Uber is underpaying on non matched Pool rides

UberComic

Double check to make sure you are getting properly paid on Pool rides that aren't matched. I've caught a few and know others who have as well. Send an email to support to get it fixed.

Gretzky

I have been skipping all Pool rides as of late. Decided for what ever reason to take one this am. No match, and made $4 :rolleyes:

UberComic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been having the weirdest email exchange with support on a fare that should have been $48 that they paid off of $24

Ububu

Been having the weirdest email exchange with support on a fare that should have been $48 that they paid off of $24
Was there a note left by Uber under the blue triangle link? Or do you have to calculate everything out (mileage + time) yourself?

fork2323

I just went to Uber's LA office and they did confirm the minimum pool ride pays out only $0.80 cents and X2 Surge only pays $1.60... normal uber no surge pays $2.40... never doing pool again
Screenshot_2015-08-18-09-42-03.png

Ububu

I just went to Uber's LA office and they did confirm the minimum pool ride pays out only $0.80 cents and X2 Surge only pays $1.60... normal uber no surge pays $2.40... never doing pool again
Weird. I just checked a few of my recent small/min fare pool rides, and they're all coming in as $4+ before uber cut). Now, I'm confused..

soonsoon

I've been underpaid a few times and support did correct it. The problem is they won't correct it unless you tell them. they'll reply back saying " we have adjusted your fair. thank you for notifying us and please let us know of any other fare issues" UNBELIEVABLE! they are basically saying YES our fare calculations may be off time to time and we may UNDER pay you and unless you tell us of this mistake we will not correct it. *just wondering how much money they've stolen from other drivers who didnt check!? MILLIONS probably.

To remedy this headache, I reset my odometer and start my timer when the pool ride starts, then calculate total time and mileage at the end and check against fair paid. The things we have to RESORT to from keeping a 50 billion dollar company stealing our HARD earned SLAVE money because they have a faulty accounting program...OR is it? Maybe it part of the programs to undercalulate at certain intevals hoping drivers won't catch it.

UberComic

This trip was 35 miles and took over an hour. That fare was BS.

image.jpg

Last edited:

UberComic

They adjusted it to $38 because it's what the rider was quoted for the Pool. We're supposed to get UberX rates for the trip, not what they quoted expecting a match.

image.jpg

UberSneak

View attachment 11917

Absolutely unacceptable. I did a job for a rate that's already too low. Is it too much to expect to be paid what I was promised?
Uhm that needs to be $48.15. If their Uber Pool product is causing them to lose money, then they need to scrap it; not pay the drivers less. If that's what they quoted the pax, then that's great for the pax. But your rates are $1 per mile and .18 cents per minute, so pay me accordingly. Sorry, I'm kind of all over the place, I'm preparing what I'm gonna email them when this happens to me. Because I'm sure as hell going to do a pool ride, reject 2nd pax, and see if they do this. There was no announcement saying they were going to pay me less on Pool rides, in fact, the last pool ride email I received specifically states that I will be paid regular X rates even if no 2nd pickup is made.

uberski

I just went to Uber's LA office and they did confirm the minimum pool ride pays out only $0.80 cents and X2 Surge only pays $1.60... normal uber no surge pays $2.40... never doing pool again View attachment 11911
Officially cheaper than bus...wow this is depressing. Not like I needed anymore of a reason to hate pool rides but this is @@@@ing bullshit.

UberComic

Total BS. Find their own e mail where it states,
Pool rates are same as a X.
View attachment 11921
They are more than welcome to quote whatever they want, it's not our busines, just pay my $1/mil + $.18/min
I told them that. We aren't supposed to be taking the hit if the ride isn't matched. I took a route that didn't go out of the way, made no stops, and completed the job.

arto71

I'm pretty sure that $10 is not big of a deal for you,but what's agitates me is, their response and ignorance. Just few day ago my trip was missing, so I patiently waited few days and drop an email
Me. Uber my trip is missing and no where can be found. Time , date, $$, pick up and drop off
Uber. Don't worry we find it and resolve the issue ,you should see it soon.
Me. Thank you, but to be clear , did you find that exact trip?
Uber. To further assist you can you provide us a trip ID.
Me.If The trip is missing completely how am I supposed to provide the trip ID?
Uber. Just go to your resent trips.
Me. Completely, entirely,altogether,utterly
Uber.crickets.
Me. Uber I thought you said you find it and most importantly "resolved " the issue.So what did you find/resolve it?
Uber. Day 1 crickets.
Uber. Day 2 . Different CRS we're sorry for the trouble and inconvenience, you should see the amount on your next pay period with no uber commission .