Uber Launches New Feature that Lets Drivers Give You Feedback on that Low Rating

HotRodriguez75

About time.....Rider behavior correction

You’re not the only one who gets to give feedback on those Uber rides anymore.

The ride-hailing app has announced a new “feedback for riders” feature that will let drivers to provide a reason when they give a passenger a rating below five stars.

Read: Uber Is Calling It Quits in Quebec, Canada

When a driver selects a four-star rating or below, the app will ask “what went wrong,” allowing the driver to choose from a list of reasons that includes wait time, patience, number of riders, attitude, wanted new route, or other, reports The Verge. If a rider receives the same feedback twice within a 30 day period, they will be notified the next time they open the app that their behavior is affecting their rating. So if you were ever wondering why your rating wasn’t a sterling five stars, now you’ll know.

Read: ‘I Apologize for the Mistakes We’ve Made:’ Uber CEO Sends an Un-Uber-Like Message to Londoners

The new feature is being launched as part of the company’s “180 days of change,” a program that seeks to make improvements to the driver experience—but for now is only available in the U.S. and Canada.

After several rocky months for Uber, including leadership changes, sexual harassment allegations, secret programs, and operating license losses, it remains to be seen if changes such as this one will do what it takes to turn the company around.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/uber-launches-feature-lets-drivers-095651727.html

Dallas Uber

About time.....Rider behavior correction

You’re not the only one who gets to give feedback on those Uber rides anymore.

The ride-hailing app has announced a new “feedback for riders” feature that will let drivers to provide a reason when they give a passenger a rating below five stars.

Read: Uber Is Calling It Quits in Quebec, Canada

When a driver selects a four-star rating or below, the app will ask “what went wrong,” allowing the driver to choose from a list of reasons that includes wait time, patience, number of riders, attitude, wanted new route, or other, reports The Verge. If a rider receives the same feedback twice within a 30 day period, they will be notified the next time they open the app that their behavior is affecting their rating. So if you were ever wondering why your rating wasn’t a sterling five stars, now you’ll know.

Read: ‘I Apologize for the Mistakes We’ve Made:’ Uber CEO Sends an Un-Uber-Like Message to Londoners

The new feature is being launched as part of the company’s “180 days of change,” a program that seeks to make improvements to the driver experience—but for now is only available in the U.S. and Canada.

After several rocky months for Uber, including leadership changes, sexual harassment allegations, secret programs, and operating license losses, it remains to be seen if changes such as this one will do what it takes to turn the company around.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/uber-launches-feature-lets-drivers-095651727.html

This has always been a lyft feature. Do you really think this people care enough to read their feedback?

HotRodriguez75

This has always been a lyft feature. Do you really think this people care enough to read their feedback?
Lyft is becoming the Uber riders that could no longer get a ride. Of course they ignore their feedback.

Just with the media attention, riders will watch this closely as many more are actually watching their ratings.

Just like drivers watching and complaining about their rating and feedback (or at enjoying the positive feedback), riders will do the same.

That is my opinion.

Uberdummy

What a total crock of useless SHIT. Why should the driver have to explain his crappy rating of the pax if those @@@@@@@@ don't have to explain theirs? How about fixing the worthless pax rating system? Anything less than 5 stars is an epic fail you're fired. It's a simple ride. Just how bad can it be to give a driver 1 star? Having a bad day? BF/GF dumped you? Don't take it out on the driver you pos. If pax rates a driver less than 4 stars make them explain in detail just what was so bad. Too lazy to answer? Then you don't get to rate. Bullshit reason? Drivers gets to refute your lying ass and the rating is removed. DO SOMETHING for the drivers for once you scum.

Telsa34

What a total crock of useless SHIT. Why should the driver have to explain his crappy rating of the pax if those @@@@@@@@ don't have to explain theirs? How about fixing the worthless pax rating system? Anything less than 5 stars is an epic fail you're fired. It's a simple ride. Just how bad can it be to give a driver 1 star? Having a bad day? BF/GF dumped you? Don't take it out on the driver you pos. If pax rates a driver less than 4 stars make them explain in detail just what was so bad. Too lazy to answer? Then you don't get to rate. Bullshit reason? Drivers gets to refute your lying ass and the rating is removed. DO SOMETHING for the drivers for once you scum.

I fully agree with you and here's the other take if you provide information on why you rated a passenger low you're giving that passenger information that will help narrow it down so that he can come back on you and change his rating of you lift does the same thing I don't comment on why I rated somebody lower on lift it's Justified that's for sure and the same thing goes with Uber I don't feel I have to justify myself to anyone for giving a passenger a lower rating and I'm sure not going to help him try to figure out it was me that did it we all have enough problems dealing with shity reviews from passengers just because they're having a bad day or trying to get a discount on an already low cost of a ride.

Waffles

The only new feature I want from Uber is a rate hike. The rest is pretty much meaningless.

Wont happen. 180 days if change is all a PR CAMPAIGN to repair their public image. They have shown their true colors by going back on changes made. They are making these things up as the days go by. What have they done, added tips thats it.

Use UBER for what it is, the free marketing wing of my private company.