Uber is Taking More Officially!!! More than Just the Commission!

JustStef

Apparently the last addendum allows Uber to charge whatever they want to the customer and leave the driver out!

That means we the drivers are getting whatever the price, whether it be flat rates or surge only. Anything above that , lets say up front pricing, where the customer agrees to pay more than trip cost ( miles plus time ). Uber says that it is their business with the customer and we are not entitled to any of that money. They can charge what they want as long as we get the agreed upon price per mile and minute. Anything above that they keep!

Example???

This customer was charged $39.27
I made $22.62 on the trip. Uber is supposed to take 20% from me since I've been driving for over 2 years. It appears that Uber took 48%. This was at lax and lax takes $4 from every ride. You can deduct $4. from what the customer paid, $35.27.

$35.27
-$22.62
_______
$12.65

This is approximately 48%.

CHECK YOUR PAY!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170907-215502.png
    Screenshot_20170907-215502.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20170907-215516(2).jpeg
    Screenshot_20170907-215516(2).jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20170907-215536.jpeg
    Screenshot_20170907-215536.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20170907-215606.png
    Screenshot_20170907-215606.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 55

SorryBluetoothOnly

Apparently the last addendum allows Uber to charge whatever they want to the customer and leave the driver out!

That means we the drivers are getting whatever the price, whether it be flat rates or surge only. Anything above that , lets say up front pricing, where the customer agrees to pay more than trip cost ( miles plus time ). Uber says that it is their business with the customer and we are not entitled to any of that money. They can charge what they want as long as we get the agreed upon price per mile and minute. Anything above that they keep!

Example???

I made $22.62 on the trip. Uber is supposed to take 20% from me since I've been driving for over 2 years. It appears that Uber took 48%. This was at lax and lax takes $4 from every ride. You can deduct $4. from what the customer paid, $35.27.

$35.27
-$22.62
_______
$12.65

CHECK YOUR PAY!

You're like Christopher Columbus. You didn't get there first or probably even second. But they'll remember your name :wink:

J. S. Bach

This is truly disgusting. And I don't mean Uberlala over stuffing his piehole with popcorn. None of us signed up for that. We all signed up for a service where the price and the pay were married. The pax app still say $.90/ mile and $.22/ minute so they're getting lied to as well.

And on top of that uberlala can't even eat popcorn right

UberLaLa

This is truly disgusting. And I don't mean Uberlala over stuffing his piehole with popcorn. None of us signed up for that. We all signed up for a service where the price and the pay were married. The pax app still say $.90/ mile and $.22/ minute so they're getting lied to as well.

And on top of that uberlala can't even eat popcorn right

.15 cents a minute and how's this~

colbert-popcorn.gif

JustStef

I guess you haven't seen any of the other 200+ threads in the forum on this exact same topic?
I want people to note. We should start a thread just posting how uber is taking advantage of its driver and that is proof. We have to take a stand.

There is no incentive for them to raise the rates. They keep giving themselves raises at our expense. Where are all the drivers that this happening too?
We could have used your help when we were protesting at City Hall this last Tuesday!

ryant18

Pax app surges all the time. Just driver app never surges. If they have enough drivers covering all areas, they don't need to pay us any surge. If Uber wants more cars on the road, they'll throw some fake surge to get us out there, and it'll disappear in a few minutes. This company is evil I'm telling you. A lot of customers are pissed off at their tactics. I tell all my passengers they're getting ripped off. If we all share the news, then a new company will surely come along.

Misaelz28

Example???

$35.27
-$22.62
_______
$12.65

CHECK YOUR PAY!

Read this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170908-004340.png
    Screenshot_20170908-004340.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 80

doraemon666

Pax should be more pissed off than drivers honestly. Uber is ripping off the pax, and simply not cutting the drivers in on the scam, which is fine by me. I don't want to be guilty by association, and I have let a few pax know they're getting hustled.

Drivers should care even if we don't get a cut of the over-inflated fares. Because this directly affects the demand when they quote high prices to PAX which means less pings for drivers. The market is already saturated and they are just making it worse.

SoccerDad23

Pax told me he pai $15 bucks for this trip smdh
Check out the fare details on that. if it doesn't show that the pax paid around $15, screenshot it for the potential lawsuit. Make sure you get the trip ID number in the shot.

I know People clicked to agree to a BS, non- legal agreement, but when the waybills are faked, that's a different type of fraud akin into cooking the books. Something that can definitely be pursued in court.

Pinapple Man

Example???

$35.27
-$22.62
_______
$12.65

CHECK YOUR PAY!

The "new addendum" is which number now? 2000? The same way they say it is their business and deal with the customer, perhaps the drivers should know how much they are going to get paid before the trip starts. Those of you who scream for a union or want to shut it down, here is a reason to shut it down.