Uber is testing out a new 1-800 number for people who don’t use apps

Another Uber Driver

They were mentioning it on WTOP. Many of the people who still call for a cab by telephone are older and are confused by the smart telephone. Uber wants their money, as well.

Younger people are using cabs, they just summon them by application. In this market, they use Uber Taxi or Curb.

Another Uber Driver

Isn’t this called dispatch service?
It is funny that you raise this.

Title 31 does distinguish between "telephone" dispatch and "digital" "dispatch" services. One such distinction is that the cab driver does get to charge a two dollar call fee for rendering taxicab service in response to a telephone call. The regulations specifically prohibit the cab driver from charging that two dollars for rendering service in response to an application summons. Said regulations do allow the provider of the application based service to charge a "user fee". Thus, I can not charge two dollars for any summons that I accept from Uber Taxi or Curb. Uber Taxi does charge the user a two dollar "user fee", which is the same as the current call fee. I am not sure what Curb charges, but a figure of two dollars seventy five does come to mind.

Real dispatch requires a human being who knows what he is doing actually dispatching the calls. All of this electronic/digital/satellite/computer based stuff is just "call assignment" regardless of who is using it (limousine companies, cab companies, transportation network companies, sedan services...........whoever..........).

They're trying to undercut GoGoGrandparent
Neither Fubar nor Gryft has offered me a Go-Go Grandparent job in some time. I was wondering if GGGP had gone to some other transportation provider. To read what posters here put up on these boards, most drivers either would not accept them or cancelled after acceptance. I wonder if the figures among the ants were similar.

rv5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
if you don't want anymore gogo parent rides, just rate them 1 star. lyft won't match you with them again.

Another Uber Driver

if you don't want anymore gogo parent rides, just rate them 1 star. lyft won't match you with them again.
At one point, GGGP was also using Uber, here, but, I can not recall if ever I received a request on Uber. I can recall one or two on Lyft.

They were mentioning it on WTOP. Many of the people who still call for a cab by telephone are older and are confused by the smart telephone. Uber wants their money, as well.

Younger people are using cabs, they just summon them by application. In this market, they use Uber Taxi or Curb.
Uber is doing too much.
Post automatically merged:

Wings heal the soul, man.
Soul chicken
Screenshot_20200219-194755.png
Screenshot_20200219-194755.png

@1000×surgeRichmondtoDC we went to Choong Man Chicken in Germantown for lunch it’s good. Maybe even better than BonChon. @Carnivore Deluxe
You like that onion sause?.

@1000×surgeRichmondtoDC we went to Choong Man Chicken in Germantown for lunch it’s good. Maybe even better than BonChon. @Carnivore Deluxe
Lets do Lorton Choongman Chimac meet up.

Or centreville.

Or centreville.
Oh right the one on H st will be perfect spot for shuffling.

Or centreville.

I knew the owner, old guy he passed away and his wife runs the business.

New2This

Or centreville.

I knew the owner, old guy he passed away and his wife runs the business.
This is JayJaying on steroids