1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Isn't Taking Its Latest French Defeat Lying Down FORTUNE JAN 28, 2016,

Discussion in 'News' started by Michael - Cleveland, Jan 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  2. Hackenstein

Hackenstein

They're psychotic. Telling countries their laws are invalid. Even after riots. Wild.

tohunt4me likes this.
  3. Huberis

Huberis

Driving:
    Taxi
    Any and all attempts at constraints are held in contempt by Uber.

UberTaxPro likes this.
  4. Ca$h4

Ca$h4

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  5. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    "...police have still warned motorists to avoid Paris airports if possible."

LOL!

tohunt4me likes this.
  6. sellkatsell44

sellkatsell44 Moderator

Taxis in Paris is super expensive--but now that I see how much they have to pay, makes sense.

Underground system is awesome though old, like NYC, but much more easier to navigate for me--which is funny considering my French sucks.

tohunt4me likes this.
  7. These European countries have great app based systems utilizing regulated cars.
    They don't feel the need to replace their services with Uber's unregulated cars. The public apparently sees beyond just cheaper prices. Why is the US public so short sighted?

AV8R and Ca$h4 like this.
  8. sellkatsell44

sellkatsell44 Moderator

Darwinsm
    Capitalism
    Just plain greed and selfishness in guise of freedom, pos democratic. Just look how long it took them to get something like healthcare to be affordable and even then it's still grimey and corporation-friendly.

But!!! Not every American is like that. However those that aren't, aren't the type to make waves.

Ca$h4 likes this.
  9. You should really put the crack pipe down before posting. If the "public apparently sees beyond just cheaper prices" there would be no customers and regulations wouldn't matter.

stuber likes this.
  10. UberX would be wildly popular even at three times the price. And drivers would earn more if Uber would use only regulated cars. And no, I gave up the pipe months ago.