Uber & Lyft Charing Surges/Primetime and not paying drivers

UberDriver MM

I recently had 4 separate rides on both apps indicate they were paying a surge price, however; NO SURGE WAS LISTED ON MY END OR EVEN SHOWED UP ON THE MAP. I went home and ran the numbers and found BOTH Uber and Lyft were charging riders 25-50% extra on rides during busy times and were only paying me STANDARD RATES. When I call Lyft they researched each ride and paid my back for the missed surge. Lyft even went as far as to say that there is a known bug regarding surge pricing in my area and I have no been added to the IT Ticket so my account can be reviewed and paid for all missed surge prices. Apparently this has been going on since September 23rd 2018. When I contacted Uber they just simply stated there was no surge price allocated tot he ride and I was paid correctly. I offered to send them a print out of each ride to confirm the surge and they decline simply stating again no surge was charged to the rider. No here is the thing. 1+1 equals 2 right! So if the passengers are charged a per mile & minute fee plus a booking fee and service fee then the calculation show be simply to determine what the rider should have been charged. If that rider was charged more then there was a surge and according to my agreement, and the Uber portal, I should have been paid on that surge as well. The other thing I notices was this so called MIN SURGE INCREASE per ride in Philly. the so called $4.00 extra on the ride when in reality Uber is collecting a lot more then that. Example. a Standard ride from KOP to the Philly AIrport would cost the rider roughly $45.00 and I would be paid roughly $28.00. On a trip yesterday the rider was charged $91.50 for the ride and I was only paid $31.50 as the ride only included a surge of $3.50. Funny part is the email I have the Uber Portal clearly states that these numbers are minimum surges and should update based on ride distance, time, and classification. Clearly this ride should have paid me more then $3.50 extra when the rider was charges double. UBER & LYFT ARE STEALING MONEY FROM IT'S DRIVES! I am currently putting together a spreadsheet to detail my last 500 rides on each app to confirm this and once I am done I will post it here for others to use. It is time we stand up against these greedy @@@@s just like they are doing all around the world.

tohunt4me

I recently had 4 separate rides on both apps indicate they were paying a surge price, however; NO SURGE WAS LISTED ON MY END OR EVEN SHOWED UP ON THE MAP. I went home and ran the numbers and found BOTH Uber and Lyft were charging riders 25-50% extra on rides during busy times and were only paying me STANDARD RATES. When I call Lyft they researched each ride and paid my back for the missed surge. Lyft even went as far as to say that there is a known bug regarding surge pricing in my area and I have no been added to the IT Ticket so my account can be reviewed and paid for all missed surge prices. Apparently this has been going on since September 23rd 2018. When I contacted Uber they just simply stated there was no surge price allocated tot he ride and I was paid correctly. I offered to send them a print out of each ride to confirm the surge and they decline simply stating again no surge was charged to the rider. No here is the thing. 1+1 equals 2 right! So if the passengers are charged a per mile & minute fee plus a booking fee and service fee then the calculation show be simply to determine what the rider should have been charged. If that rider was charged more then there was a surge and according to my agreement, and the Uber portal, I should have been paid on that surge as well. The other thing I notices was this so called MIN SURGE INCREASE per ride in Philly. the so called $4.00 extra on the ride when in reality Uber is collecting a lot more then that. Example. a Standard ride from KOP to the Philly AIrport would cost the rider roughly $45.00 and I would be paid roughly $28.00. On a trip yesterday the rider was charged $91.50 for the ride and I was only paid $31.50 as the ride only included a surge of $3.50. Funny part is the email I have the Uber Portal clearly states that these numbers are minimum surges and should update based on ride distance, time, and classification. Clearly this ride should have paid me more then $3.50 extra when the rider was charges double. UBER & LYFT ARE STEALING MONEY FROM IT'S DRIVES! I am currently putting together a spreadsheet to detail my last 500 rides on each app to confirm this and once I am done I will post it here for others to use. It is time we stand up against these greedy @@@@s just like they are doing all around the world.
I HEAR TIPS ARE MYSTERIOUSLY NOT SHOWING UP EITHER !

These companies have REDEFINED UNSCRUPULOUS !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-29-00-39-04.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-29-00-39-04.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2019-01-29-00-37-45.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-29-00-37-45.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 28

Mm cm

We all know that only onest federal judge ..but it appear onest leader disappeared ...ever everyt it is works basically by bribery and corruption

Disgusted Driver

In the agreement you signed with Uber that has been in effect from May 2017, they completed the rip off of the driver by totally separating what the pax pays (the up front fare) and the driver fare (time and mileage). While immoral it does not appear to be iillegal. There's a lot been posted, search upfront on this site.

