Uber, Lyft drivers will soon have higher DUI standard than other motorists

Elmo Burrito

What are they gonna do bout weed and how will they do an on sight sobriety or breathalyzer test for that that will stand up in a court o law? Or are they gonna ignore that "elephant in the room"
Huh?

Fishchris

I don't see a problem having a beer, and I mean a SINGLE beer with lunch, if the lunch is at least an hour long.

Maybe MADD should change their name to MAID. Mother's Against Intoxicated Driving. Now that MJ is legal in CA, and so many other states. Not to mention all the drivers on benzos, anti-depressants, and other legal mind altering substances. Yeah, yeah, I realize THC and CBD are probably safer vs. alcohol when it comes to reflex time, but sometimes driving too slow is a big problem too and causes accidents.
Yes, sometimes driving too slow causes accidents, but then sometimes driving slow prevents accidents, and so one, totally negates the other. Generally speaking, THC does NOT make for a more dangerous driver, and this whole "Drive high, get a DUI" thing is absolutely effing rediculous !!!

Dinoberra

Getting high or after even having 1 drinks effects ones cognitive responses, if you have zero slow down you're rare. The test of response times show that people are impaired slightly, and when you add in things like; music, conversation, cell phone activity and the likes it makes the situation even worse.

1.5xorbust

When I’m driving U/L I want to have 100% of my wits about me and not 90% or less that a .04 BAC might cause. It might make the difference between being in an accident and avoiding one.

Last edited:

BigBadDriver

I'm New York State, if you have a commercial driver's license, it's. 04 even if you're driving your personal vehicle in a non-commercial setting.

rtaatl

Welcome to commercial driving. With a CDL I can't do no more than a .04 even in my personal vehicle and off duty.

UberBastid

What are they gonna do bout weed and how will they do an on sight sobriety or breathalyzer test for that that will stand up in a court o law? Or are they gonna ignore that "elephant in the room"
Huh?
It is being worked on, believe it.
The most promising prototype has to do with licking a test strip.
I imagine that whatever THC that's on your tongue can be washed away with four or five shots of Patron Silver Tequila - but then, THAT brings up a whole 'nuther problem.
Just, no solution.

Karen Stein

I note that I can buy a breathalyzer that plugs into my smart phone and create a log.

Having recently faced a specious "driving impaired" complaint, maybe I should be proactive. Test myself at the start and end of each shift, documenting that I' m not drunk. Period. Produce log as needed.

That bogus complaint cost me three days driving while they "investigated" - an I'm still waiting for my fuel card to be reactivated.

corniilius

I note that I can buy a breathalyzer that plugs into my smart phone and create a log.

Having recently faced a specious "driving impaired" complaint, maybe I should be proactive. Test myself at the start and end of each shift, documenting that I' m not drunk. Period. Produce log as needed.

That bogus complaint cost me three days driving while they "investigated" - an I'm still waiting for my fuel card to be reactivated.

Pay off the fuel card and be done with it. Just buy pump passes instead. Less expensive and less people touching your money.

tohunt4me

I KNEW Kermit was drinking more than tea !
( but thats none of my business . . .)
Recently come to light is Kermits association as a High Level pivotal member of the NOTORIOUS " SESAMIE STREET GANG "!

Shown here recently uncovered mugshots of the Sesamie street gangs members in a previous arrest.

Arrested for hijacking cookie trucks from the Keebler Elves Hollow tree plant.

Also suspected in the hijacking of several tea trucks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-16-18-21-23.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-16-18-21-23.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2018-01-16-21-55-51.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-16-21-55-51.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

pomegranite112

So, the accusation is the same as a conviction.
The street cop is judge, jury and executioner.
He should just take you off the street and drive you directly to prison to start your one year sentence.

I wouldn't want you on my jury. Instead I'd want someone who would follow the law and start out the trial with the mindset that the accused is innocent, until proven guilty.

My point is if you’re drawing attention to yourself and you were drinking, you’re probably too drunk to be driving. I think it’s a fair statement.

Now i did almost get a dui once for napping in my car. That can get you a dui aswell

corniilius

It all comes down to personal accountability. I rarely drink and drive when I'm alone. Why would I do it with passengers in the vehicle. That's just not how I roll.

LA_Native

I think if a pax reports to Uber that their driver has been drinking/drunk, temporarily put the driver's account on hold. Call the police to the driver's location. Breathalyze on on the spot and if the driver is legal to drive, then their account immediately reinstated and the pax be charged for the test.

What does others think about that solution? I would be willing do a breathalyzer test if it means I am not banned for 3 days/ permanent.

corniilius

I think if a pax reports to Uber that their driver has been drinking/drunk, temporarily put the driver's account on hold. Call the police to the driver's location. Breathalyze on on the spot and if the driver is legal to drive, then their account immediately reinstated and the pax be charged for the test.

What does others think about that solution? I would be willing do a breathalyzer test if it means I am not banned for 3 days/ permanent.

Featured comment of the month right here.

twnFM

I don’t drink AT ALL when I’m driving. If I have anything other than water, it’s coffee. Drivers in DFW area are notoriously selfish dangerous drivers. It’d be hard to watch out for the other guy if I were under the influence of anything.