• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber is Going IPO whats in it for drivers.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

A CPA is an accountant. CPA stands for Certified Public Accountant. I think a tax accountant is what you're referring to. A tax accountant/attorney usually specializes in compliance of the current and ever changing IRS Tax Codes.
That’s like saying a paralegal is the same as an attorney
An accountant is NOT a CPA

Accountants need to take a very difficult exam to earn a CPA designation.
Just like a lawyer needs to take the bar exam.

H & R block has accountants
I have a CPA.

Class dismissed

SEAL Team 5

No wonder Uber has an easy time finding ignorant drivers. I did not post an accountant is a CPA, I posted
A CPA is an accountant. You're the one that posted
I don’t have an accountant. I have a CPA
You should have posted "I have an accountant that's a CPA." Grammar 101, Case Closed.

I still think you need a tax accountant to inform you of the mileage deduction rule in regards to Uber's destination filter. Good luck.

peteyvavs

There will always be some people that’ll drive for Uber/Lyft because they can’t do anything else, draw your own conclusion. People will never get together because they are selfish, rather have a short term gain for a long term loss.

goneubering

Uber is worth $120 billion and I guess all the investors are going to get rich. But the true hardwork put in by drivers is the main reason for this IPO. What do drivers get for the loyalty they put in for Uber.
Its time for Uber to reward drivers and put the driver partners in the IPO equation. What do you think?
Nothing. Zero. Nada.

Peter S

Uber is worth $120 billion and I guess all the investors are going to get rich. But the true hardwork put in by drivers is the main reason for this IPO. What do drivers get for the loyalty they put in for Uber.
Its time for Uber to reward drivers and put the driver partners in the IPO equation. What do you think?
I could not agree more!!! I'm asking that we collectively raise the question:

Are you including the Uber Partners in the Uber Pre-Public IPO invitation?

Oscar Levant

Uber doesn’t owe the drivers anything.
There are almost no original drivers with somewhere between 50 to 95% turnover per year .
Whenever I was a passenger in an Uber I always wondered how come the drivers were always recently hired .
I thought the company was just growing so quickly.
Now I know why the majority of its workforce is so new and inexperienced .

The only way to save this sinking ship would be for Uber and Lyft to merge.
That would allow them to raise the prices but then the question is since the bus crowded already got used to paying a private chauffeur bus prices ,what happens if those people realize they now will have to pay dirt cheap taxi rates instead of what they got used to.
Will they still be using Uber when ‘ i’ll tip you in the app‘ does not work anymore.
I drove for a few big cab companies in the 70s and 80s United Checker and yellow they all went out of business. All big Transportation companies in the exclusive ride business go out of business. Therefore I would recommend shorting this stock

1974toyota

UBER THX you, now B-E-N-D O-V-E-R.......................ROFLMAO,,,JMO

UberBeemer

If you buy stock you might see a profit. But there is no consideration for us if the IPO is successful. We get paid to drive. No promise was made beyond that.

Peter S

If you buy stock you might see a profit. But there is no consideration for us if the IPO is successful. We get paid to drive. No promise was made beyond that.
That's the absolute same for any employees that work for Raiser/Uber!!!! Are we not as valuable to User's success as the Receptionist or Customer Service Agents??? Well, the Receptionist(s) and the Customer Service Agents are likely sitting on thousands of Stock Options and in just a few days will be the beneficiaries of a big financial pop. Why in the World not at least invite drivers (AKA: Uber Partner) to buy company stock at the IPO price?

Last edited:

UberBeemer

I have no idea if the employees were offered stock options. Its possible. Many companies offer them in lieu of higher salaries. Many companies also have contractual language that allows them to avoid paying such benefits under certain circumstances.

But whether it is moral or not, we agreed to terms.

jgiun1

That’s like saying a paralegal is the same as an attorney

Accountants need to take a very difficult exam to earn a CPA designation.
Just like a lawyer needs to take the bar exam.

H & R block has accountants
I have a CPA.

Class dismissed

You must be doing so well in life...Uber on!!!!

Last edited:

jgiun1

I doubt most Uber drivers need more than a regular accountant,CPA for Uber taxes? whatever,jmo
Lol...Jackson Hewitt does just fine and gives me some return free cash out when I start the process early and then some more free money when I finalize and file......ME likey