• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchhiker

With more than 70% of the market share and billions in revenue, Uber will outperform Lyft by many fold for years to come. Why not join the partnership for a bright future?
You're not outperforming Lyft in my City. I run both Lyft/Uber apps. Lyft keeps me way more busy than Uber, with hardly no wait time for pings. Paxs have told me Uber is generally more expensive then Lyft, which clearly explains why Lyft keeps me more busy.

With the "billions in revenue," you would think Uber could afford to give their drivers an amp & jacket like Lyft does.

Last edited:

Cableguynoe

With more than 70% of the market share and billions in revenue, Uber will outperform Lyft by many fold for years to come. Why not join the partnership for a bright future?
Don't worry Dara.

Lyft is like the hot girlfriend we all have on the side. You probably have a few.

But Uber is the one we want to spend our life with.

Keep up the good work!

Not here. Lyft is the ride of choice as far as business goes.
Listening to riders I get the same 3 reasons that they choose Lyft.
1> Lyft is less expensive.
2> Most of the time, a Lyft is closer.
3> Uber has a lot of horror stories.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cableguynoe , Thanks for your continued participation.

Cancellation fees were determined to be a fair compensation to a driver's time and inconvenience. To avoid misuse, we try to keep it at a reasonable level.

Rushmanyyz

Tell you what, you keep sending reasonable quests my way and we might have a deal. It might help to feel a little more valuable to you as well. I'm constantly in fear of being stuck without work everytime a rider sneezes in my car. I know we're contractors but, we aren't making enough to afford anything beyond subsistence.

The facts remain, we don't drive for Uber full time because there isn't enough security. We all need part time jobs just incase the car needs repairs. We're forever one bad day away from complete ruin.

The quests help in making this, as a part time gig, work - similar to how surge used to. If you can afford to keep the quests up, I can probably afford to keep Uber up as well.

TDR

You're not outperforming Lyft in my City. I run both Lyft/Uber apps. Lyft keeps me way more busy than Uber, with hardly no wait time for pings. Paxs have told me Uber is generally more expensive then Lyft, which clearly explains why Lyft keeps me more busy.

With the "billions in revenue," you would think Uber could afford to give their drivers an amp & jacket like Lyft does.
Please don’t believe you pax!!!! Uber is future of mess :-)

Are you Dara? :-)

BigRedDriver

Earlier today I contracted a rare flesh eating bacteria. By this time tomorrow I’m expecting to be a puddle on the floor.

So my question is.

Will I be deactivated? And if so, can I still use those Starbucks BOGO’s?

METRO3

How come if a diver takes a different route than the app his fair gets reduced and looses his earnings? How come your rating system is so rediculously unfair? How come you deactivate drivers without a real explaination? How come I can't exclude a bad rating? Why do you think u will be around in 5 years? Ur losing a shit load of money each quarter. Don't u think your investors will get tired of waiting for you to make money?
This is why lyft is better than you. They don't increase the fare of the pax or reduce the fare of the driver for taking another route
SmartSelect_20181210-231240_Lyft Driver.jpg

Mista T

Author
I will admit that there are many things where Uber beats Lyft at, hands down. But there are plenty of things going the other way as well. And when the solutions seem so obvious to the hundreds of thousands of people who drive regularly, we can't help but wonder why simple things can't be addressed and improved.

Dropking

Last i heard uber is losing billions, and my money is on waymo to put you out of business. Meanwhile, only an idiot would not drive for both companies.

Implement scheduled ride pickups and i will move my needle more toward uber. Ubers scheduled rides are a marketing gimmick and farce, unlike lyft. By golly ive moved a lot of uber scheduled ride customers to lyft because of how you deceive them, gleefully explained each and every time.

mbd

If a pax cancels a run- charge them 3 dollars... no 2 minutes allowed... 3$ goes to driver
Streak bonus- if a U/l drivers takes 100 straight pings with no declines, acceptance rate at 100%, he or she gets $50 bonus.
Scheduled runs- good runs
Offer a scheduled run via text , 30$or more . If the driver cancels the run after accepting it, he pays U/l 30$ or more. Driver cancels 2 hours before the run, he only pays u/l $15
Make it a performance based business
Only 1 scheduled run per day allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.