• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber is hiring Partner Support Reps (Edited: and for other positions)

Old Rocker

I googled UberEats Houston, and there was an article in bizjournal in early August where the journalist said he saw an Uber job opening for Manager for UberEats in Houston. He said Uber confirmed they expected to start up in the Fall.

There are also a few other Uber job openings in Houston such as partner support rep and a position, I don't remember the title, that would be the big boss over operations. They want a "roll up the sleeves and kick ass" (or something like that) person for that job. It sounds like one of those 80-100 hour a week jobs where you burn out after two years and get PTSD and they throw you away for non-performance.

The job opening list is huge, but it is for all jobs globally. There are also CSR jobs for places that don't have Uber right now (like Midland, TX, where I used to live). So just by looking through the job openings, you can get an idea of where Uber plans to expand to.

Over on the Austin forum, when I asked, they said driving for UberEats during lunch hour was a decent gig.

GoneUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I googled UberEats Houston, and there was an article in bizjournal in early August where the journalist said he saw an Uber job opening for Manager for UberEats in Houston. He said Uber confirmed they expected to start up in the Fall.

There are also a few other Uber job openings in Houston such as partner support rep and a position, I don't remember the title, that would be the big boss over operations. They want a "roll up the sleeves and kick ass" (or something like that) person for that job. It sounds like one of those 80-100 hour a week jobs where you burn out after two years and get PTSD and they throw you away for non-performance.

The job opening list is huge, but it is for all jobs globally. There are also CSR jobs for places that don't have Uber right now (like Midland, TX, where I used to live). So just by looking through the job openings, you can get an idea of where Uber plans to expand to.

Over on the Austin forum, when I asked, they said driving for UberEats during lunch hour was a decent gig.
Yes when I dug further, I did see other non-driver job postings. I applied for two for shits and giggles. #UberSpy

GoneUber

A friend of mine did the online application last week and someone from the Houston office actually followed up with him today. Too funny. Will report back.....

GoneUber

A friend of mine did the online application last week and someone from the Houston office actually followed up with him today. Too funny. Will report back.....
What a company! So friend is asked for resume- sends resume. Then a lot of back and forth about if he can work M-F from 10am-12pm, has his own car etc. No kidding- emails on a Sunday night about a job. Then is asked to interview with less than two hours notice today- what kind of place does business like this? Of course he declined to interview today but said he could with more notice. No interest in working for them but wants to actually tell them no once offered. Lol.

At some point you have to put your foot down. I have now had FIVE interviews in the last 10 days with large companies. HR always gives you plenty of notice and much of the communication is done by phone. UberEats is a joke and I can't wait to see it fail miserably.

YouWishYouKnewMe

Anyone thinking about this nonsense just get a regular food delivery job on the weekends you'll make more than you will with Uber all week
$15/hr minus Uber is $12 minus all that driving ll that food stank and gas you'll get less than minimum wage
Delivering food for any other place you get minimum wage delivery fee plus mileage reimbursement with workers comp etc
Just sayin

GoneUber

Better yet- go after a real job that doesn't require you to drive via an app to earn a living.

Again once I got strategic about my job search, the companies just started calling nonstop. Oil and gas will not rebound for a while but I'm still able to command a great compensation package. Uber sucks, Favor is worse and maybe the others are a little better. Regardless, none of these beats a salary with benefits, perks and a bonus structure. Flexibility should not outweigh Stability and Security. Just saying. #RealJobs

Richard Cranium

Anyone thinking about this nonsense just get a regular food delivery job on the weekends you'll make more than you will with Uber all week
$15/hr minus Uber is $12 minus all that driving ll that food stank and gas you'll get less than minimum wage
Delivering food for any other place you get minimum wage delivery fee plus mileage reimbursement with workers comp etc
Just sayin
I love the smell of Curry, Nasty Smelling Fish, and Leather....
*shudder*

So if it spills in your car is there a clean up fee?

RC