Uber is your pimp.....that makes you all.....

Dan K

It seems that driving a cab isn't looking so bad.

Better pay...better hours...better cars.

It keeps getting better all the time compared to how Uber keeps screwing you guys over.

I just don't see how you can make fun of us cabbies when uber keeps treating you like a beat down hooker who can't leave her pimp. (Yes...its that sad)

You could leave....but you don't.

Often its cause you have no where else to go....you are desperate. So you stay....

And when he beats you down again (rate cuts) you will pretend that he (uber) still loves you.

You all need an intervention (a better job)

Mind you I'm not making fun here.....I'm making a point.

That many here are living in denial....that you believe that one day he will change...so you stay.

gerg

It keeps getting better all the time compared to how Uber keeps screwing you guys over.

I just don't see how you can make fun of us cabbies when uber keeps treating you like a beat down hooker who can't leave her pimp. (Yes...its that sad)

Often its cause you have no where else to go....you are desperate. So you stay....

And when he beats you down again (rate cuts) you will pretend that he (uber) still loves you.

That many here are living in denial....that you believe that one day he will change...so you stay.
Wow, you really have some problems. Seek help.

UberDude2

Haha, I read the first 3 lines and thought hmmmm, is this guy smoking crack?
Better pay? That's debatable. Another cab driver posted his pay for the day yesterday and we made about the same however I know another Uber driver on this forum that made more then double then the cab driver yesterday.
#2, better hours? Really?? We make our own hours so how could that be? That's just plain stupid.
#3, better cars? We are driving the car of our choice so how is that not better than getting a car assigned to you?
I didn't bother reading the rest of the crap you wrote because that's exactly what it is.....CRAP!

Naturegirl

See!!! This forum is entertaining and always good for a laugh. Glad that Dan K has found his calling in life by being a slave to the taxi companies. I'm so jealous. :wink:

Last edited:

Farman vegas

Nevada Taxicab Authority data for taxicab trips in May 2015 total trips 2,769,298 and in May 2016 total trips in a taxicab 2,051,364.

Total decrease from May 2015 was 717,924 less trips.

A 25.92% loss in market share for the Las Vegas taxicab Gods.

No numbers yet for June 2016 for public viewing from the Nevada Taxicab Authority about trip totals.

Odd the numbers are not posted yet.

Henry Havenmeyer the Sugar King in 1907 controlled 98% of the Sugar Trust for a short time also.

Uber Steve LV

You're a taxi driver posting on an Uber forum at 2AM on a Friday night/Saturday morning. I think we all know who the real loser is.

FUberman

You used to waver back and forth on becoming an Uber driver 1st in 2014, as indicated from this Oct 2014 post. Just because others chose to earn a living by driving Uber doesn't mean you have any right to judge on what they chose. You shouldn't patronize people doing a similar job that you are doing which is driving people from point A to Point B. In this post you mentioned that you are a great people person. A true great people person doesn't patronize others and act condescending for doing a similar kind of work you are doing.

Screenshot_20160716-184108.png

Uber Steve LV

You used to waver back and forth on becoming an Uber driver 1st in 2014, as indicated from this Oct 2014 post. Just because others chose to earn a living by driving Uber doesn't mean you have any right to judge on what they chose. You shouldn't patronize people doing a similar job that you are doing which is driving people from point A to Point B. In this post you mentioned that you are a great people person. A true great people person doesn't patronize others and act condescending for doing a similar kind of work you are doing.

View attachment 49396
Wow, what a well storied career, a UPS driver and then a cabbie, all before 45? You're really climbing up that corporate ladder. I'm impressed, truly impressed that by the age of 45, you were able to get $35k/year at UPS. Congrats, see guys, community college does pay off. 1 day you can go from UPS, a corporate gig with 401k, benefits, I'm sure some sort of pension being Union and all. But to give it up for the lustrious career of a Las Vegas cabbie. Well played sir, very well played.

gerg

Wow, what a well storied career, a UPS driver and then a cabbie, all before 45? You're really climbing up that corporate ladder. I'm impressed, truly impressed that by the age of 45, you were able to get $35k/year at UPS. Congrats, see guys, community college does pay off. 1 day you can go from UPS, a corporate gig with 401k, benefits, I'm sure some sort of pension being Union and all. But to give it up for the lustrious career of a Las Vegas cabbie. Well played sir, very well played.
UPS driver is a good job.

Lincoln Navigator L

If his injury happened while on the job at UPS, he may be collecting workers comp or disability for the rest of his life. Maybe he's driving cab under a different name/ID than the one that's being paid for the UPS injury. This might be a federal crime.

Dan K

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If his injury happened while on the job at UPS, he may be collecting workers comp or disability for the rest of his life. Maybe he's driving cab under a different name/ID than the one that's being paid for the UPS injury. This might be a federal crime.
lol...No....Workman comp does not work like that. Disability can but I'm not on that.

Dan K

I know, he quit to play taxi. That tells you his level of intelligence.
Leaving on an injury is not a sign of intelligence...staying on a sinking ship is however. Id say the ship is half-sunk for uber drivers right now. More rate cuts coming...making you XL drivers accept X....Wow. I never say that coming.

I have to admit....I'm a little mad FOR you guys. You guys are getting bent over by uber....and are still willing to driver for them. And the sad thing is that both of us know it won't stop and will only get worse.

So...the sad calls to "uber off" will do nothing.

You are willing to stay...

Hence why this thread exists.....

Sorry to compare it to what I saw as the closest thing I see it...we see lots of hooker/pimp scenarios in Vegas as some of you know.

Guess its strikes a nerve.

Dan K

I have a 401 k and insurance at the cab company. How about you? Oh yeah...paid vacation days...lots more. You?

Yeah....and this is why I choose cab. And I made a shit ton more then you too....