Mm cm

We all know that only onest federal judge ..but it appear onest leader disappeared ...ever everyt it is works basically by bribery and corruption
Make sure you nor.t gonna vote for the same leader with your friends and your family.. because they are not lisnliste to your voice

tohunt4me

In the agreement you signed with Uber that has been in effect from May 2017, they completed the rip off of the driver by totally separating what the pax pays (the up front fare) and the driver fare (time and mileage). While immoral it does not appear to be iillegal. There's a lot been posted, search upfront on this site.
Starting our own " Rideshare Company " would be the Moral thing to do.

tohunt4me

Dam Google keyboard modifide my coment
BIG BROTHER " GOOGLE / D.A.R.P.A. " DEFENSE CONTRACTOR WILL MODIFY YOU !

Now Serve the World Hive !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-29-11-28-05.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-29-11-28-05.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2019-01-29-11-29-23.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-29-11-29-23.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 32

nickd8775

Uber isn't ethical, so that's how I justify going the long way and exploiting glitches to earn more. Just making up for what Uber rips off from the other ants.
I don't like ripping off the passengers though so I have perfected my strategy to ensure that my excess pay comes from the service fee and not the passenger. Some cases I'd even end a trip early and forego making an extra buck if it means Uber won't adjust the passenger fare higher.
I now have a strategy to hit Uber hard on Pool rides with the new surge

SCdave

Yes, with Upfront Pricing, we can say, " it's in our TOS/Contract".

The problem is, without any independent accounting or oversight by a local/state/federal agency getri g transparent data to double check that full Co tractual payments are being made to drivers, we just "don't know" if unintentional accounting errors or intentional "errors" have been made, right?

Where is the oversight of OnDemand App Companies?

I_Like_Spam

The problem is, without any independent accounting or oversight by a local/state/federal agency getri g transparent data to double check that full Co tractual payments are being made to drivers, we just "don't know" if unintentional accounting errors or intentional "errors" have been made, right?

Ride Sharing was designed to avoid any government oversight, that's what Mr. Kalanick and the other innovators who came up with the idea set out to accomplish. Getting interest of the government to do this will probably be difficult. I guess the states and cities could set up special fees on Uber trips to finance this, but I don't see the passengers being really anxious to pay it.

SCdave

Ride Sharing was designed to avoid any government oversight, that's what Mr. Kalanick and the other innovators who came up with the idea set out to accomplish. Getting interest of the government to do this will probably be difficult. I guess the states and cities could set up special fees on Uber trips to finance this, but I don't see the passengers being really anxious to pay it.
New York is only city that really has the experience to do this.

And when Uber and Lyft become Public after IPOs, there should be more transparency... Maybe?

I_Like_Spam

New York is only city that really has the experience to do this.

And when Uber and Lyft become Public after IPOs, there should be more transparency... Maybe?

New York is a unique place, because of how few people have their own rides. But many location have or had regulations on the taxi industry in the past.

The IPO's aren't going to make a difference on this, SEC regulations are designed to protect investors not employees, customers or partners.

SCdave

New York is a unique place, because of how few people have their own rides. But many location have or had regulations on the taxi industry in the past.

The IPO's aren't going to make a difference on this, SEC regulations are designed to protect investors not employees, customers or partners.
Easier for a Pri ate Equity or Public Equity corporation to hide/massage Financials?

nouberipo

look at the current leader of the country and the senators he is surrounded by. They operate under the premises that profits above people is the new character of this country and the only laws are there are no laws that cannot be fudged. Look at the performance of the AG/presidents private lawyer last week. They set the standard and so I think Uber has absolutely no problems in terms of reflecting those standards. Lying, deceipt, corruption, law-breaking, are all terms that come to mind for Uber and Lyft and are the new face of business in the USA. It is ok as long as they make a profit. Unfortunately while economics ebb and flow, once someone (or a company or a country) loses credibility in terms of character (integrity, honesty, etc) that is much harder to get back. The US may be in good economic times right now but it will not always be that way and while the country has sold its soul for monetary gain, the real ramifications will be felt years down the line when companies and governments abroad will no longer view use as credible or trustworthy. Uber and Lyft personify this transformation and until regulators step in things will not change. Unfortunately the regulators are part of the current administration who put a premium on lying, unethical business practices, corruption, etc.. Long story short........oversight by who? In a banana republic anything goes and there is nothing or nobody that cannot be bought off directly or indirectly.

Gby

It is the time for Federal investigation in this matter because the surge are belong to the driver . that's what they telling to riders ... On Uber web site it says clearly the surge are for the drivers to come out to fill up the demand ..but dam jerks are stealing the surge then exploring drivers with minimum wages or under minimum wages .. what shame of corporation have been stolen billions from drivers work and investment