1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber/Lyft signage

Discussion in 'Advice' started by BigRedDriver, Dec 8, 2018 at 9:46 AM.

1. So after driving Uber several months I just signed up for Lyft and got approved after less than two hours. Amazing that a background check can be done in that short of time.

Anyway, I’ve been using small door magnets with the Uber logo, and now with Lyft, can you display both logos at the same time? Or do I need to change them out depending on the service I’m using at that time?

Thanks.

2. Use only the trade dress they gave you. Place them where they told you to.

No rule or law against displaying both at the same time. It's your car. You can display whatever you please.

3. disp350

disp350

Better yet, don't use them at all, unless you're in an area where they check and can fine you, like the airports. I don't provide free advertising to anyone and the pax see what color and make vehicle you're driving. If they can't figure that out, too bad. Last car I bought, I made them remove the dealers name plate unless they were going to give me an advertising fee.

4. I get that, but I’ve had a lot of riders thank me for the signs, made it easier for them, and never hurts to keep the service in peoples heads as well.

But I’ve also seen Uber/lyft signs on cars that made me cringe thinking people actually drive them!

5. jgiun1

jgiun1

I placed the small Uber sticker in my rear window (it does help with the police at night which I only do) then I have a laminated Lyft sticker in console and throw it up in the windshield for airport.....as I'm driving away from airport I remove it.

I honestly think that uber sticker on rear saved me from two tickets for speeding. One time I acted like I was picking up someone when getting tailed, he went around me and left me alone.....lol

BigRedDriver likes this.
  6. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX
    For about a year I did not use any signs. Then I started using in the lower right windshield and pax definitely have a much easier time finding me. Leads to quicker smoother pick ups.

BigRedDriver likes this.
  7. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I use trade dress when I drive, because it helps my riders identify the car. Usually it's no big deal, but when it's crowded after an event, it seems to help.

BigRedDriver likes this.