Uber is the new Dominoes

whippet

Can't wait to finish up! Uber are robbing us hardworking people. Just did $100 in 5 hours! They are underpaying contractors, it's no different than what dominoes and 7/11 have done. Only difference the rate looks slightly better because it's not taking into account all out running costs. Two or three days a week you can make acceptable rates. The other four days it's below a minimum wage.

It's got to the point where I'm so disillusioned with the company that I can't wait for them to go broke!

uber_driver

Can't wait to finish up! Uber are robbing us hardworking people. Just did $100 in 5 hours! They are underpaying contractors, it's no different than what dominoes and 7/11 have done. Only difference the rate looks slightly better because it's not taking into account all out running costs. Two or three days a week you can make acceptable rates. The other four days it's below a minimum wage.

It's got to the point where I'm so disillusioned with the company that I can't wait for them to go broke!

we will throw a party when it does

roober

Which hours did you work, and who rostered you on for those hours?

soontobeautomated

Which hours did you work, and who rostered you on for those hours?

I think you need to read this thread in context of the app issues many drivers are having that Fuber do not acknowledge until you can pester them and wait, then wait some more.

As you bring up rostering - they would have people that know areas of peak demand and underwhelming demand. Most businesses would share this with valued partners. (And I am not talking about the usual AM and PM peak periods in core areas). Certainly Dominos do - and roster accordingly. Fubers attitude is to flood the streets with ants and burn precious finite resources at your expense while they withhold information beneficial to drivers.

EyesWIDEopen

$100 for 5 hours...??!!?
Did you sit at the airport all day as planes were cancelled...?????

whippet

6am to 8am I'd made $10 bucks from northern beaches. Sitting at narrabeen beach carpark!

Doesn't matter which way people choose to look at it. Every single one of us, is earning Below a minimum hourly wage. The only excepting being for some hours at peak times during the weekend. Even at $30 per hour it's a minimum wage.

EyesWIDEopen

6am to 8am I'd made $10 bucks from northern beaches. Sitting at narrabeen beach carpark!

Doesn't matter which way people choose to look at it. Every single one of us, is earning Below a minimum hourly wage. The only excepting being for some hours at peak times during the weekend. Even at $30 per hour it's a minimum wage.
Whip, probably not a good idea to be hanging out at the beach at narra waiting for a ping...
Did you see any whales migrating north...???
Anyone catch a kingfish on a hand reel...???
Narra is dead at that time because everyone is getting buses and the tight arses live in units...
Best to hang out where it's too far to walk to buses, Plateau, Cromer, Mona, El Heights...
I'm NB Like you so remember that there is no ferries, trains and cabs just suck.. Lol

Avago

we will throw a party when it does
And then what will you do?
Queue at Centrelink?
Apply for another job?
As I have said for well over 2 years as an Uber driver and however long I've been on the UP forum, Uber can help fill a gap if you've found yourself between jobs and uber can work very well a side gig when you have a main job, but as ones long term main gig, it's not sustainable.
Your mental, physical and financial health will eventually suffer.
If you can't wait for Uber to implode, why not just preempt that even by starting the process that you'll find yourself in when it does.

uber_driver

And then what will you do?
Queue at Centrelink?
Apply for another job?
As I have said for well over 2 years as an Uber driver and however long I've been on the UP forum, Uber can help fill a gap if you've found yourself between jobs and uber can work very well a side gig when you have a main job, but as ones long term main gig, it's not sustainable.
Your mental, physical and financial health will eventually suffer.
If you can't wait for Uber to implode, why not just preempt that even by starting the process that you'll find yourself in when it does.
centerlink is good
we would probably make more than uber

EyesWIDEopen

I know one thing is guaranteed it will fall over like a pack of dominos
Or a house of cards...
Just need the big bad wolf to huff and puff and blow the house down...
Also whippet I have absolutely no fondness in the x rated ending were the wolf eats the grandmother...

Moral to the story is work harder before the whole shithouse goes up in flames, so that you can provide ample food and shelter for your loved ones...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170916-071233.png
    Screenshot_20170916-071233.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 31

$30 per hour is minimum wage? In what world do you live in?

You're a uber driver because you have no qualifications and you're paid what your worth.

Grow up kid.

[email protected]

$30 per hour is minimum wage? In what world do you live in?

You're a uber driver because you have no qualifications and you're paid what your worth.

Grow up kid.
Lol good call.
If you want minimum wage go and work for Kmart. We all like to have a whinge about uber but it is what it is and we do it willingly. Complaining about minimum wages is just a silly argument.

fields

The Narrabeen beach carpark between 6am and 8am, whilst probably a terrific vantage point for perving on the many Northern Beaches beauties, is not and has never been, an Uber core area.

I would take this post a lot more seriously had the OP been sitting at the Bondi beach carpark between 6am and 8 am earning a miserly $10.

Phatboy

We work with a company that doesn't make a profit yet.

Our customers, many who think we are not cheap, have heaps of options, including the taxis we compete against.
There don't seem to be too many well paid or even rich taxi drivers out there...

Some of us want a guaranteed income for going out and sitting around waiting for customers, no doubt with penalty rates and weekend loadings...... Realistic? I don't think so. Who would pay?

whippet

I should have added that 46 minutes of that time was inside my house in the northern beaches. I'm not that stupid! Have normally always got rides in that area st that time on a Friday. I'm having a month break now to travel Australia for business. I'd never put my eggs in one basket with uber obviously. $30 an hour is a Minimum rate, if you can't see that you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. Someone got the maths for what we make after tax and costs for earnings of $30 per hour?