Uber is Threatening to Walk Away from Settlement

F213

Uber feels their chances in the court of appeals is good to overturn Judge Chen's ruling regarding the arbitration clause and wants Chen to vacate his ruling or else.
Spoken like a true millenial corporation.

Edit: learn how it's done, kids. If you don't like something, curl your hands up in fists and jump up and down that it isn't fair. The outcome to your capricious actions.

Old Smokey

Although I would love to see what is behind curtain #1, I want my settlement money. Too many years in the corporate world where we did everything on the up and up. I don't trust FUBER Not to blow this whole company up. Leaving everyone holding the bag. Private equity, drivers and the rest of the lower food chain. Read the article about how FUBER CHINA employees found out about the merger.

UberIsAllFubared

Uber will probably win in this case, but will come off as a bully, and then local governments will step in and legislate ridesharing services out of business. Austin essentially did it, Chicago might, and if this ever happens in LA, the perfect city for rideshare because of the inaccessibility to a taxi at most places, then its bye bye uber. Los Angeles is the one city uber can not fail, and if it does, there goes the company.... I am still amazed that people actually get in a strangers car, and let them drive them somewhere. No finger prints. no quality control (oh wait, they do have quality control, the ratings system). LMAO

Uber and Lyft will eventually be regulated out of business by municipalities.

Tedgey

Uber will probably win in this case, but will come off as a bully, and then local governments will step in and legislate ridesharing services out of business. Austin essentially did it, Chicago might, and if this ever happens in LA, the perfect city for rideshare because of the inaccessibility to a taxi at most places, then its bye bye uber. Los Angeles is the one city uber can not fail, and if it does, there goes the company.... I am still amazed that people actually get in a strangers car, and let them drive them somewhere. No finger prints. no quality control (oh wait, they do have quality control, the ratings system). LMAO

Uber and Lyft will eventually be regulated out of business by municipalities.
Here's hoping!

Rat

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ge-says-it-s-ready-to-ditch-driver-settlement

I didn't see this topic touched on yet but if it has, my bad. Based on the article, Uber feels their chances in the court of appeals is good to overturn Judge Chen's ruling regarding the arbitration clause and wants Chen to vacate his ruling or else. Things are getting pretty interesting.
Or else what? Threatening a judge is always a wise legal tactic. Typical for an arrogant bastard like Travis Kalanick.

Rat

Although I would love to see what is behind curtain #1, I want my settlement money. Too many years in the corporate world where we did everything on the up and up. I don't trust FUBER Not to blow this whole company up. Leaving everyone holding the bag. Private equity, drivers and the rest of the lower food chain. Read the article about how FUBER CHINA employees found out about the merger.
So what are your plans for the $1.28 that is your share of the settlement?

UberIsAllFubared

The arrogance of uber is astounding, and only eclipsed by the "owners" (thieves) of Full Tilt Poker... how did that work out for them?

Uber is somewhat able to stay in business because of their margins, city governments will see to it that these margins disappear, just like they did in Austin. And its not like the drivers will come to bat for them either. The only people who actually like uber are uber pool riders, cause its almost as cheap as a bus.

Tedgey

eclipsed by the "owners" (thieves) of Full Tilt Poker... how did that work out for them
I think it worked out pretty well for them. Didn't they get to keep the loot or am I thinking of some other online poker fiasco?

Seriously, I was shocked - SHOCKED! when I learned there were some shenanigans in the online poker world.

Old Smokey

Perfect example of uber's arrogance, and what will get them in the end. Most reasonable people would say that uber drivers should be finger printed. The cost of doing this and other things municipalities will force uber to do will shut them down eventually.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/12/opinion/how-austin-beat-uber.html?_r=0
Amen to that!! I really feel the Fed's are going to go up there deep with NO KY someday soon. Federal lawyers have unlimited resources at their disposal. Someone is going to put together a good anti-trust allegation, then it will be "Come on with it female dog."

UberIsAllFubared

I think it worked out pretty well for them. Didn't they get to keep the loot or am I thinking of some other online poker fiasco?

Seriously, I was shocked - SHOCKED! when I learned there were some shenanigans in the online poker world.
They all settled with the government, and supposidly didn't get to keep any of the loot they stole, but you are probably right, they probably did.

Bitar is the only one who pled guilty to wire fraud and bank fraud.

Tedgey

They all settled with the government, and supposidly didn't get to keep any of the loot they stole, but you are probably right, they probably did.

Bitar is the only one who pled guilty to wire fraud and bank fraud.
Can you imagine you're playing online poker and you don't have any idea who you're playing against and it turns out you're playing against one of the top poker players in the world... also, HE CAN SEE YOUR CARDS!!!!

UberIsAllFubared

Can you imagine you're playing online poker and you don't have any idea who you're playing against and it turns out you're playing against one of the top poker players in the world... also, HE CAN SEE YOUR CARDS!!!!
Seriously, I had 5 grand stuck on there for a couple of years. Thank God for Poker Stars, and their desire to be allowed in the USA market when it opens, which it never will, :frown: , or I would have never seen my money.

Like I said, these were the only people more arrogant than uber. Its sad really, cause there could be money to be made by all if they were so arrogant.