Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber LUX is dead. This earnings statement is sad.

7K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  Robkaaa 
#1 ·
I've decided not to drive this week as my previous two weeks were horrible. I asked my cousin about his week, and he showed me this:

Light Product Line Font Material property

Before you'll start typing (this also goes to the Uber spies in this forum), here's some specific info about these past weeks and some basic info about us:

Experience with LUX: Me and him have been driving for 2 and 3 years, respectively (Remember Uber Select?). We know our way around Miami and South Broward.
Is this usual?: We all have bad weeks, but never this bad for 40 hours.
Why didn't you go home or switched to UberX?
He works from his laptop while waiting for requests. In my case, I'm not putting UberX miles in a luxury car. Not worth it.
Did he have signal or was his cellphone working this current week? Everything as usual if not, it would've had recorded the time online. I didn't work this week I had a different slave master this week.
Area/Cities worked: We're both from Aventura so we start from here.
Why do we think it was this bad? A combination of factors: low season, no LUX passengers, and too many LUX drivers sleeping in their cars by Aventura Mall, Turnberry, Williams Island, Sunny Isles, and all over this area. I hope ya'll have good Chiropractors. You'll need them soon.

In my opinion, is going to get worst for Uber LUX in Miami. Everywhere you look, there're LUX drivers but there aren't as many passengers as UberX. I don't know how many of you make money specially went some of you have car payments $400, $500, and even $600 higher than mine. (I pay $300, btw).

See less See more
#2 ·
Product Azure Rectangle Font Material property
Was okay for me though. $1100 Uber, $200 Lyft, $300 cash. Was working Monday night, full Friday, little bit on Saturday, and just a few hours on Sunday. Total about 50 hours online, and I barely put any miles on my car without customer inside.

P.S. My friends wife that takes rides only from their apartment in Aventura (after she finishes trips, she drives straight back home) grossed around $700 on Uber and $50 on Lyft.

#39 ·
View attachment 234356 Was okay for me though. $1100 Uber, $200 Lyft, $300 cash. Was working Monday night, full Friday, little bit on Saturday, and just a few hours on Sunday. Total about 50 hours online, and I barely put any miles on my car without customer inside.

P.S. My friends wife that takes rides only from their apartment in Aventura (after she finishes trips, she drives straight back home) grossed around $700 on Uber and $50 on Lyft.
How did you do $300 in cash? Taking trips outside the app?

#4 ·
I'm not trying to be pessimistic but how can someone out of Aventura make more money than two drivers that also live in the area combined? We live in different residentials and when we go out looking for passengers, we don't go to the same spots. Don't get me wrong, I've made $1000+ before but during winter, summer sucks.

Today is the same thing. Two hours out here and nothing yet. Hot and raining. 5 Lux drivers at the mall, 2 at Turnberry, 3 around the circle and 2 in Williams Island.

#7 ·
Robkaa you a woman? Lol Say spoiler alert next time lol

I wonder if I met once the op once I think you got his and her tahoe's perhaps a year ago at the hotel accords from turnberry I forget the name. I talked to the husband

#9 ·
If you exclusively work for a Tnc base Lux dosen't work.

You now need tags and commercial coverage and a 2016 or newer.

The customer has come to expect Aventura service levels on demand.

Two years ago their was a fraction of the Lux fleet onboarded, especially the SUV tier. Same client base, just ten times the needed vehicles.

The client base is in the Hamptons and South of France, to return Dec for Basel.

My work has actually improved as qualities of the Lux fleet has become
un reliable. Tired drivers living in their vehicles doesn't bode well for great service levels. I hear it from the customers.

Again I carry both tags and commercial coverage, rely on Uber for approx 35% of my workload. The rest privates

#15 ·
If you exclusively work for a Tnc base Lux dosen't work.

You now need tags and commercial coverage and a 2016 or newer.

The customer has come to expect Aventura service levels on demand.

Two years ago their was a fraction of the Lux fleet onboarded, especially the SUV tier. Same client base, just ten times the needed vehicles.

The client base is in the Hamptons and South of France, to return Dec for Basel.

My work has actually improved as qualities of the Lux fleet has become
un reliable. Tired drivers living in their vehicles doesn't bode well for great service levels. I hear it from the customers.

