• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber is testing an on-demand staffing business called Uber Works

BurgerTiime

Last edited by a moderator:

tohunt4me

Full story: https://theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/10/18/17995398/uber-works-staffing-business-test-trial

Uber is testing an on-demand staffing business called Uber Works, according to the Financial Times. The service would make it possible for businesses to hire short-term workers for things like “events and corporate functions, such as waiters or security guards,” the report says. The company is trialing the service in Chicago after testing it in Los Angeles earlier this year.
Manpower.
LaborFinder pays cash daily.

Will they get free Uber Rides to their Uber jobs ?

At least this is more Viable than " Scooters " in Winter !

lol another "pivot" from one failed venture to another. This company is so comical. Every other day there is something new to laugh at.
This could actually work.
I approve of this venture.
So
They probably WONT do it . . .

Manpower stock is decent.
Offered to employees.

This is a " Real Business"
I think Uber should do it.

( wouldnt mind getting into temp. Employee sales & promotions in my city !)

Someone has to load cruise ships, set up convention tables, make beds at hotel,roll out astro turf at superdome.

Uber SHOULD have done this long ago !

Count ME IN . if they go for it.

Uber could establish 3-5 thousand temp. Positions in New Orleans area within a month ! I am Certain. They already have a base of " underemployed" with Transportation.

*Ping*

45 mins away

Jack in the Box needs a cashier.

Store rating ________
Temp work can pay. Depending on your skills. Event Electrician $24.00 hr. 8 days a month. Unload ships 8 days month. Must have Twics card.
Vaccum jets . . . etc.

I personally have been hired by Halliburton & Schlumberger through temp. Service work " between jobs"
Temp work can get your foot in the door.
What you do after that, is up to you.

Temp. Work COMBINED with Uber driving COULD provide a Sustainable living.

x100

Let say you were in business and made 500k net in 2-3 years and decided to move on, would that be a failure ? I don't think Uber has had in mind the welfare of its workers or IC but if the come ahead with IPO and pocket their money they have succeeded and can dabble with another idea or an extension of the same idea. They're only accountable to their investors not the public unless they go public.

lol another "pivot" from one failed venture to another. This company is so comical. Every other day there is something new to laugh at.

tohunt4me

Let say you were in business and made 500k net in 2-3 years and decided to move on, would that be a failure ? I don't think Uber has had in mind the welfare of its workers or IC but if the come ahead with IPO and pocket their money they have succeeded and can dabble with another idea or an extension of the same idea. They're only accountable to their investors not the public unless they go public.
I LOVE this Idea.
100%
Why didnt they DO IT YEARS AGO ?
They HAVE THE INFRASTRUCTURE.

Uber GREENLIGHT JOB FAIR HUBS !

x100

THey already have vetted many and have their personal info. Temp staffing/hiring is a huge business. They don't even have to pay an agency to find qualified ppl. They will eventually spin off assets that can stand alone and turned into something tangible.

tohunt4me

THey already have vetted many and have their personal info. Temp staffing/hiring is a huge business. They don't even have to pay an agency to find qualified ppl. They will eventually spin off assets that can stand alone and turned into something tangible.
Yup. I think Uber Temp. Could be as big as Uber itself.
If managed right.
I want in.
Referral fees ????

I could Become an Uber " Head Hunter".
They should DO THIS.
I would put effort into building this.
As i did uber driving before it was legal.

x100

I used to think Uber has taken over after US army as being the largest employer, since the US is not really doing ground-level fighting anymore, Uber is the largest employer or hiring contractor to be accurate ; with so much money and fresh brains like Dara they will dabble with many ideas. I think they could take losses to a degree on uber as rideshare and try other ventures.

Yup. I think Uber Temp. Could be as big as Uber itself.
If managed right.
I want in.
Referral fees ????

I could Become an Uber " Head Hunter".
They should DO THIS.
LOL are you pulling my leg, with this last comment I am not sure; I still dislike uber but looking at it from their commitment to their investors point of view.

tohunt4me

I used to think Uber has taken over after US army as being the largest employer, since the US is not really doing ground-level fighting anymore, Uber is the largest employer; with so much money and fresh brains like Dara they will dabble with many ideas. I think they could take losses to a degree on uber as rideshare and try other ventures.

LOL are you pulling my leg, with this last comment I am not sure; I still dislike uber but looking at it from their commitment to their investors point of view.
I am Serious.
This SHOULD BE DONE.

Would Love to be a part of building it.

Combined with Uber rides, employment opportunities could extend to the projects. Would be A Social Feather in Ubers cap.

x100

Next thing you know that Prince fellow from blackwaters who is active in Afghanistan project be given a post and head that portion of company; the foreign affairs. Prince was a big hiring agent for independent forces in Iraq.

heynow321

boober wishes they've made a $500k profit

tohunt4me

Do you realize how many temp. Workers WAL MART alone will need for Christmas Season !?
Uber needs to Move Now !

If Uber did this.
It would change MY mind about potential value of an Uber I.P.O.

This is something Uber SHOULD be able to develop Rapidly. They are already " established" in the right areas.

Has tremendous growth potential due to trickle down to smaller territories.

x100

^ I workedd for a company who dropped a working system for 300k total in 1990 for Adia temp and perm staffing. Adia was the largest employment Co. in Europe. In the US they go by Addeco group. The whole software was designed by half dozen ppl and testers. Addeco was using that system when I walked into one of their shops in Los Angeles years ago.

Done very easily, it's not really a big deal.

tohunt4me

Imagine Uber collecting $8.00 an hour.
Times 4. For guys collecting shopping buggies at wal mart.
Times EVERY STORE IN THE COUNTRY.
Uber better roll it out pre Thanksgiving.

x100

One online application could match you against 1000s of jobs. If you were to do the app at their offices back then you could always come back to complete it if left unfinished and matched you for up to 8 job families and logged ur skill sets within ea job family. At the end would kick off two reports, a probing report (applicant view of theft, morale etc) and one other I guess was overall qualifications.
For 1990 this was revolutionary.