Uber loses London and vows to fight for the drivers! Puhleeze.

tipster98122

Uber London loses licence to operate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41358640

Uber possibly getting kicked out in London and their general manager makes this statement.

"By wanting to ban our app from the capital, Transport for London and the mayor have caved in to a small number of people who want to restrict consumer choice.
"If this decision stands, it will put more than 40,000 licensed drivers out of work and deprive Londoners of a convenient and affordable form of transport.
"To defend the livelihoods of all those drivers, and the consumer choice of millions of Londoners who use our app, we intend to challenge this in the courts."

Really? Defending the livelihoods of drivers??!
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this exactly what Uber/lyft are planning for the future? To get rid of all drivers and rely only on autonomous cars?

It simply is amazing the capacity which Uber and their shills have to shovel the corporate BS.

Mista T

Author
To defend the livelihoods of drivers, a union is being formed in Seattle. But U/L dont seem to be on board with that one...

To defend the livelihoods of drivers, a lawsuit was filed in NJ regarding the upfront pricing BS. But they seem to be fighting that one as well. Hmmmmm.

MoreTips

What a great point. Can't wait until that question is asked to the new CEO and he stumbles trying to answer that.

Surgeless in Seattle

Uber London loses licence to operate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41358640

Uber possibly getting kicked out in London and their general manager makes this statement.

"By wanting to ban our app from the capital, Transport for London and the mayor have caved in to a small number of people who want to restrict consumer choice.
"If this decision stands, it will put more than 40,000 licensed drivers out of work and deprive Londoners of a convenient and affordable form of transport.
"To defend the livelihoods of all those drivers, and the consumer choice of millions of Londoners who use our app, we intend to challenge this in the courts."

Really? Defending the livelihoods of drivers??!
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this exactly what Uber/lyft are planning for the future? To get rid of all drivers and rely only on autonomous cars?

It simply is amazing the capacity which Uber and their shills have to shovel the corporate BS.
You clearly eat too well and don't have to rely on the monthly catered events for decent food. The sheer volume of lies and undeserved back patting is beyond comprehension at these Uber Rah! Rah! meetings. Makes their London lies sound very banal.

d0n

Haha, posted on the Seattle forums as if they weren't trying to stop the union.

Love the irony.