• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Lies to their Drivers

Arman101

So here is what happened..... I was on a ubereats delivery trip and went into an apartment (19th floor). I kept knocking at the door for 20 minutes and nobody answered. The phone does not work in a closed building lobby so I had to come down to call the person. She picked up the phone and said I can't come down so you come up I am waiting at the door. I went back up and noone was there.. again 5 minutes wait. I came back down and called the support and here is how it went...

Note: the parking was as 5 minutes walk and a paid parking so I couldn't leave the car for an hour

The support person called the customer and ask me to go back up the 3rd time leaving my car attendant. The doorman wouldn't take the food. I said i cannot leave the car. He said I will compensate you properly and I will file the request now. And she is just holding the door open.

That's Lie # 1

She was still not at the door and the offcourse no buzz# given and the security was not at the desk because that's what we are for.

Anyways, I wrote back to support confirming the compensation i was promised. Turn out "The city dictates no compensation for this". Great! So i was tricked into going up the 3rd time? Ok, let me see the "city policy" that is dictating my life. I was sent "Ubereats Customer FAQS" and a video to show how to do the deliveries (after over 1000 deliveries and almost 100% rating) Seriously? I mean, how dumb do you have to be to try to dodge my question like that? At least have some respect and know that if we can at least use a smart phone we can see that. They can do better than this.

And that was Lie# 2

When i wrote it in capital letters that no conversation is not going anywhere until i see the so called, "city policy". I don't even care about the money at this point, I wanna know if I am being lied to and tricked into doing things.

Next reply, We have added "certain amount" into your account for your troubles. I can see that you waited more than 10 minutes. Shows arriving time" and *shows completion time. The problem with that is Arriving time (minus) Completion time = 12 minutes. Noted time from my car clock was 47 minutes.

That was lie # 3

That also makes me skeptical that he said, if for 10 minutes nobody answers (no matter what you do to contact them) you can leave. I highly doubt that they will respect this too. If and when you leave with the food, uber will be like its only been 3 minutes you should have waited more. And.... "No matter what you do to contact them" ??? Seriously? be specific, like call? knock? ring the door? break the freakin window? set the house on fire? These are the loopholes uber plays with by not specifying the tasks for the drivers. .....and thought only third world countries lack human and labor rights!!!

Deoxlar

What was wrong with the customer?

How does uber eats work with calling the customer yourself? How come you need support to call them.

Is there policy against hanging the food on their door and taking a picture before leaving?

Arman101

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What was wrong with the customer?

How does uber eats work with calling the customer yourself? How come you need support to call them.

Is there policy against hanging the food on their door and taking a picture before leaving?
I did call the customer and she said that she is waiting at the door, that why i went up the second time. The third time i called the support to confirm that I am leaving with the food because i cannot go back up and leave my car.

I dont think you can leave the food at the door like that until the customer asks for it.

djino

Man, I'm sorry that happened to you, but I think you did more than you should have, and therefore got yourself into a bad situation. This is how I handle similar situations.

After arriving at the restaurant to pick up the Food and I have confirmed the address of the person receiving the food, if I notice that it includes an Apartment #, I prepare the following text

"Hello, I am about 5 minutes away, please meet me at the lobby"

As soon as my GPS indicates that I am 6 minutes away, I will send the text to the recipient

In 100% of the cases, I get a response "Thanks, I am coming down" or no reponse, but they are waiting for me in the lobby anyway.

In situations where I arrive at an address, and the recipient isn't there, I make an attempt to call them on the phone. If no answer, I immediately call the 1-800 Uber eats number and let them know. They usually put me on hold and try to contact the recipient, if they don't get an answer, they usually tell me to wait 15 minutes and then take off (but I have never had to wait that long, as the recipient usually meets me within 5 minutes of the call to Ubereats.

---

Having said the above, if I ever encountered a recipient who asked me to come up to them, I would say "I'm sorry, but I'm parked in a spot that I cant stay put in, please come down for your food". If they responded with anything but acknowledging that they will be coming down, I will reply "Your food is waiting in the lobby, good day (click)", I will simply drop off the food there in the lobby, leave, and contact Uber Eats to provide them the details, and carry on with the rest of my day/night.

djino
"I simply take no Bullshit and will not go out of my way for unpaid time and no tip waiting for and travelling up and down elevators"

Last edited:

Arman101

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man, I'm sorry that happened to you, but I think you did more than you should have, and therefore got yourself into a bad situation. This is how I handle similar situations.

After arriving at the restaurant to pick up the Food and I have confirmed the address of the person receiving the food, if I notice that it includes an Apartment #, I prepare the following text

"Hello, I am about 5 minutes away, please meet me at the lobby"

As soon as my GPS indicates that I am 6 minutes away, I will send the text to the recipient

In 100% of the cases, I get a response "Thanks, I am coming down" or no reponse, but they are waiting for me in the lobby anyway.

In situations where I arrive at an address, and the recipient isn't there, I make an attempt to call them on the phone. If no answer, I immediately call the 1-800 Uber eats number and let them know. They usually put me on hold and try to contact the recipient, if they don't get an answer, they usually tell me to wait 15 minutes and then take off (but I have never had to wait that long, as the recipient usually meets me within 5 minutes of the call to Ubereats.

---

Having said the above, if I ever encountered a recipient who asked me to come up to them, I would say "I'm sorry, but I'm parked in a spot that I can stay put in, please come down for your food". If they responded with anything but acknowledging that they will be coming down, I will reply "Your food is waiting in the lobby, good day (click)", I will simply drop off the food there in the lobby, leave, and contact Uber Eats to provide them the details, and carry on with the rest of my day/night.

djino
"I simply take no Bullshit and will not go out of my way for unpaid time and no tip waiting for and travelling up and down elevators"
That is good. I am glad you shared this. From now on. No knocking. I will just call and text and wait in the car. So that its on record and I dont stand in -10 for 10 minutes

djino

This, my son, is one of the reasons I don't do UberEats.
I enjoy doing Uber Eats (other than the times where I'm hungry myself, and I'm stinking up my car with food).

