Uber is in Violation of our Driver Contracts w/Pool

UberLaLa

Our contracts as Drivers on the Uber platform guarantees us a set percentage (depending on each Driver's sign-up/contract) of PAID FARE.

Uber has changed the amount they pay on Pool to Drivers over the past months. They are charging each passenger per mile plus per minute, but only paying us for miles/minutes driven from Point A (pick-up of first Pool passenger) to Point B (drop of final Pool passenger).

THIS IS A BREACH OF OUR CONTRACT.

arto71

Thry
Our contracts as Drivers on the Uber platform guarantees us a set percentage (depending on each Driver's sign-up/contract) of PAID FARE.

Uber has changed the amount they pay on Pool to Drivers over the past months. They are charging each passenger per mile plus per minute, but only paying us for miles/minutes driven from Point A (pick-up of first Pool passenger) to Point B (drop of final Pool passenger).

THIS IS A BREACH OF OUR CONTRACT.
not charging pax per mile or min.
According same contract we get paid per mil and min ,which they do.

UberLaLa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You get paid for that too.
It was no coincidence that they lowered per mil and min few months ago and got rid of no pools to northern OC and western I.E. .
Whoever wrote the contract is genius , it is designed to screw us.
I do not believe we get paid for those miles/minutes. I think Uber pays us for Point A of first pick up to Point B of last drop; with no consideration of extra time/miles driven in between. No?

XUberMike

Uber and their flotilla of attorneys have figured out a way to legally screw over their partners by turning us into a shuttle by paying us time and mileage from point A to B. The problem is they came to the brilliant conclusion not to charge pax in this time/mileage manner (even though we know this is how they determine the cost) and to shove as many flat rate pax as they can onto our shuttle vehicle.

Not to worry uberpool is brand new and they're constantly looking for our feedback to make it better so please feel free to let Uber know what they can do to make Uber pool better.

How about a extra $.40 a mile for every paying pax over 1 while they are in our car. Make drivers want to pick people up.

Last edited:

arto71

I do not believe we get paid for those miles/minutes. I think Uber pays us for Point A of first pick up to Point B of last drop; with no consideration of extra time/miles driven in between. No?
Wrong . Easiest way to find out is , to check your total miles and minuets when your first pick up is your last drop off.
We get paid by our actual miles and minuets driven .

Tedgey

We do get paid for those miles. From pickup number one to the last drop. Included in that time to and from additional drops

UberLaLa

Then I stand corrected. But, it still sucks. Because our deal originally was to be paid based on the fare. E.g. Surge fares.

Tedgey

Then I stand corrected. But, it still sucks. Because our deal originally was to be paid based on the fare. E.g. Surge fares.
This is an edited post and your edit did you a disservice.

"Then I stand corrected. But, it still sucks."

This is a message which increases it's capacity to teach with every retelling

arto71

I
understand what you're saying, but you're coming from totally wrong angle, per mil and min is where uber doesn't cheat.
Had you said our contract states, that we should only pay 20% commission on each accepted ride, maybe you'd have valid argument, but even with that in the same contract it states that we should only get $ .85 per mil and $ .11 per min.

KekeLo

Uber and their flotilla of attorneys have figured out a way to legally screw over their partners by turning us into a shuttle by paying us time and mileage from point A to B. The problem is they came to the brilliant conclusion not to charge pax in this time/mileage manner (even though we know this is how they determine the cost) and to shove as many flat rate pax as they can onto our shuttle vehicle.

Not to worry uberpool is brand new and they're constantly looking for our feedback to make it better so please feel free to let Uber know what they can do to make Uber pool better.

How about a extra $.40 a mile for every paying pax over 1 while they are in our car. Make drivers want to pick people up.

Yes, and what about when you go out of your way to pick one of those jerks up, and they cancel. You don't get paid for that mess.

Too Many Miles

I

understand what you're saying, but you're coming from totally wrong angle, per mil and min is where uber doesn't cheat.
Had you said our contract states, that we should only pay 20% commission on each accepted ride, maybe you'd have valid argument, but even with that in the same contract it states that we should only get $ .85 per mil and $ .11 per min.
We are not paid based on rate per mile and minute. Riders are charged based on that, we get a percentage of it which works the same was when surge pricing is applied. We are supposed to get 75 or 80% of the fare, regardless of how Uber decides to charge it.

UberLaLa

We are not paid based on rate per mile and minute. Riders are charged based on that, we get a percentage of it which works the same was when surge pricing is applied. We are supposed to get 75 or 80% of the fare, regardless of how Uber decides to charge it.
My incorrect assumption, too. UberX, yes....UberPool, no :frown: