Uber is going to cut prices!!

Makethatmoney

now that uber threw the towel in China and got backing from the biggest ride share company they are going to cut prices to take out lyft and any competitor.. If they where a billion a year in China what do you think they will do in the US...

Jiynks

As messed morally as this would be for the drivers to be offered a lower price per mile, but sadly it's a great idea for uber to maximize profit.
If you had a hotdog stand and sold each hotdog for 1$ but the demand is 1.25$.
I'm sure all of us would try and make more money with our venture.

tohunt4me

As messed morally as this would be for the drivers to be offered a lower price per mile, but sadly it's a great idea for uber to maximize profit.
STEP AWAY FROM THE KOOL AID !

UBER IS UNSUSTSINABLE !

Attachments

Adieu

Except Uber NEVER MADE A CENT

Its not a war for profit, just jostling for market share and hoping to be left standing and in good position when the other players run out of seed money

KMANDERSON

now that uber threw the towel in China and got backing from the biggest ride share company they are going to cut prices to take out lyft and any competitor.. If they where a billion a year in China what do you think they will do in the US...
Uber can do what ever they want,because most drivers don't get it.They complain about the rates and go out there and drive.

Tedgey

There might be something about the supply/demand curve you don't quite get..

thelittleguyhelper

Uber isn't making money in China. Fraud is rampant. They juice the rides with guarantees. They pay $5 the trip is worth $15. The driver and the juicer split the $10.

China is mostly negative revenue. Uber burning liquid faster than most realize.
Uber's operations in China were sold a couple of days ago to Didi for a 20% stake in the resulting super-network with no further monetary commitment or share in the risk.

thelittleguyhelper

Uber can do what ever they want,because most drivers don't get it.They complain about the rates and go out there and drive.
It's harder than that:
Cut their own throat.

Cut rates = Uber cut it's throat.

The results are already noticed.
Uber didn't start the price cutting deal, the arch-enemy of Kalanick (who screwed himself on a deal that Kalanick multipled x20 in a sale moments after he demanded and got out of the deal with his original investment, forever securing his hatred for Kalanick who had pleaded with him not to go) decided to copy Uber and then start the unlicensed rides game, and then began to lower fares to steal market-share, while also paying media outlets (in which he is also an investor) to slander Uber and make people angry (like a politician).
<BR><BR>
Google "Uber Kalanick Failcon" for the Youtube history about the backstory. As for me, I've got names of reporters who are shills since I knew inside facts vs. what they were reporting! :biggrin:

Adieu

Uber isn't making money in China. Fraud is rampant. They juice the rides with guarantees. They pay $5 the trip is worth $15. The driver and the juicer split the $10.

China is mostly negative revenue. Uber burning liquid faster than most realize.
And probably ride both phones on a public bus :-)

Jiynks

tohunt4me I gotcha, np. I'll step away from the kool-aid so you continue to go for seconds and thirds.
How is the most basic of rules in business not apply to uber choice Whether to raise or lower its product ?
Suprise, people will continue to work for uber despite cuts.
Not sure how much it's changed but people still out there mile'ing the grind in Detroit for 30 cents a mile.
So explain that all mighty business genious?
Now to follow your logic, when you pick up a pax on surge why dont you do the right thing and contact uber that you'd like them to adjust the fare to base rates?
Which of course you wouldn't and your reasoning behind this would be " because demand was high so a customer should have to pay more"
But only on customer side though hmm, uber shouldnt drop rates cause it has tons of drivers still willing to drive at lower rates.

Jiynks

• Adieu I'd disagree uber not making money at any price per mile, I don't imagine they have high over head of operation. It seems uber wants ANYONE wanting a ride to the the only source providing. Quantity over quality, and they can do that via one methodology. That there will be drivers providing even still at lowest possible fares.
  • And I'm not sure that can't happened all new drivers I meet are people down on thier luck , not having a car. So uber provides that car. So it's viewed as a fare trade out if desperation.
  • Sooo at some point the driver pool will be people just working for them to just pay for the car and than use that car for main job.

LVN8V_BC43

Do these idiots realize, THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO DOMINATE THIS INDUSTRY ALONE....."Anti-trust" ya Uber shmux...Anti-trust.

UberLaLa

It's harder than that:

Uber didn't start the price cutting deal, the arch-enemy of Kalanick (who screwed himself on a deal that Kalanick multipled x20 in a sale moments after he demanded and got out of the deal with his original investment, forever securing his hatred for Kalanick who had pleaded with him not to go) decided to copy Uber and then start the unlicensed rides game, and then began to lower fares to steal market-share, while also paying media outlets (in which he is also an investor) to slander Uber and make people angry (like a politician).
<BR><BR>
Google "Uber Kalanick Failcon" for the Youtube history about the backstory. As for me, I've got names of reporters who are shills since I knew inside facts vs. what they were reporting! :biggrin:
Heeeey...aren't you that one....you know (shhhh) csr person that was on here a few months ago then vanished...?