1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Is Headed for a Crash?

Discussion in 'News' started by everythingsuber, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:51 PM.

1. soontobeautomated

soontobeautomated

Driving:
    UberX
    Let's see how off topic this thread will get.

Ready

Set

Go........

2. ST DYMPHNA son

ST DYMPHNA son

Driving:
    UberX
    ...have you read it???...I did...suppose that IPO will be an answer to it...

3. elle149

elle149

um yeah... for those who love headlines this is a winner

to anyone who understands the so called big picture..... this is landfill........

Uberyouber and teh744 like this.
  4. In what way?

ST DYMPHNA son likes this.
  5. elle149

elle149

facebook never presented a case of profitability.
    nor did snapchat,nor did instagram
    etc etc etc
    profit was never 'touted' as their core business !

obviously it was always part of the business plan, but it was never once pitched .... not until they listed or more importantly (in this arena) were valued.

The simpler way of explaining this is - an investor in uber will absolutely be brought in on the "return to investment figures"
    these are not usually made public and they are never once touted in public as 'profits'

Keep in mind, uber is still reporting losses on its balance sheet - all the while re-investing, accruing new businesses and making massive future based capital investments

knowone is burning this amount of cash if they believed for second there is no positive return.... ie profit

DarnellAtlanta likes this.
  6. ST DYMPHNA son

ST DYMPHNA son

Driving:
    UberX
    ...an optimist ,aren't you...:):):)

...but please read what was written in the article...

7. Can cite plenty of examples of gamblers throwing out good money chasing bad?
    Uber have pivoted about 5 times.

Let's look at what they've diversified into.
    Driverless cars? Waymo / Google now admit decades away if ever.
    Flying taxis?.A few drawings powered by batteries that don't even exist.
    Bikes? No one else is making money there.

What is the big picture no one else can see?

8. elle149

elle149

im not a over the top fan of uber the business.

i like the principle of ride sharing
    i like the workings of the uber service
    (door pick up / tracking driver etc )
    i like the fact there is another competitor in the market other than taxis

i did read the article
    its absolutely nothing new in regards to this opinion

i dont agree with it because i see things in this space very differently

9. mbd

mbd

Market needs to be in a uptrend ... they will scrap it if market is not moving much.

10. I'm really busy this afternoon I won't bite:)

11. Uber is in for a rude awakening, the stock market is going to crash before they go IPO, and then Uber will blame the drivers.

12. ST DYMPHNA son

ST DYMPHNA son

Driving:
    UberX
    ...same as you I like driving with uber,but I am old,over sixty,so it is more like a fun to do it for me,but everything indicates,logic,common sense,whatever...that what this guy wrote might be correct ...well...IPO will be a proof if he was right or wrong...

13. SurgeMasterMN

SurgeMasterMN

Who got into a crash ?

Jk

14. Lexkan

Lexkan

I've mentioned it before that they should of IPOed some time ago, now they are heading into perfect storm

15. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Data collection is the new silk, spices or gold now

kcdrvr15 and elle149 like this.
  16. ST DYMPHNA son

ST DYMPHNA son

Driving:
    UberX
    ...as so any other bull**** till one need a bread and water...:):):)

17. UberBastid

UberBastid

Uber JUST sold $2 billion in bonds. That's $2,000,000,000 at .... drumroll please .... EIGHT PERCENT.
    It was pointed out elsewhere you you can get subprime auto loans for less.

EIGHT PERCENT

https://www.wsj.com/articles/uber-borrows-2-billion-in-debut-bond-sale-1539872466

"The new bonds received a private credit rating of single-B-minus from S&P Global Ratings and B3 from Moody’s Investors Service Inc., which were only made available to investors who signed confidentiality agreements, the analyst said. High-yield bond investors compared Uber’s deal to bonds recently issued by WeWork Cos. and Tesla Inc.,two other cash-burning companies with start-up profiles and lofty equity valuations."

Cash out at the end of every shift. Why? Because in a bankruptcy case; vendors and contractors get paid last. That means, you won't get paid. Don't get into them for more than you can afford to lose.

Yam Digger, Jo3030, New2This and 5 others like this.
  18. Their revenue for the 3rd quarter is $2.95B so they must be doing something right...But with a declared loss of $1B?!? That means only 2 things:
    1. Either they're really bad at accounting for overhead expenses OR
    2. They are investing heavily in other things like assets, etc.

I find it hard to believe that the losses are all associated with overheads. I mean, apart from servers, their HQ, some staff and one(or two) green light hubs per city... What else is there?

Jo3030 and MoreTips like this.
  19. ST DYMPHNA son

ST DYMPHNA son

Driving:
    UberX
    ...haven't you noticed electronic billboards around Sydney with uber advertising??,multiply it with cities around the world,all settlements out of court ie paying to a family of the woman killed by uber autonomous car,paying of blackmailers,programmers,T.K six Billion,uber expenses are humongous...and don't forget that taxi business was not making much money before uber came...uber was like a gangster undercutting legit business 'cos they did not have overheads like taxis had...uber stopped to be gangster like and there is a prize to pay for it...now uber has to comply to the rules...and that is expensive ...please read article which started this thread...the logic can not be denied...