• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber/Lyft "Strike" Today

Dutchman

Well, it has been the talk of the town in the past few days........the supposed "strike" by Uber/Lyft drivers. Did anyone partake in the strike or did you drive anyway with the expectation of higher demand (because of other drivers not working)? I have not done any Uber driving in the past two weeks, mostly because I have been too busy with my full-time job and was out of the country for a week on vacation. Also, with fuel prices rising, this Uber stuff is not really even lucrative anymore; even for a part-time gig.

I don't even know if this strike was applicable to Richmond drivers - but I was working in NoVa this morning at my day job and heard them talking about it on the local DC radio station. Apparently, Chicago, DC, Atlanta and several other major metro areas were supposed to be part of the strike.

Any comments?

Dutchman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I figured that the "strike" would have little effect here. Most drivers probably figured it would be a good day to make some money while "everyone else" was not working.