Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I'm socially awkward so I'll be there but you'll never know I'm there

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • DID SOMEONE SAY WINGS?

Votes: 3 12.0%

Uber/Lyft Stock Cratering Deplorables Meetup

9K views 225 replies 22 participants last post by  3.75 
#1 ·
It's time for a Deplorables Meetup to celebrate the plummeting Uber/Lyft stock going down like a Kardashian in a locker room, as well as the return of a prehistoric member.

If we're lucky @240BIGWINO will demonstrate the proper way to call riders.

@Desertrose will definitely be there.

Tuesday May 21st 5:30 until they kick us out.

Samuel Beckett's in Shirlington.

2800 S Randolph St #110, Arlington, VA 22206

Parking garage behind it and another one by (the official Shirlington Shuffle spot) Harris Teeter.

Post here if you're going to show.

Media members, if you want a chance to interview real Uber/Lyft drivers to get the true story feel free to come.

#2 ·
I've never been one to strike a meetup.

If Desertrose is showing up, I'll be there a few minutes earlier than last time.

I'll see if I can hit up BigWino about another possible Harris Teeter adventure. Outside chill sessions, shuffles, 2 legends one of the human kickout kind and one of the dinosaur thing...err..dinosaur, deleter of threads spin around on dupont...well I'll figure it out when I get there.

#6 ·
Do you try to outdrink the Raccoonosaur while he is wearing a mask, or does he take off the mask? It could be either mask, the dinosaur mask or the raccoon mask.
That is a very important question that may only be answered at Tuesday's Stock Cratering Celebration.

We already have one voted in challenger for the Dinosaur. Must be @3.75

#39 ·
Love you brother
Love you brother ?
Are you ok?

I learned after the fact that wearing a mask in public is a Class-Four Felony in the Commonwealth of Virginia!!
Virginia is a totalitarian state. Nuff said

Man, see like I always gotta be someplace else when you guys do these meetings, you know?

I gotta be in SF that day.
Man see like these are just excuses you know?

This post has been deleted
#49 · (Edited)
#32 ·
That makes sense. Just shoot into DC then DF minutes away to Shirlington when time is close.

Oh yeah Hagerstown is up there. Last time I was up there I remember seeing a whole lot of trees and then stopped by some truck shop there with a truck doing my old job. It's definitely a slower thing up there.

#44 ·
What about if the place is hot and stuffy, but the pings are non stop? I think that's worth staying for.

Besides it says the weather will be 78 degrees on Tuesday with not much rain. That means everyone is going to be regularly outside shuffling or not shuffling any way. If the sun stays out good enough I'm only going to be inside for wings/guinness and a few talks when I can.

#50 ·
Ok how about this, everyone wants to go if Desertrose shows up
It was 3 people that voted in so far, so that's not really everybody. Just me, Tahoe Al and ummm...whoever the 3rd guy. Probably @Bullet Bob or something. Shoutouts to him.

Oh and only one person voted for wings. I assume it's the only one moderator worthy of voting for wings.

but I'll stay if the pings are bad and the temperature inside is bad if she vouches for 10 shuffles.
Mannn...why you worried about this? You know how the meetups work.

We go to the meetup on Tuesday, another hacker hacks both Uber and Lyft instead of just Uber like last time and then we have to just be regular citizens instead of shuffling Deplorables. Anything can happen man.

Shoot I take a while to get 10 shuffles if I don't start before 5:30. If we going to be outside with drinking competitions it's going to be a while for Desertrose to get 10 shuffles. If you going to wait for 10 Desertrose shuffles if the pings and temperature are bad then you would have waited regardless.

You just need to unwind man. Get there early on some Jayjay shit, get a couple beers in, get a Snickers, wind down and then the meetup happens.

This post has been deleted
#64 ·
Gardez pouvez-vous autres percevoir
De la lumière prête de l'aurore

I have no idea if anyone ever has translated the U.S. National Anthem into French. I suppose that it would not be translated in to patois cajun, although it would be appropriate, since Cajuns are American. I could try to translate it into Québecois country French, as they speak a form of that in far northern Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. The Down-Easters call it "Valley French". For some reason, the students at the University of Maine's Fort Kent campus used to pick it up while they were there. I do not know if they still do.

#65 ·
[QUOTE = "Another Uber Driver, post: 5007316, member: 15973"]
Keep can you perceive others
From the light of dawn

I have no idea if anyone ever translated from US National Anthem into French. I guess That It Would not be translated in to patois Cajun , ALTHOUGH it Would Be Appropriate, since Cajuns are American. I could try it in Quebecois country French, as they speak in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. The Down-Easters call it "Valley French". For some reason, the students at the University of Maine's Fort Kent campus used to pick it up while they were there. I do not know if they still do.
[/ QUOTE]
French? Buddy I'm from WV we can barely sing it in English

#66 ·
[QUOTE = "Another Uber Driver, post: 5007316, member: 15973"]
Keep can you perceive others
From the light of dawn

[/ QUOTE]

French? Buddy I'm from WV we can barely sing it in English
Your translator program [performs a vacuum-creating action].

Of course, as I wrote that in my Cajun/Québecois mélange, I really do not expect too much from a computer's trying to translate it.

#68 ·
There is a French version of the Canadian Anthem. It is not in patois. Everything official in French up there is in français métropolitain. The French schools up there conduct lessons in français métropolitain, as well.

The CODIFIL schools in Louisiana are in français métropolitain, as well, although once you get to the junior high school level in many of them, you can study the Cajun dialect. The body of literature in that dialect is very small. There is plenty of music in that dialect, but not much literature. The other thing about it is that it can vary noticeably by parish and even in different towns within the same parish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.