Again I carry both tags and commercial coverage, rely on Uber for approx 35% of my workload. The rest privates
No offense, but sometimes it feels like you copy/past your messages to all lux related threads =]
Like uber support;))

#10 · (Edited)
I don't drive Lux, but if I did I'd be researching places and events where the clients might be....certain high end hotels, events like Basel, boat show, business conventions, you kinda get the idea...... with X its more cut and dry....less tourists in town you gotta rely on the locals or stay home...

I use my app and sometimes down by the las olas area I see more Lux/Suv vehicle than X! I not going to invest in a Lux vehicle....I may go with low end fuel efficient vehicle and just pound out the line/lyft rides....I just can't accept poop...its worse than everything

X and Lux, what works in season, doesn't necessarily work out of season...

#14 ·
miamiu is a lux pro....I think about lux but not going to invest a lot of money in a relatively new lux vehicle....not when
I drive around and see all the QX60's and suburban parked by the W.....and lately some days I see 5 or 6 lined up nicely shining...on one block....

Uber support, no such thing

#16 ·
No response needed lol

AM I crazy or does it seem like they switched from RESOLVED to NO RESPONSE NEEDED now?

We missed the credits at the end of what kind of car he drives and plates lol

Just messin with ya miamiu lol

#20 · (Edited)
Not sure Uber would be happy as I siphon off their disappointed customers on the Lux platform. It makes me feel good to screw Uber actually.

The last time we did this was for our own bases, flipping transfers into as directed. We always had loyalty to our bases back then. We were flipping clients into big dollar at times weekly as directed.

There is no loyalty to Uber. They are simply scum.

Uber, and Tncs. Hate is a kind word. I use Uber as a source to pick up customers these days. And to gap out on my income.

After 18 years in this and watching the industry get destroyed by Tncs and the customer trained to expect $12 ( or less ) rides to the airport from South Beach.

I share my knowledge with the hope of common sense operating costs are understood by drivers, as well as to do my part to inform investors on Uber what a fraud, and or pyramid scheme it is.

I encourage experienced drivers to find a tag and get commercial coverage. We still can't do street hails but we can be attached on demand to a FBO or comparable. The one hour prior rule is gone.

I don't see many Lux drivers surviving on Uber alone until Basel. Then there's customers around, just easier to be busy on Lux tnc bases.

Tnc bases have reduced my income a third and I'm working about third more as well.

Best of luck out there

#24 ·
Robkaaa always seems to make money ,I'm driving lux lux suv and certain times of the day xl. last week I made $200 . Looks like I'm going to be looking for a part time job this year.. Robkaaa consider yourself a lucky one .
I would suggest you make Uber your part time job. The day Uber became my part-time job everything related to uber become a lot easier.

#26 ·
I've been on uberLUX since the conversion from select 3 years ago. I live in Aventura, Peninsula and can assure you UberLUX is dead. I spent 8 hours online in my apartment and did not receive a single ping this past weekend for LUX, soon as I added X I got a call. I am highly skeptical of the "screenshots" of people earning money doing LUX. My thought is it is photoshop recreating an uber earning screen. During high season I drove fill time LUX in the ocean communities, and needed X to make decent money, never beat $1,000 a week mixing lux and x.

#36 ·
So that makes 3 Lux Drivers, out of Aventura, with more than 3 years of experience each, that make less combine than Robkaaa's friend sitting in her apartment. Uhmm, isn't that interesting? Now, I'm not saying you can't make money in Miami but Aventura is dead. And it's been like that for about a month now and it's gonna stay like that until Fall.

However, Pasha, I do make $1,000+ during high season. I haven't seen those earnings in a while, though.

