Uber is growing in NYC, but yellow taxis still do double the business

Inshur

ubershiza

"Uber is growing in NYC, but yellow taxis still do double the business"

The TLC is allowing over 90,000 fhv drivers to feed uber and other rideshare companys. How the hell is anyone making money.

Tesh

QI dont know about ubers but i can tell you for sure yellows are still booking $350-$450 per day. Less competitition, tips and 0% commison :cool::p

Queens NY

QI dont know about ubers but i can tell you for sure yellows are still booking $350-$450 per day. Less competitition, tips and 0% commison :cool::p
$400 - $100 Cab rental fee = $300 / 12 hrs = $25 / hr.

Minus gas and tolls.

FastEddie

I drove yellow for 4 years please this is B.S I see yellow empties everywhere/most of the time. Plus Only takes you 1 outter borough trip to ruin your shift too

Lenny_yellow_cab

Out of the 13k, there are probably only like 8k working due to apps. So there is a lack of drivers but u must also realize there is a huge lack of pax.

There are gonna be some drivers that are gonna make $400 gross a shift but there are other that won't even make $200 gross.

My dad and uncle are having a hard time making ends meet because there aren't any street hails as abundant as it use to be pre-apps.

The rent of yellow cabs are still not low enough in my opinion.

Uberman8263

Out of the 13k, there are probably only like 8k working due to apps. So there is a lack of drivers but u must also realize there is a huge lack of pax.

There are gonna be some drivers that are gonna make $400 gross a shift but there are other that won't even make $200 gross.

My dad and uncle are having a hard time making ends meet because there aren't any street hails as abundant as it use to be pre-apps.

The rent of yellow cabs are still not low enough in my opinion.
What is the daily or weekly rate? If you own your own car with a 3 years lease, if you know.

JDJ

Yellows will always gross and net more than ubers in nyc.
I highly doubt they gross more right now, i'm talking about before uber fee and sales tax bcf.
As of right now any new driver can get a payout of $300 a day most days in under 11 hours with uber if worked in the city & BK
$1500 hundred in about 50 hours depending the hours worked. Yellow have a big advantage when it comes to the taxes.

ubercks

I have to say I drove last two days a yellow cab and made $450.00 Friday 12/23 in ten hours and $300 in eight hours on sat 12/24, uber sucks !! Upper east side to Newark airport after tolls $110.00 , what is that in uber money $60.00 for the driver ?? Wake up street hails and tips are king . FYI never drove a yellow before Lol !! Uber on

Lenny_yellow_cab

I have to say I drove last two days a yellow cab and made $450.00 Friday 12/23 in ten hours and $300 in eight hours on sat 12/24, uber sucks !! Upper east side to Newark airport after tolls $110.00 , what is that in uber money $60.00 for the driver ?? Wake up street hails and tips are king . FYI never drove a yellow before Lol !! Uber on
The only problem with yellow now a days is that there is too much competition and the enormous amount of traffic.

But comparing Uber to Yellow, i still feel that u can make more in Yellow. The problem is most of these app drivers don't like the whole "shift" and like the flexibility when it comes to driving for apps.

ubercks

Any real New Yorker with $$ takes yellow , I was driving nv200 and everyone loved my cab .. some said it reminded them of the old checkers ...

SpeedracerX

I drove yellow for 4 years please this is B.S I see yellow empties everywhere/most of the time. Plus Only takes you 1 outter borough trip to ruin your shift too
How many empty Esclades / Suburbans you see out there ? I see these so-call Hugh end folks doing Pool pickups all the time ...
It's dog eat dog world ...
Yellow has TIPS...All Cabbies take home over $50 daily tips easily.
That's $300+ extra weekly income ...
Yelllow will never go away in NYC

Inshur New York