didn’t get paid what you wanted but it was still your choice. I cancelled a trip tonight that paid around $15’for 20 minutes because drivers were double parked all over the street. Where I was for that restaurant the wait could be 20 minutes. As a driver we have control over a lot of stuff especially if you are in a busy market at a busy time. I understand it may be totally different in a slow market at a slow time. But at the end of the day you need to know what the flows for business is in your city at certain times of say and do all you can to maximize what you make

khantot

I drive in a city in Southern California and we start to get busy around 5:30 pm, all the way till 9 pm. I'm pretty selective in what I take. My rule is, the fare has to be at least double than the total travel miles or I don't take it. There's one neighborhood that I frequent on weekends and I could do 6 trips and earn at least a good $150 (tips included), with a total travel distance of 25 miles. Sweet.

GS-F_Beast

Uber app and gps is F this week for me. Seems to be getting worst. Yesterday they had me going the opposite direction from the customer house. Double checked with Apple map and contacted the customer for confirmation. They are still trying to throw me an odd ball distance orders every few orders. I have no choice but to not trust their estimation anymore. Turned off incoming ping when I remembered to.

nightshaadow

Yesterday I picked up an order for a distance of 2.9 miles. They love throwing me a new order when I’m almost to the drop off location. I saw what looked decent so I accept it. It took 2.6 miles from my last dropped off location to the restaurant. When I got there, when I swipe the delivery button. Uber map showed me 1.9 miles to the destination. Instead of total mileage of 2.9 mi. It’s now 4.8 miles. Oh no it didn’t end there. Followed Uber gps, took me to the wrong turn. Had to turn back around and go for another .8 mile to finally reach the destination. So now we’re at 5.6 miles. Once in a while they like to do that to me. Most of the time, I can see it on the map and go, yeah that’s not the actual miles that you estimated Uber and hit that decline button.
I use Uber navigation and if I type in the customer's address on Google maps, Google will always show the distance and time is more than Uber navigation. Which means that Uber is short changing the amount we should get paid on every trip and ripping us off. Uber math = stealing from drivers

Bull123

Nothing new. It's Collusion with google maps as well.

This is also why you keep track of ALL miles driven for Tax purposes.
Perfect example here - I just received this ping - please notice the mileage and the estimated minutes - from my location in Powell to the final drop off point in Westerville it is easily 12 miles if not more...I get these all the time. How can they say 2.9 miles for this? Probably the distance from restaurant to customer but why does it sometimes give total mileage and other times only the delivery mileage? No rhyme or reason to it.

Attachments

• 2F36C518-44CC-4F2A-BFFA-45294C8FE8DC.png
    2F36C518-44CC-4F2A-BFFA-45294C8FE8DC.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 31

kiltedcameraman

The wrong distance is happening on about 1 in 3 pings for me. If I realize it is off, I don't accept. if I don't realize it then I cancel.