#29 ·
how much do i have to pay to learn the hack ? wasn't one guy charging $200? i'd pay $200 to learn how to make 1000k weekely, when everyone making 25% of that.
The thing is that even $10k will not be enough. If you knew things that certain drivers know, you would be taking money out of the pool that drivers basically share.
I'll share with you one thing - there is no hack. It is a combined experience for a few years of different drivers(participants of the same whatsup group).
Every one was working different areas at the same time and shared the progress. Than the progress was analyzed, and particular schedule of when and where was created. Now, everyone who is still doing uber using this schedule. Of course some stuff needs adjustment, but the bigger picture is pretty much clear.
P.S. I make least amount of money from those drivers; everyone else doing at least 70% more than I do, but they do it full-time. I do uber for 3 days on my best week.
If someone ever tell's that he will teach you how to make money with uber legally is probably lying because it would be more profitable doing uber for himself instead of sharing his experience with someone for few bucks. Guys from that group don't even have a time to chat on forum :)

#30 · (Edited)
seems pretty imposible to me , all hotspot always have a uber drivers . you can’t tell me you just pull up everywhere and get rides like that . i’m talking about restaurants and hotels for dinner rush . or check out days . You can clearly see that there are 5 drivers waiting for hours . It’s not just knowing when to be at the right place and right time, it’s about having the hack. 3 days and you make 1k . work full time and make 2k. so you can make 8k in a month . sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me . let’s meet up , i’ll pay you cash .

#32 ·
seems pretty imposible to me , all hotspot always have a uber drivers . you can't tell me you just pull up everywhere and get rides like that . i'm talking about restaurants and hotels for dinner rush . or check out days . You can clearly see that there are 5 drivers waiting for hours . It's not just knowing when to be at the right place and right time, it's about having the hack. 3 days and you make 1k . work full time and make 2k. so you can make 8k in a month . sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me .
Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

#31 · (Edited)
The lux market is all about experience.

Before Uber one spent years at second tier limo companies, Bktt, Broward Limo, Royal, that Richie guy and other at times unscrupulous operations. As a newbie one got stuck doing airport transfers and garbage work.

After a few years most of the better guys ended up at Aventura, Carey and other top tier operations. The dispatch was key in ones learning curve. Slowly being handed both the quality vehicles, clients and such. Years of experience were needed to get the top work in Miami.

After the lawsuits over independent driver litigation that most limo companies lost, Aventura went hourly, Coastal. This changed the dynamic of driver compensation. The slide of pay began.

Then Uber. It was game over for most black car based. Worldwide gone, and most fleets reduced to a shell of what they were.

Why is this relevant? Well where through this process did the experienced livery crew go?

As the permits dropped to a fraction of what they were, many went out and got new equipment, with commercial coverage. Coastal each guy got around 50k in a major settlement. Most went out and bought with cash new vehicles and found a tag. Many do Uber too gap out.

There is a core crew, one finds them at Fbos, the back of the Setai, and other areas we work, the nuances are too many to even attempt to write.

So one asks? Where does one get expertise in this area in the world of Tnc?
And what can one expect realistically?

First off it's Off Season. Theres little to nothing happening until Basel. One can learn from Basel thru Wmc. Can't learn this by sitting in ones SUV relying on Uber and a non existant customer off season.

And as discussed prior it's my belief that with current saturation one needs at a minimum 7 years of experience with a 2016 or newer vehicle with tags and commerce coverage.

Why tags and commercial coverage one asks? The answer is flexibility to serve the market. We work for ourselves, farm outs and Tnc bases. One can't just rely on one sole source of revenues. Theres too much saturation. Private jet work, referrals from concierge, and global agents if your good. That's Lux. It's not X or XL or Uber Lux even. This is the top tier marketplace in Miami.

Otherwise your just going to end with owing money as well as damaging your home life for attempting to live in your SUV to make Uber work is a formula for failure.

Best of luck out there

#38 ·
So, I've decided to experiment with Aventura today since my wife wanted to go to the mall. I've turned off SUV, and left it just on lux.
I was online for little bit less then 4 hours. Got three trips on Uber which brought me $54, and couple trips on Lyft - $19. On my way back to pickup my wife I've received another lux request (45+ mins) that I've ignored because my wife doesn't like to wait for me :) so I got $70+$10cash tip and potential $45 for 4 hours in Aventura. I understand it's nothing mind-blowing, but it's something.

Attachments

#41 ·
Told you Aventura was slow. Did you stay at the mall all the time? I turned on the app too late tonight. It's usually a bust when I do that. I went around the block and passed by the mall around 8:30pm. There were 4 LUX there. 3 parked by the entrances and one going around so I knew I was gonna wait for ever if I've stayed, but did it regardless (I'm hard-headed). Started sweating like a pig then went home. Someone got a smile in his face with that 45+. It wasn't me tho :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.