Uber/Lyft Work Stoppage...

OrlUberOffDriver

Needs to go nationwide.
3337C8D3-B838-4165-841A-477A658730BD.jpeg

Ballermaris

I'll be driving, don't give a hoot about striking, never have and never will. Only ones being hut are the drivers striking. Gotta think about that people.

Reactions: CTK

JustTreatMeFair

Strike 1 day and then go back to accepting the low rates they pay?

Are there any available historical examples of a 1 day strike that resulted in a positive outcome for the strikers?

jenijazz

Are there any available historical examples of a 1 day strike that resulted in a positive outcome for the strikers?
Think of it as a protest rather than a strike. It will disrupt riders' schedules but more importantly, the media will be all over it. Worst that could happen is that we might get better tips on May 9th.

OrlUberOffDriver

I'll be driving, don't give a hoot about striking, never have and never will. Only ones being hut are the drivers striking. Gotta think about that people.
Don’t give a @@@@ !? Right, but you do give a @@@@ to come on here waste your time and spew your crap.
It is people like you that U/L prays on, people that will bend over and say, yes master...I like it, please insert deeper!!!
Post automatically merged:

Why does it need to have a precedent?!
We can make this the precedent. We have the media attention. The ball is rolling!
Uber/Lyft are NOTHING without us drivers, they are just too arrogant to think they have all the power.
Just one day(24 hours) with no cars available on both platforms would be a game changer for both drivers and U/L.

Last edited:

JustTreatMeFair

Why does it need to have a precedent?!
We can make this the precedent. We have the media attention. The ball is rolling!
Uber/Lyft are NOTHING without us drivers, they are just too arrogant to think they have all the power.
Just one day(24 hours) with no cars available on both platforms would be a game changer for both drivers and U/L.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I think it is simply going to have no effect as you are not prepared to withhold services until you get results.

I just think that for a strike to work you have to be willing to suffer as you endure it yourself. You need to be willing to block que areas, get arrested, disrupt traffic, get between scabs and the paxholes.

These areas are fairly well saturated with drivers right? What do you think you can get? 5-10%? Other than some token media coverage do you really think you can disrupt more than a similar percentage adding a minute or two to their wait?

IS everyone ready to accept the repercussions? Your striking against 2 of the most unethical back stabbing companies in existence that will easily identify through the app installations those that participate. I would place a lot more money on deactivations for strikers than on anything positive coming from it.

Although I would never join a union I respect those that do and are willing to take a stand and stay their ground until they get results. I'll never take a strikers job or cross a picket line.