Uber & Lyft response to Coronavirus

Driver Firoz

Are uber and Lyft doing everything they can for their drivers during the coronavirus? What other solutions will they or should they roll out in the coming days?

I want to get your opinions/solutions on how the companies should handle their response to this virus. All I know is they are compensating sick drivers in some cities.

ANT 7

These companies will put out PR releases saying certain things will happen, which will either never occur across the driver force, or have so many caveats in place for them to get out of doing anything, that we'll never see any of it.

For example, Uber is going to get us cleaning kits, etc, yet closed all the greenlight hubs.

You can pass that back to Dara from me. :roflmao:

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Are uber and Lyft doing everything they can for their drivers during the coronavirus? What other solutions will they or should they roll out in the coming days?

I want to get your opinions/solutions on how the companies should handle their response to this virus. All I know is they are compensating sick drivers in some cities.
Uber is VIRTUE SIGNALLING

YET DOING NOTHING !
Screenshot_2020-03-21-19-44-44.png

Attachments

Stephls88

Not everything they can but I was tested for corona virus this morning. I’ve been symptomatic for 3 days and I had documentation that I had to upload after they sent me a link. They immediately put my account on hold for 2 weeks. The compensation is your average daily total of the last 6 months multiplied by 14.

tohunt4me

Not everything they can but I was tested for corona virus this morning. I’ve been symptomatic for 3 days and I had documentation that I had to upload after they sent me a link. They immediately put my account on hold for 2 weeks. The compensation is your average daily total of the last 6 months multiplied by 14.
Well that at Least may keep SOME drivers from Driving while Infected !

( please let us know what kind of medical doccumentation you will need to get reactivated. Best wishes for you.)

BadYota

That kinda sucks because I only drive on weekends. So if you don’t drive everyday, but make $200 a day on fri-sun, it’s not gonna be as much

Stephls88

( please let us know what kind of medical doccumentation you will need to get reactivated. Best wishes for you.)
Will definitely let everyone know!
Post automatically merged:

That kinda sucks because I only drive on weekends. So if you don’t drive everyday, but make $200 a day on fri-sun, it’s not gonna be as much
Yeah, I just moved to Florida from Baltimore 2 weeks ago. I only drove for 2 hours week day mornings. When I did the math it only worked out to average $20 per day. Even though I made anywhere $200-$400 in those 10 hours. And I lived in a very corporate area so it was slow weekends and holidays or when school was cancelled due to snow. So a lot of times I didn’t drive. I think I’m only getting like $250

Driver Firoz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

What do you guys honestly want to see Uber & Lyft do in these times? What's going to work for us? I think they give us a staple income like the government until the shutdown is gone

TheDevilisaParttimer

These companies will put out PR releases saying certain things will happen, which will either never occur across the driver force, or have so many caveats in place for them to get out of doing anything, that we'll never see any of it.

For example, Uber is going to get us cleaning kits, etc, yet closed all the greenlight hubs.

You can pass that back to Dara from me. :roflmao:
Dara already knows, believe me there probably was at least one uber driver at the press conference, who got pissed as soon as he said it.

giphy (11).gif

Stephls88

That was my understanding from who I talked to. As soon as I receive the money or get more confirmation I’ll let everyone know

tohunt4me

What do you guys honestly want to see Uber & Lyft do in these times? What's going to work for us? I think they give us a staple income like the government until the shutdown is gone
I HONESTLY WANT TO SEE UBER SURVIVE THESE TIMES !

THEY WILL BE NEEDED MORE THAN EVER , ONCE WE TRY TO RESTOTE " NORMAL".

I would like to see them diversify.
More deliveries.
More shopping services.
During this time of Mass Quarrantine.

They can do it.
They can produce enough income to keep the core running until better times.
There is a need to fill

Even now.

Ballard_Driver

I got paid out too, and the payout seems to be about spot on for what I would make in a statistically average week. So if you drive a lot, you'll get a lot of money, if you drive a little you'll get a little. There's really no fairer way they could do it...

Now for drivers who aren't sick, and especially if this drags on for a long time... This isn't going to be enough. I dunno about elsewhere, but where I am they are trying to get a certain disaster designation or whatever that will open up some funds to give disaster relief pay to people INCLUDING CONTRACT WORKERS. I hope that shit happens!

flattenmycurve

Dara K said on conference call this week that they have 10 billion with 2 more billion in credit that they can blow this year & still have 4 billion left over

He could take 5 billion give every driver $5 for every ride they've ever given to pay back the minimum $5 every ride they've stolen in the form of illegal wages, stop all threats for cancelling/ignoring rides, offer drivers 90% of fares, ignore all bad ratings till this pandemic is over, start showing details per California & our rights, forfeit 49 million of his & the CFOs salary, apologize to labor and turn the entire ponzi scam around in 24 hours

Drivers will end all bad mouthing, negativity, help communities get to where they need by providing 5 star service while accepting almost all trips & not cancelling as they'll be earning a legal wage & become a hero instead of a villian

Imagine the publicity & good pr

Would take 1 letter & 20 minutes to turn this Ponzi scam around but he won't though hell blow the 6 billion as demand continues to drop & do nothing but continue to lie

Khosrowshahi said the company modeled “an extreme edge case” in which trip volume plummeted 80 percent. Even in that dire circumstance, Uber would still end the year with $4 billion in unrestricted cash, plus $2 billion in revolving credit.

Although Uber has never had a profitable quarter, the company claims it has “ample liquidity” that should allow it to weather the crisis. Khosrowshahi said the company has $10 billion in “unrestricted cash” on hand as of the end of February, as well as $1.5 billion for mergers and acquisitions through the end of the year

He wouldnt have to spend a dime on marketing drivers would spread the news to everyone they knew & tv would run feel good stories 24/7, the government would start to back off & wouldnt need to worry about the millions of drivers filing for unemployment or bailing them out, no one would be calling or bothering support anymore lol

It's basically the couch cushions money Travis k cashed out in stocks the last few months oh well

Unfortunately it's a Ponzi scam & it'll never happen they'd rather burn it in a fire

11joker.jpg

Uber is doing 70 percent fewer trips in cities hit hard by coronavirus

Last edited:

goobered

He could take 5 billion give every driver $5 for every ride they've ever given to pay back the minimum $5 every ride they've stolen in the form of illegal wages, stop all threats for cancelling/ignoring rides, offer drivers 90% of fares, ignore all bad ratings till this pandemic is over, start showing details per California & our rights, forfeit 49 million of his & the CFOs salary, apologize to labor and turn the entire ponzi scam around in 24 hours
Yes this is what should happen in a just world.

RodB

That is good that it looks like you are going to be taken care of.
Here in Ohio they are only testing people that require hospitalization so I guess we have to drive until we need a ventilator...🥴