Uber is playing dirty!!!

lamster

Came out to drive tonight for the hourly guarantee till 11pm, 100% acceptance rate (10 trips in 4 hours, 90% acceptance rate to qualify) till uber sent me two quick fake ping(request) on 10:58pm, both time I push to accept and it show "request expired". I am afraid that uber playing dirty trick to screw me and not paying. Then I might end up with around $40 net for four hours tonight. Sad!!!

UPDATED !!!
Yessssss, My feeling was right that Uber screwed me on not paying my hourly guarantee hours bonus by sending me two bogus fake requests in last two minutes to lowered my acceptance rate to 83%. And my four hours of driving wasted in just two mins. Thanks Uber, job well done!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Euius

Am I the last to notice that partners.uber.com now shows acceptance rate and driver cancellations for the week?

Because it does...

Uberdancer

Came out to drive tonight for the hourly guarantee till 11pm, 100% acceptance rate (10 trips in 4 hours, 90% acceptance rate to qualify) till uber sent me two quick fake ping(request) on 10:58pm, both time I push to accept and it show "request expired". I am afraid that uber playing dirty trick to screw me and not paying. Then I might end up with around $40 net for four hours tonight. Sad!!!
I know, huh!! Dirty players always get away with cheating ... Declining and canceling rides because the destination is too far, or it's not surging because Uber doesn't want to pay for the distance and mileage, as well as the surge prices, so they decline and cancel the ride before you can start the ride ...
Dirty, dirty, dirty!!!

Uberdancer

Uber playing dirty is old news. Now if there was a title called, "Uber is playing clean, and looks out for the best interests for their drivers", I would be in awe...
It wouldn't sell though ... drivers are always looking to maximize their profits so they'll only drive the surge, declining and canceling rides they find were not surging, or if the distance is too far and risking dead miles back ...

So, Uber started playing hardball and implemented the guaranteed hourly rates, "Power Driver thingamajigger," and another incentive about getting 1.8x or something, AND lowering the rates so more people would call cars, especially those in the lower middle income neighborhoods who would ordinarily take the bus, but find pooling is cheaper and faster and more fun than riding the crowded, slow moving bus ...

But now it seems the guaranteed hourly fares and the "Power Driver whatever," and the other thing, is working so well that there are some fishy shenanigans to prevent drivers from reaching those incentives ...

It would appear the surge-only tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber driver dudes have begun to take advantage of the incentives so Uber begins to play the same game ... Quid Pro Quo ... or CARMA!!!

Uberdancer

Uber never plays dirty just follow the rules and get paid bonuses
Unfortunately some drivers have "abused" the surge so Uber lowers the fares so riders will ride and Uber implements the guarantees and "Power Driver whichimajigger" and that other one ... So for a few bad apples we all must suffer this indignity and ignobly low fares ...

manuella

image.png
I went online at 5pm and this was the first ping lol kicking him out or cancelling the trip wasn't an option he was an older guy , this happened on Monday as well when I only had 2 hour window for my guarantee.

He was on the phone the entire time , super wealthy from his convo in town for business uh before you ask no there was no tip lol

Bill Stevens

Happens to me all the time too. Doesn't seem to affect my acceptance rate. Careful when helping pax with the trunk. I've missed stacked ride requests and pool requests because of that.
agree with you about going for the trunk and getting hit with a request (missing it and hurting my acceptance). What about going offline prior to helping the pax with the trunk? Any reason not to?

Patrick Swayze

agree with you about going for the trunk and getting hit with a request (missing it and hurting my acceptance). What about going offline prior to helping the pax with the trunk? Any reason not to?
I just bring the phone out to the trunk with me. I have a phone mount that allows me to easily remove and replace my phone.

elelegido

I log every single ping in a notebook when I'm doing hourly bonuses. I've seen that some bonus blocks where I accepted every single ping, my acceptance rate gets reported as 92%, 95% etc.