1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber is now facing at least five criminal probes by U.S. authorities

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Oct 11, 2017.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    https://www.fastcompany.com/4047979...least-five-criminal-probes-by-u-s-authorities
    [​IMG]

Previously it was known that Uber was facing three criminal probes in the U.S., Bloombergreports. The probes are exploring the company’s use of potentially illicit software and bribing overseas officials in Malaysia. But now, Bloomberg says they’ve learned that the company is facing two additional criminal probes:

Bloomberg has learned that authorities are asking questions about whether Uber violated price-transparency laws, and officials are separately looking into the company’s role in the alleged theft of schematics and other documents outlining Alphabet Inc.’s autonomous-driving technology.

And that’s not considering all the civil lawsuits proceeding against the company. It looks like Uber’s CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has a long road in front of him.MG

2. Drivincrazy

Drivincrazy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I wonder if the dual, upfront fare pricing scheme will fall under criminal or civil action. There was no mention of dual accounting when I signed up.

3. Spotscat

Spotscat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Why do I have the feeling that I'm onboard RMS Titanic and we've just stuck the iceberg?

4. Jesusdrivesuber

Jesusdrivesuber Well-Known Member

I wonder what their profits margin will be this year, heh.

If I know d0nd0n better, getting deactivated from uber is going to set him on a crusade to release a bomb during the most profitable season, the only question is Halloween or new years?

tohunt4me likes this.
  5. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    At least you own your own life boat and can drive away, unless you lease your life boat through xchange or hertz, then you will die

tohunt4me likes this.

6. Maven

Maven Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Longer version of same article
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...the-limits-of-the-law-now-comes-the-reckoning
    Uber Pushed the Limits of the Law. Now Comes the Reckoning
    The ride-hailing company faces at least five U.S. probes, two more than previously reported, and the new CEO will need to dig the company out of trouble. Uber has unleashed forces that are now dragging Uber back to down to earth. Uber faces at least five criminal probes from the Justice Department—two more than previously known ...

7. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Uber will only lose 2.5 billion.
    Winning!

Kalee and tohunt4me like this.
  8. STMNine

STMNine Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Still got nothing on Enron... at least they stayed in business for over 15 years.

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    It's not as bad as it seems. Just think of Lyft as the Carpathia and it's only 1 download away instead of 4 hours. All the pax and the entire crew will be saved however a captain always goes down with the ship.

1rightwinger likes this.
  10. roadman

roadman Well-Known Member

the feds start digging deep they going to find a ton. good luck with that IPO.

MoreTips likes this.
  11. TimyTim

TimyTim Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    When will Travis be indicted?

MoreTips likes this.
  12. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

13. LiveNLearn

LiveNLearn Well-Known Member

And it will only take them 45 years to figure it out and stop their wrong doings.

14. Uberyouber

Uberyouber Well-Known Member

More like the Hindenburg.
    Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

15. Johnny Brick

Johnny Brick Active Member

If I charged people prices on what o think that particular person would pay, I would be on jail already not to mention labeled a racist etc etc because you know uber is charging less in some hoods and more on others and that is racism and reverse racism

MoreTips likes this.
  16. whooowhooo

whooowhooo Member

Has anybody seen where Uber took NOTHING - ZERO from the ride? And the driver got the whole fare? Just asking.

17. Kalee

Kalee Well-Known Member

Now that's funny. lol

I have a hunch that the 1 percenters of the world that have been swindled by the pile of dung we know as Travis, have a more gruesome end planned for him than a mere indicting

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  18. sss

sss Member

They will probably get slaps on the wrist.

TimyTim likes this.