1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber launches new app for drivers

Discussion in 'News' started by SLuz, Apr 10, 2018.

1. SLuz

SLuz Active Member

(!80 days of pain)

Business News

April 10, 2018 / 10:03 AM / Updated 9 minutes ago
    Uber launches new app for drivers

(Reuters) - Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] on Tuesday unveiled a new app for its drivers that includes a real-time earnings tracker, the latest effort by the ride-hailing service to improve an often contentious relationship.

The move follows Uber’s ‘180 days of change’ program that was launched last June to make changes requested by drivers, such as tipping and compensation for the time spent waiting for passengers.

“While 180 Days was about correcting missteps of the past, we also needed to think longer term, and the obvious place to start was the Driver app,” Chief Executive Officer Dara Khosrowshahi said in a statement.

The new app will also introduce a new status bar to help drivers decide their next location based on a spike in requests, along with a notification feature that allows drivers to see messages about upcoming earnings opportunities and feedback from riders among other things.

The rollout follows a Beta version developed with the drivers, Uber said.

Uber last year outlined a series of improvements for drivers, including a new navigation system and fairer approach to review performance, in response to years of complaints by drivers about their pay and treatment.

Uber drivers are independent contractors, not employees, and lack paid sick leave and vacation, and must pay for car maintenance and other costs.

The company, which is preparing for a potential initial public offering in 2019, lost $4.5 billion last year and is facing fierce competition at home in the United States and across Asia, as well as a regulatory crackdown in Europe.

Reporting by Abinaya Vijayaraghavan in Bengaluru and Heather Somerville in San Francisco; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...gn=Feed:+reuters/businessNews+(Business+News)

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Rexi

Rexi Member

lmaoooooooooo this is it? huge announcement? LMAO

3. TBolt

TBolt Active Member

Just watched the live stream. Absolutely NO mention about improving the earnings of all those hard-working Uber drivers.

4. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

I am very disappointed in the livestream. Nothing that addresses problems with express pool and false complaints.

5. TBolt

TBolt Active Member

Uber CEO: "You're still near-minimum wage poor-ass trash, but at least you have a new app to stare at during your shift."

6. polar2017

polar2017 Well-Known Member

Yipee

How humiliating to have the ceo announce this to everyone.
    A director could do it.

7. Rexi

Rexi Member

I can't believe this is their big announcement, honestly this is ridiculous lol. a new app helps uber 90%, us 10%, worthless waste of time

8. Maquis

Maquis Active Member

Losing $4 Billion a year and this is what they devote resources to? You gotta be an idiot to invest in these bozos.

To watch Dara strut around on stage like Steve Jobs introducing the I-phone -- it was embarassing.

Not to mention all the talk about listening to their drivers. Funny how they missed the part about how pissed drivers are that YOU ARE RIPPING US OFF!

Ziggy, Taxi8, Uberyouber and 24 others like this.
  9. UberAnt39

UberAnt39 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Anyone know, does this app force you to use Uber Navigation?

10. RidingDirty

RidingDirty Active Member

Hardworking...Kidding me? Right?

Do you still drive for Uber?

11. JohnnyRotten69

JohnnyRotten69 Active Member

Barely drive. Went from 2k a month to less than 50 bucks a month. Not worth the hassle.

12. Uberk5487

Uberk5487 Well-Known Member

I sure hope not

13. REX HAVOC

REX HAVOC Well-Known Member

Uber management doesn't believe or doesn't care if they are ripping off drivers. t drivers are getting exactly what "Uber" believes they are worth.
    Uber management either doesn't believe or doesn't care if they're ripping off drivers.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  14. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

As for the " Launch"

A Turd in a Slingshot has made more remarkable " Impressions".

Thanks for Nothing !

Uber is NOT facing " Fierce" competition in Asia

Seeing as how Uber has WITHDRAWN from MUCH OF ASIA !

They JUST SPENT $100 MILLION ON 250 BICYCLES IN SAN FRANCISCO !

( USED BICYCLES !)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  15. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
  16. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

" NEW APP" is geared towards self driving cars.
    It will Help YOU !

HELP YOU out of EARNING A LIVING !

Eugene73, MoreTips and KekeLo like this.
  17. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Dara’a announcement was overhyped, leading to drivers exclaiming, “That’s it? A change to the app?”
    Drivers were hoping for pay increases, etc. Dara’a overhyped announcement will now be followed with backlash and anger. Dara would have been better to produce the dumb video beforehand of him and his self-praising marketeers pretending to bring changes on behalf of “driver input,” and then send a link showing where the YouTube vid could be seen, but by hyping a “big announcement” that went nowhere, Dara created even more poor moral among the drivers. Major fail! Lol!

18. REX HAVOC

REX HAVOC Well-Known Member

Time to have a walkout.

19. 2Cents

2Cents Well-Known Member

Enlight169.jpg Sorry Dara...
    You're not Steve Jobs.
    Dara wants the public to get used to him so that when they go public, people might engage him.
    Sorry D..
    End the Ponzy.

20. SurgeMasterMN

SurgeMasterMN Well-Known Member

As mentioned before this brings the light of 1000 Suns on the 6000 POUND TURD in the room that is DRIVERS BEING RIPPED OFF on each trip.