• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber/Lyft caving into California proposed law...

UberPete1911

Good article and I hope it goes through. We'll see.

ZepFan

Good article and I hope it goes through. We'll see.
So, what happens if everyone becomes an employee...aaaaaanddd...U/L start limiting everyone's hours? "Sorry, you're part-time. Here are the hours available."

Careful what you wish for.

UberPete1911

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, what happens if everyone becomes an employee...aaaaaanddd...U/L start limiting everyone's hours? "Sorry, you're part-time. Here are the hours available."

Careful what you wish for.
One can dream, but we'll see. So in turn, what happens when uber cuts rates even more and drivers need to drive more and more?

NYC stands as a perfect example of what both companies did and it took the Gov't cap it.

We went from 1.65$ a mile to .66c a mile. I see another cut in the not so distant future. Why? Because they can and they will and drivers will still drive.

bobby747

ALL GO BACK TO YOUR JOBS BEFORE UBER LYFT..PROBLEMS SOLVED. LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE
THE FUTURE IS NEW EMPLOYMENT...NOT READING THIER EVERY ACTION...IF YOU MUST DRIVE IF U LOVE IT. GO PRIVATE CAR...AS MANY UPSCALE PAX...WONT DO UBER BLACK...LOOK AT SOME OF THOSE CARS..DRIVERS IN JEANS

xavy

Uber and lyft are so stupid for letting things go this far, and they still aren’t giving us what we want. F benefits, I don’t need more money when I retire I need more money NOW.

MoneyMitch

One can dream, but we'll see. So in turn, what happens when uber cuts rates even more and drivers need to drive more and more?

NYC stands as a perfect example of what both companies did and it took the Gov't cap it.

We went from 1.65$ a mile to .66c a mile. I see another cut in the not so distant future. Why? Because they can and they will and drivers will still drive.
To put things in perspective, the $1.65 per mile rate in 2014 is $0.67 in 1982 dollars.

NJKing

I think the same, they will keep cutting rates and force you to be out driving more. They had it coming, CA looks like they are serious this time. And it looks like this time ants aren't falling for it. They are already sick of do 50 trips to get $10 in retirement plan or accept 50 trips in a row to get health benefits gimmicks. Ants all over are angry and tired of manipulation and consistent rate cuts. They are promising increase in rates? To how much increase are we talking about here $0.66 to $0.67? Keeping as IC is okay by me but some kind of cap is necessary and sadly some kind of regulation too.

polar2017

This is likely to pressure Uber & lyft to raise driver pay across the network during the next year or 2.
It’s an easy way to explain to pox why the cost of rides will increase.
I have received 2 letters from NJ as have others inquiring about rideshare.
NJ is likely to continue to update laws & procedures tied to the gig industry.
Post automatically merged:

in 82 I was making 50k plus a year. young not a worry in the work. I got sucked in with black suv...than x surging 24x7
Making 100k these days in nnj is surviving sorta like 50k in 1982