Uber launches hourly ride booking option in some U.S. cities

goneubering

Post automatically merged:

The company said it expected the option to be used for trips to grocery stores, pharmacies and doctors appointments, but would monitor use going forward.

Hourly bookings will be available in Atlanta, Chicago, Washington, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Orlando, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Tacoma and Seattle beginning June 2, with expansions planned in the following weeks.

Ride-hailing trips, which generate the bulk of Uber's revenue, dropped 80% globally in April, but the company earlier this month said demand was slowly recovering.

Since May 18, Uber requires riders and drivers around the world to wear face coverings or masks and allows both parties to cancel trips and report users who do not comply with the measure. Repeated failure to comply can lead to account deactivation for both riders and drivers.

Seamus

The company said it expected the option to be used for trips to grocery stores, pharmacies and doctors appointments, but would monitor use going forward.

Hourly bookings will be available in Atlanta, Chicago, Washington, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Orlando, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Tacoma and Seattle beginning June 2, with expansions planned in the following weeks.

Ride-hailing trips, which generate the bulk of Uber's revenue, dropped 80% globally in April, but the company earlier this month said demand was slowly recovering.

Since May 18, Uber requires riders and drivers around the world to wear face coverings or masks and allows both parties to cancel trips and report users who do not comply with the measure. Repeated failure to comply can lead to account deactivation for both riders and drivers.
Beautiful, seems tailor made for drug trafficking, you are now an official mule.

UberchickATL

Typical. Uber puts out a press statement before they inform drivers of this new service. I drive in Atlanta and have heard nothing about this from Uber. Wait time pay here is $6 per hour so this sounds like a big money loser for drivers but a huge goldmine for Uber.

DeadHeadDriver

Uber Hourly 'Ride'?

Skipped PR paragraph--first--and then here's what matters:

___

UberWhore_Hour.png

LOOK!
Some ENTERPRISING PIMP could have his girls drive.... They got an hour!
--------If UberRide pax name is "John" is there really a problem?

Seriously though. $50/Hour? You realize that's UBER's charge!!! Ants will receive approximately $21.45 and MUST SMILE!! (**from behind Face-mask)

60 minutes? :thumbup: Pax will start heading for check-out at 1Hr5min. Upon arrival---at 1Hr18min.----to where your car WAS parked at... a phone call is placed to UberRides Customer Svc. Complaint line. Hope you enjoyed your 'Ride'....

FormerTaxiDriver♧

How about getting stuck with a complete paxhole for a couple hours???

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
You guys are so negative. Just wait until you see what the rates are, then you'll probably be jumping at the opportunity to serve someone for an hourly rate. I've seen countless posts about drivers wanting to become employees so that they could get some kind of hourly rate.

I didn't think I would ever lower myself to food delivery. Then COVID hit. Now I am doing Eats (hat tip to Chicago forum) and making more money per hour than I ever did driving paxholes around.

It's all about the money. Don't knock it.

Full disclosure: I am a shareholder as well as a driver.