Uber lies

a_Magillacutty

What they show you...
IMG_3844.jpg

What you get...
IMG_3847.JPG

roadman

that is a funny picture. I really don't care where in the world the person is as long as they can help me. I think they are limited in the scope of what they can help with.

I have contacted phone support twice.

The first time was when I received a phone call that appeared to be from Uber and was told that scams were occurring and also that Uber was contacting drivers to make them aware that phone support was available. Perhaps that was Uber but I am not sure and have not received another call that appeared to be from Uber.

I run Uber off a tablet mounted in my car. The second time I had to contact phone support was when the verify identity was acting up again which is due to the low resolution of the camera in my tablet. I was hoping they could somehow reset it so that it wouldn't ask me to take picture every time I go online, which is a real pain for me especially when i don't accept 3 pings in a row and it boots me offline, but they were unable to help. Eventually when I log in with my phone it will ask me to verify identity and then things are fixed until it happens again. Somehow it is recognizing logins from different devices but I couldn't get the verify identity to trigger on my phone until the verify identity failed enough times on my tablet. I could easily fix this if I worked for them but I don't.

PDT

that is a funny picture. I really don't care where in the world the person is as long as they can help me. I think they are limited in the scope of what they can help with.

I have contacted phone support twice.

The first time was when I received a phone call that appeared to be from Uber and was told that scams were occurring and also that Uber was contacting drivers to make them aware that phone support was available. Perhaps that was Uber but I am not sure and have not received another call that appeared to be from Uber.

I run Uber off a tablet mounted in my car. The second time I had to contact phone support was when the verify identity was acting up again which is due to the low resolution of the camera in my tablet. I was hoping they could somehow reset it so that it wouldn't ask me to take picture every time I go online, which is a real pain for me especially when i don't accept 3 pings in a row and it boots me offline, but they were unable to help. Eventually when I log in with my phone it will ask me to verify identity and then things are fixed until it happens again. Somehow it is recognizing logins from different devices but I couldn't get the verify identity to trigger on my phone until the verify identity failed enough times on my tablet. I could easily fix this if I worked for them but I don't.
Say, how do you run the app off a tablet? Doesn't it need data/ phone number? I haVe an iPad with a cellular connection built they block phone calls. Thanks in advance.

nutzareus

Say, how do you run the app off a tablet? Doesn't it need data/ phone number? I haVe an iPad with a cellular connection built they block phone calls. Thanks in advance.

I've run driver app on my iPad Mini via LTE cellular or WiFi connected to hotspot.

PDT

I've run driver app on my iPad Mini via LTE cellular or WiFi connected to hotspot.
Hmmm, I have a cellular/lte iPad-but it does not accept calls or text messages (except from my linked Apple ID phone number).
So, how do you do the 2 factor verification if can't get text to the phone registered to iPad?
I'm missing something. Thanks.

nutzareus

Hmmm, I have a cellular/lte iPad-but it does not accept calls or text messages (except from my linked Apple ID phone number).
So, how do you do the 2 factor verification if can't get text to the phone registered to iPad?
I'm missing something. Thanks.

Google Voice.

roadman

as long as it can run an app, it either needs data or a hotspot, i put in my cell number to get calls, which i generally don't answer anyhow.