• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber life in Atlanta

Apollo69

What’s up, y’all!? I’m a Uber driver in Baltimore and planning to move to Atlanta in Spring 2019. I’ve never lived in Atlanta and I’m curious about how much money I could make in 5 hours?

emdeplam

Better to target what you need and then just drive til you get there! Uber’s the gig that fits to your lifestyle and needs.

Atlanta passengers are consistently some of the highest rated and most generous tip wise.

Driving is a great way to learn a new city too.

What’ Up out

LouisATL

It depends a lot on when and where you drive. I've made as much as $41/hour and as little as $2/hour. (doing UberX)
Friday and Saturday evenings I usually make about $25/hour. Week nights are usually slow for me, and I've mostly stopped working them.
You can probably do better; I believe that I could. I have a day job and go for low stress driving over money.
I mostly drive in the northern suburbs.

M37inATL

What’s up, y’all!? I’m a Uber driver in Baltimore and planning to move to Atlanta in Spring 2019. I’ve never lived in Atlanta and I’m curious about how much money I could make in 5 hours?
There are too many factors involved to give an accurate prediction. And, even if you gave more information (time, location...) a lot of how much you make depends on if you get an airport request (and rematch).

ATL is oversaturated with drivers. Check out how many ants you see when you open the pax app.

Our traffic is usually ranked as top 10 worst in the country.

Surge is rare, and we don't get many incentives offered by uber or lyft.

You could drive 5 hours during a weekday, complete 7 or 8 trips, and only make about $35-50. Working those same hours and location, you could get back to back airport trips with a rematch, and make $100-150 on 4 trips.

Last edited:

Harleyfxdx1

ATL is saturated, at one time it would be no cars near your home. Now it be like 7 cars. I hope you have a regular job.
It's 7 because the the maximum number of cars shown at any given location at the time you open the rider app. There could be 70 cars in that same area, but only 7 will show. Yes it is saturated everywhere in metro Atlanta

Harleyfxdx1

We have a great new Mercedes Benz Stadium ... Falcons, Atl United, SEC Championship game and numerous Mega Concerts ...... however, there is zero traffic plan and no accommodation for ride-share traffic

Airport .... terrible traffic with construction projects .... unless you get a re-match expect a long wait for a ride back.

lol, I start my career in May of next year and when I stop driving I got some questions. Either some of ya'll lying for obvious reasons or we have vastly different experiences w/ Uber/Lyft.

newDriver81

ATL is saturated, at one time it would be no cars near your home. Now it be like 7 cars. I hope you have a regular job.
The airport game has changed. I remember when the cue was 60 Uber X cars max during the week days. Now that shyt be 120 - 130 Uber X in the cue, man wtf!? Uber needs to cap drivers.

Apollo69

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It depends a lot on when and where you drive. I've made as much as $41/hour and as little as $2/hour. (doing UberX)
Friday and Saturday evenings I usually make about $25/hour. Week nights are usually slow for me, and I've mostly stopped working them.
You can probably do better; I believe that I could. I have a day job and go for low stress driving over money.
I mostly drive in the northern suburbs.
What is it like on St. Patrick’s Day? In Baltimore, I could make $300.