I have a very low tolerance for BS, and never put myself in a situation where I am doing more than what is required. I always have my "Be there in 5 minutes, please meet me in the lobby" text ready for those apartment addresses I see. And if they are not there on arrival, I'll call them, if no answer, I call Uber eats, and then leave the food and take off. I'd say in 5-10% of the trips, requires that I call Uber Eats, and its settled within 5 minutes.

Doing anything more than the above, is only going to waste your time unnecessarily.

djino

djino

That is good. I am glad you shared this. From now on. No knocking. I will just call and text and wait in the car. So that its on record and I dont stand in -10 for 10 minutes
If its just a house (non-apartment address), I don't mind going up to the door/knocking and delivering the food. Thats no problem, and its quick. If its an apartment/condo, F' that, I'll send you a text to bring your ass down to the lobby when I'm 5 minutes away. Once I arrive, you better be there, as I wait 5 minutes max while I call you and Uber eats. If you don't show up, the food is left there in the lobby, and I take off.

djino

Redhurricane

So here is what happened..... I was on a ubereats delivery trip and went into an apartment (19th floor). I kept knocking at the door for 20 minutes and nobody answered. The phone does not work in a closed building lobby so I had to come down to call the person. She picked up the phone and said I can't come down so you come up I am waiting at the door. I went back up and noone was there.. again 5 minutes wait. I came back down and called the support and here is how it went...

Note: the parking was as 5 minutes walk and a paid parking so I couldn't leave the car for an hour

The support person called the customer and ask me to go back up the 3rd time leaving my car attendant. The doorman wouldn't take the food. I said i cannot leave the car. He said I will compensate you properly and I will file the request now. And she is just holding the door open.

That's Lie # 1

She was still not at the door and the offcourse no buzz# given and the security was not at the desk because that's what we are for.

Anyways, I wrote back to support confirming the compensation i was promised. Turn out "The city dictates no compensation for this". Great! So i was tricked into going up the 3rd time? Ok, let me see the "city policy" that is dictating my life. I was sent "Ubereats Customer FAQS" and a video to show how to do the deliveries (after over 1000 deliveries and almost 100% rating) Seriously? I mean, how dumb do you have to be to try to dodge my question like that? At least have some respect and know that if we can at least use a smart phone we can see that. They can do better than this.

And that was Lie# 2

When i wrote it in capital letters that no conversation is not going anywhere until i see the so called, "city policy". I don't even care about the money at this point, I wanna know if I am being lied to and tricked into doing things.

Next reply, We have added "certain amount" into your account for your troubles. I can see that you waited more than 10 minutes. Shows arriving time" and *shows completion time. The problem with that is Arriving time (minus) Completion time = 12 minutes. Noted time from my car clock was 47 minutes.

That was lie # 3

That also makes me skeptical that he said, if for 10 minutes nobody answers (no matter what you do to contact them) you can leave. I highly doubt that they will respect this too. If and when you leave with the food, uber will be like its only been 3 minutes you should have waited more. And.... "No matter what you do to contact them" ??? Seriously? be specific, like call? knock? ring the door? break the freakin window? set the house on fire? These are the loopholes uber plays with by not specifying the tasks for the drivers. .....and thought only third world countries lack human and labor rights!!!
Here's your first mistake...."I was on a ubereats delivery trip"

djino

In some condos where I've worked as a guard, they don't allow the delivery to go up to the floors. The resident has to come down and fetch it from the lobby. Most guards/concierge will let you leave the stuff at the desk if you tell them the resident is on their way down for it but you can't wait. It's the apartment building where there is no one in the lobby that are the problem.
Thats great that you can simply leave it with the Guard. Thats exactly what I would do.

If there is no guard, and the recipient refuses to come down OR they are simply not answering their phone and Ubereats cannot get ahold of them either, then I simply leave the food there in the lobby for anyone to take.

djino
"Neither of the above is an issue for me!"

djino

Make sure to leave a message on their voice mail as well as a text to tell them their food is down in the lobby getting cold and / or pilfered.
Like I said in my other messages above. I would simply contact Uber Eats and let them know the details. They can then take it from there, while I move on! :smiles:

djino

Justubereats

If I'm delivering to a condo/apartment, there is no response when I text them after picking up the food, there is no response (text/call) after 10 minutes past the time I got there and the food isn't worth $35+ I'm taking it. Guess what ? it is a completed delivery too. Uber never reduced or cut my pay for that. I will simply end it as a completed trip with food delivered to the right person. If Uber questions me, I will simply ask them to check the lobby camera which I know for sure that they won't do. F Uber.

Uberforall

If I'm delivering to a condo/apartment, there is no response when I text them after picking up the food, there is no response (text/call) after 10 minutes past the time I got there and the food isn't worth $35+ I'm taking it. Guess what ? it is a completed delivery too. Uber never reduced or cut my pay for that. I will simply end it as a completed trip with food delivered to the right person. If Uber questions me, I will simply ask them to check the lobby camera which I know for sure that they won't do. F Uber.
If the customer doesn't get the food though would they not know something's up?.

djino

As in you stole the food And ripped off Uber?.
Yeah, this is the reason, I would always call the Uber Eats number to let them know.

Not doing so won't give you the benefit of the doubt and will likely get you deactivated.

Djino

Last edited: